* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 69
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: Cockpit assignement issue with DCS  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
Cockpit assignement issue with DCS
« on: May 01, 2021, 07:57:34 AM »
Gents I have an issue I can't get around as I am really lost on this one.

Looking for advices or inputs as I'm getting too target fixated on that one and may miss the obvious...

Here's the deal:

My pit is fully programmed and rather than reprogram the pit, I'm redoing a key configuration for DCS.
Most of it works fine, but for some keys I can't make it work in the pit in 3D.

Example
Master caution is CTL+c in my pit
It's been assigned in DCS as Reset master caution. The original bind has been replaced and LCTL+C has been assigned
Now DCS makes a difference between LEFT CTL and RIGHT control. Fine but it doesn't seem to be relevant here, read on.

After assignation, I test with the keyboard in the DCS UI config: it does work I see the key being emulated and the line jumps to master caution reset
I test with the cockpit button: it does work I see the key being emulated and the line jumps to master caution reset
I go into 3D, and I test with the cockpit button: it does NOT work, nothing happens
Still in 3D I test with the keyboard LCTL+c and it does work, the master caution light resets
... ??

Any idea?
I asked the DCS forum weeks ago but no reaction.
I have other stuff behaving exactly the same like the Hook down that is recognized in the Ui from my pit switch but not in 3D whereas the Hook up works perfectly fine in both the Ui and 3D?

Any hint is welcome as it drives me mad
Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
Re: Cockpit assignement issue with DCS
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 10:54:13 AM »
Does your programming software make a different between left and right buttons? There are not only Control, also ALT and the windows key that has a left and right version...

If yes, give it a try. I would suggest that as long you stay outside DCS it does not care, but once in 3D ist looks for the different buttons.

If you are in the key control menue and assing a new key combination to a function.. you can press LCTL and C and you get a list of funktions that is assigned to this button combination. Maybe you try this:

- Go into 2D into the options, look for a command and bush your assinged key. If DCS tells you that you are pressinf CTL-C and this for example closes canopy all is fine.
- Go into 3D and do the same... now the game should also tell you that CTL C is binded to canopy close.. if that does not happen, you know that keys are read different in 2D and 3D...

Important is jsut that the combination you want to press is already used, so you get the message and can b e sure that it is the right one...

In my opinion, there should be no different behavoir betwenn the option Menue in 2D and 3D...

More I also do not know, I still wait for my interface stuff to start the key things... :(

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 12:01:16 PM »
Thanks for chiming in Cupra,

I programmed the X-keys with macroworks 3 and they do indeed make a difference between left and right CTL ALT & SHF.
In the master caution case example, it's indeed LEFT CTL c and since pressing the button in UI and the keyboard in 3D give the same, I was pretty confident it was the case.

Yet the pit button does not work in 3D
I checked the sequence, all good, the only thing I haven't tested is a delay between key down and key up but it's pretty instantaneous with the keyboard as well
Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

Offline Weezer

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • Brig.General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 02:22:19 PM »
I experienced the same issue with DCS. It's all about our X-Key slamming the commands too fast. If I programmed the keys with a slight delay, they worked! Unfortunately, I have some issues with either my XKeys or my computer...running 3 XKeys with macroworks won't work...one is not recognized, so I have to revert all my Xkeys back to the old macrorecorder - programming them on an old WinXP computer - and move them over to my main computer when finished. Unfortunately, all the delays needed renders the programfile too big for the old system to read...so I'm kinda stuck in limbo.

Peace,
/Fred

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal