* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 144
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: Random spooldowns?  (Read 899 times)

Offline clr4ils

• LT. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Random spooldowns?
« on: October 24, 2014, 08:11:24 AM »
So after getting my pit in flying condition I've actually *gasp* flown a couple missions/Tes. I know, crazy. I keep having a weird issue happen though. I'll get random spooldowns in flight. As if I've pressed the idle detent or something. Because I'll click my idle detent and the engine will start back up. I used to think it was only happening when I brought my throttle back to idle but one time last night it happened with throttle at cruise setting after I had just hit skip4x which was bad because it immediately went black since it was at 4x.  I'm not using the idle detent option in settings because I have a switch for it in my pit. Any ideas? As always thanks in advance.

Offline JCook

• General
  • Callsign: "Anger"
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Re: Random spooldowns?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 12:16:22 PM »
Check to see if you have any keys cross mapped to engine cutoff or idle detent.
Takeoffs are optional...landings are mandatory

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 02:40:10 PM »
Sounds like a key collision - like there is some action you are doing at the same time (like stepping on a toe brake and operating the speed brakes at the same time; that one used to make my Hook cycle...) that is being interpreted as a shutdown or idle command.  Try doing a few things at the same time and see if you can make it happen - then look at/for ways around it.

This is one of the reasons I'm planning to use a positive contact button for cuttoff when my throttle is placed to cuttoff position, and why I prefer to use ON-ON type switches as much as possible...more positive input control.
- Rufus

Offline clr4ils

• LT. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 11:12:09 PM »
Discovered tonight that my problem was the fuel feed was always off so it was losing fuel feed when I would push over the nose.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal