Mag switches with DCS by questerymj
[May 11, 2024, 08:11:05 AM]

USAeroSim DCS F16c CDU Software by snakedoc
[May 10, 2024, 09:10:22 AM]

I am a newbie who took off from Japan sir by questerymj
[May 09, 2024, 09:12:07 AM]

Hello from Canada by RonD
[May 05, 2024, 04:00:22 PM]

Author Topic: Setting a Custom View and No 3D Cockpit as Default  (Read 748 times)

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
Setting a Custom View and No 3D Cockpit as Default
« on: May 01, 2023, 04:39:32 PM »
Hey guys,

I wanted to share a tip that John discovered the other day which sorted out the issue of having a 3D Custom View and/or No 3D Cockpit Views on by default upon entering the 3D world. 

For longest time I could not figure out why when I entered the 3D world my Custom View was selected at default but the No 3D cockpit view was not?  To make matters worse John who has a similar setup to me had the complete opposite; when he entered the 3D world his Cockpit was turned off, but his custom view was NOT selected.  Now sure it's easy as just hit a few key strokes to turn all that stuff off or on, but it nice to enter the 3D world with everything setup.

So last night John figured out the issue and the Tip I want to share is make sure you use a DX button that is in an "on" state.  So upon entry into the 3D world those key presses are selected and so instant you have no idea and everything is setup.

So in our case we now used the "Tone" switch in the COMM1 and 2 on the Audio 1 panel (Since they will never be used in BMS) and assigned those as DX buttons and reversed the pins in Pokeys and assigned them to toggle both Custom 3D View and No 3D Cockpit.  So now once we enter the 3D world they are already selected as soon as you enter.

I know there are others that use their own custom views or want the cockpit turned off, so a nice little tip for you.

Jody
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal