Customizing Default Point of View in BMS by Tulkas
[April 13, 2024, 03:44:53 PM]

Hello from the UK! by ChrispyBiscuit99
[April 09, 2024, 01:19:26 PM]

Hi! From Turkiye by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:23 PM]

Hello from Greece by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:06 PM]

Author Topic: 4.35 released: what does it changes for us:  (Read 12917 times)

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
Re: 4.35 released: what does it changes for us:
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2021, 02:17:18 AM »
That RTT bug is really annoying.
i'm very confident update 1 will fix the issue and hopefully update 1 is not too far away

Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

Offline Romanski

• MSC
  • Administrator
  • General
  • www.31st.nl
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2021, 02:31:12 AM »
That RTT bug is really annoying.
i'm very confident update 1 will fix the issue and hopefully update 1 is not too far away

Thanks RD.
"...Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die!
Won't you run, live to fly, fly to live, Aces high!"

Offline Snoopy

• General
  • Flying Snoopy Airways
  • VP Awards Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2021, 03:32:41 AM »
Last weekend I played a bit with RTT and got it to work. But I had some strange behaviour which I am not sure is normal.

With older versions the extracted (MFD) screens opened automatically when starting BMS. With RTT I have to start them manually each time. Not such a problem, just an inconvenience. But when closing BMS they do not close. RTT remains active and I can not close it normally. Each time I have to first open task manager and then find the RTT task and delete it.

Is this normal?

Offline KK

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2021, 04:37:16 AM »
You don't have to close them via Taskmanager.
Just right click on that icon down in the taskbar and make the Shutdown RTTClient.
I know you don't like to hear that but It's written in the MANUAL!
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Offline Snoopy

• General
  • Flying Snoopy Airways
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2021, 05:56:15 AM »
You don't have to close them via Taskmanager.
Just right click on that icon down in the taskbar and make the Shutdown RTTClient.
I know you don't like to hear that but It's written in the MANUAL!
Maybe, I wasn't clear enough. That is what I tried of course, but it doesn't work. When I right click in the taskbar and click on shutdown or the X, nothing happens. I can only get RTT to close through the task-manager.

BlackEagle88

« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2021, 01:01:26 PM »
Hi all,
so i tried my project for new LG capabilities.

Here a short video
https://youtu.be/AeVSX-PqbS8

It works, but solenoids gets very hot and after 5 minutes my relay card starts to make strange sounds... any idea? I’m feared to maintain this configuration. At the moment I’m using a CAN8 Relay from Polabs, 12V relays version. Attached 5 magnets for Autopilot, parcking brakes and JFS 1 & 2. Then these 2 solenoids, 12 V. Any suggestion?
Hi @BlackEagle88
Your relay should only be active when:
1. Your gear is down and no WOW . So right after you have lifted off and WOW disabled.
2. In the air when your gear is up and you push the permission button
3. After you lowered your gear in the air (same as 1)

The real gear handle have the same issue with getting hot and burning out. This usually happens if pilots play with the permission button or have the gear down for too long. I added a electronic card to my gear panel which will trigger the solenoid at the full volt, then lower the voltage to keep the solenoid engaged.

See this post:
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=11400.msg175640#msg175640

Board bought. Waiting for delivery, then I will contact you for wiring. Thank you!

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2021, 01:34:50 PM »
right click on the icon and then close the RTT 2 times, then it closes.  its a bug.

I have a little program here you can use to start all your sim SW and then when you close that program then it terminates all your programs also.

Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7z8bp52a230k9aa/ViperWizard_0.3b.zip?dl=0

Kukki

Offline Snoopy

• General
  • Flying Snoopy Airways
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2021, 03:52:22 PM »
Thanks!   :clap: I'll try that tomorrow.

BlackEagle88

« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2021, 03:24:37 AM »
Hi all,

Here a short video

It works, but solenoids gets very hot and after 5 minutes my relay card starts to make strange sounds... any idea? I’m feared to maintain this configuration. At the moment I’m using a CAN8 Relay from Polabs, 12V relays version. Attached 5 magnets for Autopilot, parcking brakes and JFS 1 & 2. Then these 2 solenoids, 12 V. Any suggestion?
Hi @BlackEagle88
1. Your gear is down and no WOW . So right after you have lifted off and WOW disabled.

The real gear handle have the same issue with getting hot and burning out. This usually happens if pilots play with the permission button or have the gear down for too long. I added a electronic card to my gear panel which will trigger the solenoid at the full volt, then lower the voltage to keep the solenoid engaged.

See this post:

Hi JJ.

My lever lock solenoid is ON when in air, this one don’t need the special card because solenoid don’t activates unless I press the white consent button and that’s happen for 2 seconds max. When in air gear gear handle can be rised up without pressing the white button cause there is no shaft hole wher the shaft can insert and block movement.

The only one solenoid that needs this special card is WOW, cause it stays active for a longer time.
This is for my LG at least..

Anyway I ordered the board, will let you know when arrives

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • Callsign: Vino
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2021, 04:40:34 AM »
Hi all,

Here a short video

Hi @BlackEagle88

See this post:

Hi JJ.

My lever lock solenoid is ON when in air, this one don’t need the special card because solenoid don’t activates unless I press the white consent button and that’s happen for 2 seconds max. When in air gear gear handle can be rised up without pressing the white button cause there is no shaft hole wher the shaft can insert and block movement.

The only one solenoid that needs this special card is WOW, cause it stays active for a longer time.
This is for my LG at least..

Anyway I ordered the board, will let you know when arrives

Your solenoid should not be active when WOW is activated. When you have Weight on Wheels you should not be able to raise your gear.
That's why the new Solenoid status is "0 not powered or failed or WOW  , 1 is working OK"
So as soon as you lift off, then the solenoid activates.
The only time your solenoid is on constantly is when you are in the air with your gear down.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 04:52:42 AM by jjbravo »

Offline Diabolo_101

• Lt. Col
  • Still not finished...
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2021, 07:46:38 AM »
Hello, there is one thing I'd like to clarify: are the bits activated with the corresponding value in the sim? I'm explaining:I changed my landing gear box this way:
- Previously, white push button on the lever directly activated the blocking solenoid (it retracted directly on button push)
- Now, it sends the Push button action to the sim and the locking solenoid is deactivated ONLY if the bit is set to active in the sim. My understanding is that this bit will only change status if we are in the conditions to activate it,
My point is then why must we have a Wow solenoid if the sim handles the status? I just added a push button for the Down lock release (I kept the mechanical option as well, just like in AlbertJ adaptation), for the information to reach the sim as well. Am I right or am I missing something?

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2021, 12:44:25 PM »
It all depends on how your landing gear box is wired - if the sim controls your soleniod, then there' probably nothing you need do. 

But if the button controls your solenoid directly (which is the case with Martin's gear box, in that you can make it operate even without BMS running) then you need to include some sort of BMS controlled interruption of the button.

My plan is to simply wire in a relay which will open the circuit if BMS sets the bit.
- Rufus

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2021, 03:01:27 PM »
Ok...so how are people getting Trigger Detent 1 and Trigger Detent 2 assigned correctly?

With my WH stick I can't get to Detent 2 without having Detent 1 also invoked - so it seems I can only assign 1 or 2, but not both.  Is there a place in the keyfile I can edit?
- Rufus

Offline AlbertJ

• LT. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2021, 03:19:38 PM »
In bms, first assign detent 1 and hold it. Then select detent 2 in bms and squeeze the trigger for detent 2 to assign.

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2021, 04:02:43 PM »
I've tried that and I end up getting Detent 2 assigned to both...I guess you have to cuss just right... :brickwall: ...but I'll try it again...
- Rufus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal