Mag switches with DCS by questerymj
[Today at 08:11:05 AM]

USAeroSim DCS F16c CDU Software by snakedoc
[May 10, 2024, 09:10:22 AM]

I am a newbie who took off from Japan sir by questerymj
[May 09, 2024, 09:12:07 AM]

Hello from Canada by RonD
[May 05, 2024, 04:00:22 PM]

Author Topic: DCStoF4 (Standalone version)  (Read 26522 times)

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
DCStoF4 (Standalone version)
« on: July 05, 2021, 09:14:27 AM »
Hello,

For those of you old enough to remember I'm the author of the UCC. The UCC drove many cockpit systems back when there was not a lot of such systems available in the prehistoric times of cockpit building :)

Nowadays with more ppl using both DCS and BMS in their cockpit I wanted to try to make cockpit interfacing with both sims much easier than what it is.
In that idea I created a program that collects information from DCS and translates them into a format readable by BMS cockpit utility.
Basically the DCS variables populates the BMS shared memory which in turn is read by cockpit hardware

This should make cockpit interfacing much easier (at least I hope)
At this time I concentrate only on the F-16

The software is called "DCS to F4"

ATTENTION this is the standalone version here. DCStoF4 Dll PlugIn is a specific version for all Pegasus’s hardware for DCS.

It's far from being finished and I need some help from testers on several points if you're willing to helm make the app more complete.

• Find out if my solution is interesting.
  • Look for bugs.
  • Help me find some data I'm missing on DCS.
  • Help me improve the program.
  • Find an icon.

How the program works:

1/ extract the content of the archive to a new folder of your choice.

2/ copy the content ("Export.lua" and "DCS-XFLIGHT" subfolder) of the "DCStoF4\DCS" folder to : %YourUseraccount%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts for DCS Open Beta and %YourUseraccount%\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts for the stable version

3/ Start Falcon BMS to the Ui (to activate the shared mem) and launch all required cockpit software as if you were setting up for a BMS flight. (UCC, DedCapture V2, Yame64, MFDE, etc.)

4/ launch "DCStoF4.exe"

Start a mission on DCS or DCS Open Beta.

Disclaimer,
the software is free to use as I am not looking for money, but I also do not want other ppl to use my work and make money on my back.
So please respect my work.

link to download :

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai2CjfRIh6gzgsQanr3Q9tQkPpDz0A?e=Ergtwm
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 01:10:29 PM by SharkNoir »
Manufacturer of former UCC

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
Re: DCStoF4 -- I need help if you want
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 09:22:49 AM »
Known issues:

- The RWR keeps symbols in the middle (see next post)
- The eHSI hardly works (see next post)
- For the ADI, the ILS bars do not appear (See next post)

- You need BMS on the main menu for most programs to work (research in progress).

- The DCStoF4 program must be restarted for each mission, it is a temporary measure, hopefully I will get rid of that as the software gets updated in the future
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 10:21:41 AM by Red Dog »

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 09:36:16 AM »
What I need to find out:
(feel free to provide advices if you can)

- DCS: I'm looking for the coordinates of the RWR symbols in DCS
- DCS: I am looking for info about HSI bits in DCS (bearing to station, crs, ...
- BMS: I am looking for the variable to makes the ADI displays the ILS bars in BMS  - it's probably in the HSI bits but I can't find where exactly
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 10:19:52 AM by Red Dog »

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 11:37:19 AM »

- BMS: I am looking for the variable to makes the ADI displays the ILS bars in BMS  - it's probably in the HSI bits but I can't find where exactly

Might be in FD bits HSI bits, ADI_GS and ADI_LOC for the flags
and probably in FD Vars AdiIlsHorPos & AdiIlsVerPos for the actual needle position I presume.

there's the famous BMS flightdata app in the tools folder that allows you to check these bits and variables
Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
Re: DCStoF4
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 01:39:01 PM »
This is awesome !!

in a blink I reactivated most of my cockpit systems while flying DCS :)
AIC, with most of it working, needles, lights ...
screens, ded
Wow

Way to go Sharknoir.
this is a great beginning and You just made my week test flying the DCS viper in the marianas

Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2021, 02:51:37 PM »
super cool, I will take a look at it too  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2021, 10:38:00 AM »
update to V0.2. link above

Add :

* HSI To flag
* HSI From flag
* HSI Ils Warning Flag
* HSI CourseWarning flag

For HSI, i looking for "bearingToBeacon" to finish it.

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2021, 04:18:18 AM »
Setting the export of DCS screens.

Currently, DCS only exports screens on the PC that runs the simulator and cockpit exports only work on the Cockpit view (not in the exterior view).
For the HUD view only (ALT-F1), it does not export certain instruments either, unless we activate the extraction of these on or outside the main screen (DED, CMDS, UHF, RWR, EHSI).

So I give you a set of files to copy - paste in the main installation directory of the game (not in the save directory).
This will allow you to get a functional cockpit in single HUD view.

Once these files are installed, you will have to choose "DCStoF4 for F-16" in the game parameters, in the "SCREENS" choice in order to validate the option.
You can refine the instrument settings (especially for MFDs) by editing the file: "\ Config \ MonitorSetup \ DCStoF4-F-16.lua"

Link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai2CjfRIh6gzgcJFi0OqcwYLWASZUA?e=kA58fN
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 10:56:41 AM by SharkNoir »

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2021, 03:18:03 AM »
Thanks Olivier

My center screen is still inop, but I continue testing asap.
This piece of software is a real gem for us having built a pit for BMS and willing to port it to DCS. It's so easy and efficient.

Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2021, 02:22:54 PM »
Add V0.3

* The first UI for DCStoF4.
* Adjust the ILS in ADI

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • Callsign: Vino
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2021, 10:21:10 PM »
Hey @SharkNoir
Is there anyway you can share how you get connected to DCS like BMS shared memory? I'm trying to write an integration, but I'm not quite sure how the scripts work for DCS and how I can receive outputs and send inputs. Your program isn't open source, otherwise I would have looked through that to find out how it works.

Here is what I'm working on for a Canbus implementation (This is early stages):
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

John

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2021, 01:11:52 AM »
Never mind, I think found a good post where it's explained. Just need to learn some Lua now...

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2021, 09:17:08 AM »
how you get connected to DCS like BMS shared memory?
That's exactly what DCStoF4 does.

I fail to see why the wheel needs to be reinvented? I'd rather see better cooperation towards a comon goal rather than a plethora of small initiative that ultimately fail or are used only by 1 ppl.

It's the whole story of VP. in 20 years hardly a few project federated and even today it's still a nightmare for newbees to join up and know where to start, where to get drawings and what interface to use.

IMHO, this DCStoF4 is a real Gem.
It should be pushed way forward and we should try to provide Sharknoir as much help he can get to perfect the software rather than trying to do the same on the side

Sorry for the rant, going back to my own hole now :)
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2021, 09:44:43 AM »
For the few variables I miss I posted in two different places on the DCS forum.

- The F-16 Developers Wish List
https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/274099-dcs-lua-export-for-rwr-and-ehsi/?tab=comments#comment-4702391

- The Home Cockpit forum.
https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/273076-dcs-f-16c-mod-how-find-export-datas-for-ehsi-and-rwr/?tab=comments#comment-4732162

In response, I got ... nothing.
I seem to be the only one who wants to interface instruments.
It's either screen offset or VR.
Maybe if all VP members join me?

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2021, 09:48:12 AM »
Sorry, if I can't respond within a day.

Then Reddog is right and alas, I don't have much feedback, if it's a valid idea or not ...

You can easily use what I did for your own personal project. it's a shame, but hey ...

Offline jjbravo

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2021, 11:24:58 AM »
how you get connected to DCS like BMS shared memory?
That's exactly what DCStoF4 does.

I fail to see why the wheel needs to be reinvented? I'd rather see better cooperation towards a comon goal rather than a plethora of small initiative that ultimately fail or are used only by 1 ppl.

It's the whole story of VP. in 20 years hardly a few project federated and even today it's still a nightmare for newbees to join up and know where to start, where to get drawings and what interface to use.

IMHO, this DCStoF4 is a real Gem.
It should be pushed way forward and we should try to provide Sharknoir as much help he can get to perfect the software rather than trying to do the same on the side

Sorry for the rant, going back to my own hole now :)

I guess I need to explain a little more. @Red Dog I hear you and I feel exactly the same, however...here is my story.

I was 3 USB issues away from being done with my pit and join the wing of Marwin. My pit was pretty much working in theory, however, once I sat in it and started flying, all kinds of issues started showing with USBs restarting, ground loop issues and Keystrokes not being sent to the sim. I tried to fix it for many months and I got 12 USB restart issues down to 3. However, I have not been able to fix these 3 issues, so my pit was basically unusable. I also hate that I have 22 USB interfaces as it creates a wiring mess.

I want a pit I can just startup and start flying without having to spend 3 hours before each flight to troubleshoot. From the start I wanted to implement a canbus system for all my panels and gauges. My friend owns a robotics company and he told me how they use it in their robots and he thought it would be perfect for a pit. I started down the road of doing this from scratch which was daunting...

This is when I met Beau. He convinced me to help him on F4ToPokeys. He was very convincing, so I started buying pokeys and helping him with the development side of things. I really enjoyed working with him and learned a ton from him. At this time I also got to know Lightning's tools, especially SimLinkup. I was/am amazed at the architecture he had come up with for his implementation and I begged Beau to redo F4ToPokeys with Simlinkup as a foundation, but Beau insisted to keep it original to honor the developer of F4ToPokeys.

So 3 months ago I decided to take what Lightning has done and pretty it up, then add the canbus functionality I wanted. So I'm not starting from scratch, I'm building on top of a product that has already proved to work and now it's not so daunting. Lightning's tools have everything we need for a solid product, I'm just adding a user interface on top and enhancing the modularity of his product so anyone can develop a hardware module for it and drop it in and start using it. I'm still in early stages, so I have not put the code in public yet until I have a beta, but it will all be open source as it's basically the same code as Simlinkup. Lightning has access to all the code, so in case something happens to me, he can make it public.

The features of Lightning's foundation has many benefits. It adds a Simulator interface so if someone wanted to make one for the DCS F-18 or Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, they can just implement this and drop in the DLL and it should work. He has ways to map signals from your hardware to the simulator already built in. There is callbacks for sending keystrokes directly to BMS etc.

I commend @SharkNoir for what he's doing, I wanted to do the same, but my main issue is getting rid of USB plugs, so this approach does not solve my issue. His software will be great for some people who is not in the same boat as me. As much as I want to help with this, I just want to get flying, and going down the canbus path is the best option for me. I am trying to make it work for the community as well, and I'm trying to get Martin to help me interface with his hardware, so I can also get rid of his USB interfaces, however this is going to be tough as he's is not open source.

Sorry for my rant, I will now go back in my basement...:D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 12:28:57 PM by jjbravo »

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2021, 05:07:22 AM »
My program does not use USB, CAMBUS, I2C, etc ...
It retrieves the variables from DCS and places them in the shared meory to the standard of F4 BMS.
It only makes a shared memory.

So if your program reads shared memory, you are already compatible with DCStoF4.

After DCStoF4, only does the F-16.
Because on DCS, to my surprise, does not export the data in the same way for all aircrafts (That's why I can't find the HSI and RWR info).

My program retrieves the data from the F-16 in LUA and sends it over the network in UDP. Then the main program retrieves the UDP and transcribes it for the Shared Memory.

What seems to interest you is the LUA part. What I advise you is to recover DCS-BIOS which has a substantial library with a search engine on all DCS aircrafts and their main extractions.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/118289-dcs-bios-overview-and-announcements/

Once installed, the library is accessible in its web interface. then use it to find the specific LUA code for the machine you are looking for.
If it's the F-16, then DCStoF4 has the LUA codes you're looking for ...

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2021, 05:13:52 AM »
Someone would know how to configure "RTTClient64_FakeBMS" so that it generates a false BMS and thus fool YAME64 with DCStoF4?
This is to avoid having BMS running in the background while we are using DCS...

Some programs like YAME64 verify that F4 BMS is working, it doesn't just verify that Shrared Memory is present. An annoying check for DCStoF4.

Offline morek99

• Captain
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2021, 06:42:52 AM »
A working YAME with DCStoF4 would a real treat!! I hope you succeed!
Thank you very much for your work on DCStoF4, a great tool!!

Best regards
Mirco

Someone would know how to configure "RTTClient64_FakeBMS" so that it generates a false BMS and thus fool YAME64 with DCStoF4?

Some programs like YAME64 verify that F4 BMS is working, it doesn't just verify that Shrared Memory is present. An annoying check for DCStoF4.

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2021, 08:37:27 AM »
A working YAME with DCStoF4 would a real treat!! I hope you succeed!
Thank you very much for your work on DCStoF4, a great tool!!

Best regards
Mirco

Hello,
currently DCStoF4 works with YAME64 and DCS. you just have to let F4 BMS start in the background on the main menu.
That's why Fake BMS would be better. but otherwise it works fine with DCSToF4, like MFDE.

Offline jjbravo

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2021, 12:00:48 PM »

Check out lightningtools, he has a shared memory program which simulates BMS and can record and replay shared memory.

https://github.com/lightningviper/lightningstools/tree/master/src/F4SharedMemMirror

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Lightning's Tools GitHub repository
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2021, 02:10:20 PM »
@jjbravo, F4SharedMemoryMirror just replicates the data shared memory areas from one PC to another (similar to RTTServer/RTTClient, except it doesn’t replicate the RTT graphical shared memory area).  It does not recreate operational/runtime aspects of BMS like faking the running BMS process details (process name/path, window handle, global mutex, etc.) Without looking at YAME source code, it’s not clear which runtime aspects of BMS that it’s looking for to check of BMS is running.

Using  RTTClient with FakeBMS settings would more likely be the right way to go.

Offline jjbravo

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2021, 05:48:28 PM »
Ok, thanks!

Offline Knight

• Maj. General
  • 31st Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2021, 09:29:52 AM »
Im in the exact same moment.  BMS display extraction is covered with YAME.  For DCS I used a workable solution with Helios.
It’s basically very simple (if you know the trick).  You import the newest F16 profile,  create virtual screenparts.  Than you cut and past the parts you need out of the virtual Helios cockpit to that particular new created screen part.   Move that part to the hardware screen you use and push and pull to fit it. 
But yes.  How nice would it be to use one extraction program for BMS and DCS.   That’s the main reason I’m fully going to use PsCockpit for BMS and DCS.
I’m building my pit whit the main goal to reduce the USB usage.  So for Pokeys perhaps create a matrix solution?  Or do I use the PsCockpit satellite boards (which I also need to find out how).  So same question,  What is my best solution to prevent a lot of USB connections and the same look and feel for display extraction. 

Question questions.    ::) :whocares:

Regards

Knight

Offline Viper47

• 1st.LT
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2021, 03:57:21 PM »
Very Nice Tool.
mostly everything works fine. :yihaw:
Only unable to export the MFD´s  with MFDE.

BMS is running in UI.
Yippieayee.....

Viper

Offline malpaso

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2021, 04:10:20 PM »
I plan to build my home cockpit with F4toserial(Arduino Mega 2560), also using Pokeys, but a question I have been asking myself!
What is the best solution to avoid too many USB connections?
So far I haven't found an answer to this question!
Flying is the second greatest emotion that man knows......Landing is the first!

Offline Viper47

• 1st.LT
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2021, 04:21:58 PM »

What do you want to configure ?
Some Options can be changed in the RTTClient.ini Maybe i can ask Dunc (the creator of RTT)

Suggest to make a copy of the entire RTTRemote Folder, change the RTTClient.ini in there, and start RTTClient64_FakeBMS from that folder.
Tried it out with MFDE but didnd work. Have to run BMS in the background.

Yippieayee.....

Viper

Offline Pegasus

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • http://www.xflight.de
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2021, 06:46:51 AM »
What for an amazing idea and great program! It's fantastic to have this nice solution as interface program.  :clap: :thumbsup:
I have test this now with my own cockpit and DEDCapture and the 1st tests are great. Thank you so much for this amazing program!!!! :yihaw: :yihaw:

Thanks Olivier!!
Martin "Pegasus"

Offline nebuluski

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2021, 04:39:53 PM »
Wow this looks great! Well done SharkNoir!  :yihaw:

Would I be right in assuming that this would allow the following to work with DCS F16:

• Lightnings CPD software and hardware with the screens etc (moving map probably will not work)
  • Arends AIC software combined with the Hardware
  • Leos' Gammmaray plus the various gauges that were produced by him for the community etc
  • Ghosts software for his DED and PFL OLED displays
Beta Innovations GammaRay V2, Beta Innovations ElectronFlux, Beta Innovations Plasma MM2, PS Cockpits, PHCC Various boards, AIC Boards and Gauges plus lots lots more! Still trying to find time to start my build! 24/02/20

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2021, 04:47:54 AM »
Wow this looks great! Well done SharkNoir!  :yihaw:

Would I be right in assuming that this would allow the following to work with DCS F16:

• Lightnings CPD software and hardware with the screens etc (moving map probably will not work)
  • Arends AIC software combined with the Hardware
  • Leos' Gammmaray plus the various gauges that were produced by him for the community etc
  • Ghosts software for his DED and PFL OLED displays
Hello,
On my tests, I'm waiting for feedback, for me all work except the 2 black spots (RWR and eHSI) which I continue to research and harass the devs (besides you can too).
For the map, the plane moves on the map, but someone has to generate a DCS map at the correct scale.

Offline morek99

• Captain
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2021, 05:07:54 AM »
Great software!! So far it works great with Martins DEDCapture3 beta 👍 .
Have not been able to get Yame64 to work with it, but will look into it when i habe more time available.
Thank you so much Olivier!
Do you think it might be possible to send Lua commands via UDP to DCS instead if keystrokes? Would be great to have a more direct interface.

Mirco

Offline Pegasus

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2021, 06:59:59 AM »
Hello guys,

in my new DEDCapture (currently beta) I will support also UDP commands to send to the simulator software as alternative for keystrokes. And if I understand DCS correct this software support this when you install the DCS-BIOS.

All a great weekend
Martin

EJay

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2021, 10:37:46 AM »
Last week I came across your work.  :yihaw:

Nice prog. SharkNoir. In my pit I have a full suite of Arends boards & DED. I network, via MFDE, my pedestal, RWR & backup ADI gauges to another PC and they all work just fine using DCS to F4 program.

Although I have not figured out how to get it to work on multiplayer, DCS to F4 closes down as soon as you get into the pit. I guess I will have to do a little re-reading  :reading:

I appreciate there is further detail that is still ongoing, however I am amazed with the work you have done and how far you have got. I installed DCS to F4 no problems and up and running without hitches and glitches,  my pit comes alive when flying DCS  :beer: albeit offline and free flight.  :yihaw:

I have extracted the DCS MFD's using DCS, MFCD2_monitor.lua I have been doing that with different aircraft ever since the first A10 was released so I have stayed with that for the F16.

I would like to express my gratitude for your hard work that makes this possible for us who already have committed to the AIC project

Great Job  and many thanks :clap:

EJay

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2021, 12:21:08 PM »
Hi all

With regards to my above post I think I have isolated the cause of DCS to F4 program to shut down

Everything is OK if I jump into a hotpit but closes when the pit is cold and dark, being in multiplayer or not makes no difference.

The radar standby switch up (right console SNSR PWR) panel when turned off will immediately close down DCS To F4 program

Not being a mission writer I have not been able to find how to spawn into a cold pit with this switch set to on to totally confirm the above

Has anybody else found the same or if it’s a known phenomena

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2021, 12:25:50 PM »
Hello,
thanks for the feedback, i will try to look to reproduce the problem and fix it. thank you.

Especially since we have a bug with Pegasus with DCStoF4 which we have trouble reproducing. maybe you just found it.

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2021, 11:03:49 AM »
Hello,
a new version of DCStoF4 is available.
It includes version 1.01 of the DCS Script
- Bug fix, Added some DED pages, Keystroke UDP implementation (beta).
It includes version 1.01 of the DCStoF4 Program.
- Fixed bug on SNSR Radar Power switch.
- Added debug mode.
- Connect / Disconnect optimization

available in the links on the first page ("DCStoF4V06.zip").
I await your feedback ... thank you

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2021, 02:25:11 PM »
Small version error on one of the files...  :whistle:
error corrected on the shared version.
Thanks Pegasus.  :hail:  :beer2:

Offline Pegasus

• Brig.General
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2021, 10:39:12 AM »
Olivier's ingenious tool "DCStoF4" takes on more and more functions and it is a real extension for everyone who wants to fly DCS. :thumbsup:

Olivier has now also extended his LUA scripts to include UDP commands. With these commands, switch positions etc. can easily be sent to the DCS F-16. This means that we cockpit builders no longer need slow and error-prone keyboard codes! And the best thing about it - it runs without a DCS BIOS!!! Simply copy the LUA scripts in the user directory under "... / Saved Games / ..." (for the exact storage location, see the documentation from Olivier) and you're ready to go.

Incidentally, the "DCStoF4" program is not required for the UDP commands. This program is only used to transfer the outputs from DCS to the shared memory. So if you only need UDP commands to set switches etc., you only have to copy the LUA scripts.

The new version of DEDCapture will support the sending of UDP commands. In the current beta version, all tests with Olivier's scripts run very well.

If you want to test the UDP commands now, you can download my small test program for sending any UDP commands from the following link.

https://www.xflight.de/transfer/SendUDPCommandV1.01.02.zip

I wish all a great new week
Martin "Pegasus"

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2021, 10:45:40 AM »
Thanks Martin

I am only a Padawan compared to you...

The new script is available on the front page... V.08

Offline morek99

• Captain
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2021, 04:25:20 AM »
Great Progress!!!
Big thanks to both of you  :clap:

Offline JCook

• General
  • Callsign: "Anger"
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2021, 09:55:16 AM »
Thank you both for all the hard work to make this possible.
Takeoffs are optional...landings are mandatory

Offline Thunder

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2021, 07:32:11 PM »
I love it when I find solutions on here to problems I didn't know I had yet... Great work, looking forward to trying it out!

Offline Doc

• Brig.General
    • My pit
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2021, 03:03:57 AM »
Great piece of software :clap:. Now I can have my Pokeys (ligthbits) and Arduino Mega/F4TS (engine gauges & DED) functional in DCS too  :yihaw:
FCC3, Cougar MFD, Hispapanels-ICP, Pokeys56U, DIY-CPD, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php/topic,4239.0.html

EJay

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2021, 02:42:42 AM »
Many thanks for the new version 8 DCS To F4  :clap: great work, it is now possible to jump into a cold cockpit and ramp start without issues  :beer:

May I be so bold and report a further issue to you :notes: after 20 minutes or so I have found that DCS To F4 stops responding but can be restarted during running the sim and values recover only to stop responding after similar time Has anyone found a similar issue or is it just my system suffering this phenomenon

Would be good to hear from you all
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 09:35:43 AM by EJay »

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2021, 05:35:49 AM »
I see the same Ejay.

Its seems DCStoF4 loses sync with DCS after 15-20 minutes...
When that happens the cockpit freezes. I can see that with the needles of the AIC gauges freezing and YAME instrument freezing as well
Here's what DCStoF4 reports:

Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2021, 05:40:37 AM »
Something else I noticed regarding the DED export

My DED is Ghost's ODED. It's working fine with BMS and working fine in DCS with DCStoF4 except for one small issue:
The 1 column of the DED rendered through DCStoF4 is missing the first column of character (to the left) where we have plenty of empty space to the right.
It should be switched one character to the right if possible.
I haven't tested other DED solution, so I have no idea if Martin's ded behave the same.

See the C and B missing

Compare the IFF page from 3D and in the pit

Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2021, 05:43:01 AM »
Happy to report also that YAME (1.2.1) works fine with DCStoF4

Later beta version does not work fine though and stay stuck at WAITING fpor FALCON 4.0 message
but the older versions works ok, except for the issue at the HSI (note the CDI inverted)
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2021, 11:59:11 AM »
I see the same Ejay.

Its seems DCStoF4 loses sync with DCS after 15-20 minutes...
When that happens the cockpit freezes. I can see that with the needles of the AIC gauges freezing and YAME instrument freezing as well
Here's what DCStoF4 reports:

Hello,
I think this is a problem with QT ...
I just released V0.10 with the first part of the Microsoft code module for DCStoF4.

The directory is called "DCStoF4-Mic", I hope to quickly create an interface.
It is barbaric at the moment, but it should work without stopping.

I await your feedback.

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2021, 12:02:41 PM »
Something else I noticed regarding the DED export

My DED is Ghost's ODED. It's working fine with BMS and working fine in DCS with DCStoF4 except for one small issue:
The 1 column of the DED rendered through DCStoF4 is missing the first column of character (to the left) where we have plenty of empty space to the right.
It should be switched one character to the right if possible.
I haven't tested other DED solution, so I have no idea if Martin's ded behave the same.

See the C and B missing

Compare the IFF page from 3D and in the pit

I can't seem to reproduce.

Especially since on the SharedMemory control tool provided by BMS, I have the same number of rows and columns and the same naming.
I do not understand...

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2021, 12:57:25 PM »
Good evening,

I found a bug on the T-ILS page...

Fixed, the new version is V010a

Offline Knight

• Maj. General
  • 31st Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2021, 06:20:38 PM »
Whaaaatt.  I lived under a rock for the last year I guess.  Is there an Display extraction for BMS and DCS?   I just posted a question..   :stupid:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 06:44:39 PM by Knight »

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2021, 03:01:03 AM »
See post #7 Knight :)
gives you a few hints but I will post a way to extract both MFDs this week end
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 03:26:28 AM by Red Dog »
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

EJay

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2021, 06:08:32 PM »
I like to report the following on version 10a

I Installed DCS To F4 version 10a, copied and paste the DCS-Xflight and Export. lua over to the saved games folder etc as you do but unfortunately the cockpit is dead when running DCS.

I have checked my windows defender firewall and confirmed that version 10a has permission, set DCS to F4 to run as administrator but alsa no go.  :(
or am I missing something  :reading:

I have re-instated version 8 and things have reverted back to where they were including anomalies but the pit is alive :clap: not hardware issues  :yihaw:

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2021, 02:06:18 AM »
I don't see the same.
V10a works fine for AIC for instance (and there's no further loss of sync)
But I wan't able to make Yame work with it. Still investigating as I was testing many things at the same time and it might have been a consequence of other things

But AIC definitely worked with v10a
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2021, 02:53:34 AM »
For me V10a works fine too, but it is easy for me to say that...

Be carreful, for V10a, you must use the new software (DCAtoF4-Mic) for no loss of sync.

For Yame, it is working for me to.

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2021, 03:32:44 AM »
On the left shift problem of the DED that RedDog is having.

I am not experiencing the shift problem on the following softwares and hardwares:

- Pegasus's DED hardware with DedCapture V2
- Falcon BMS 4.34 Shared Memory viewer software
- BMSFlightdata software from BMS tools of 4.35.U3
- MFDExtractor V0.6.3.0 software
- UCC V2.01 system and software

Anyone else having the same problem and on what system?

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2021, 05:47:42 AM »
I have Martin's PFD (always wanted to swap my Ghost ded for martin's as well)
So maybe I can redirect that one to DED and test it.
I'll report back over the week end
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2021, 06:32:12 AM »
I have Martin's PFD (always wanted to swap my Ghost ded for martin's as well)
So maybe I can redirect that one to DED and test it.
I'll report back over the week end

Thanks, I would like to know what is causing this problem and how to fix it.

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2021, 10:23:27 AM »
Couldn't wait for the weekend.

Here's Martin's PFD declared as a DED for the test. I really need to get one of these for my ded...

Works and it's not shifted. So yeah, it's ghost's ded. The others are working fine. too bad for me :)

By the way Olivier, look at that last picture, fuel totalizer is 0395. It's implemented through AIC and in DCS it reads 3395.
The needles although invisible shows correct data
Once it depletes under 3000, both DCS and AIC (through DCStoF4) shows 2999.
So it's either a specific issue on the 3 or with the thousand number when you spawn.
Happened to me more than once, but always the same mission when I enter the mission with 3395 Lbs on board. Will test with other scenario and report back
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2021, 10:48:16 AM »
Thanks for the return

Bug for the FQI is noted

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2021, 10:50:18 AM »
Cool RD.

I just started on this DCStoF4 and I did what oliver describe in his first post, but cant get it to work.

Im testing just with some of Pegasus instruments on my test pc.

FFI, DED, AOA, VVI and the EADI but nothing works in DCS.

I have copied the files into my game save folder, start BMS in 2D, run DedCapture and it reads the SM, set the port in dedcapture to 8082 as martin describe, and then run DCS, but nothing is getting from DCS to the BMS SM and then to the instruments.

I guess there is a simple solution to this, and I have forgot something here.

All have access through FW and the folders I use are excluded from defender and I have nothing else security on the test PC.

Any help/hints would be apriciated.

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2021, 10:57:54 AM »
Hello Kukki,

Do you use DedCapture V2 or DedCapture V3 from Martin?

If you use V3, please can you test with V2?

When you fly in DCS, LDCStoF4 of DCStoF4-Mic display lines constantly. Like the example below?
(See picture below)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 11:13:36 AM by SharkNoir »

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2021, 12:38:12 PM »
I use V3 dedcapture, its a nogo with V2 for me, im on his new LAN system.   no rush, I know you guys will solve this for V3

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2021, 01:04:21 PM »
Hello,
DedCapture V3 works with BMS for you?

Actually, my DED usb not works with V3 (Datas send to Martin) for DCS and BMS. With V2 my DED is ok
Tomorrow i will test with eADI, AOA and VVI with V3.

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2021, 01:28:29 PM »
Hello,
DedCapture V3 works with BMS for you?

Actually, my DED usb not works with V3 (Datas send to Martin) for DCS and BMS. With V2 my DED is ok
Tomorrow i will test with eADI, AOA and VVI with V3.

yes V3 works perfect with all for me and BMS 4.35

I have the DED in usb version and in LAN version and both works perfect.

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2021, 12:47:51 PM »
Good evening Kukki,
In DedCapture V3, when "F4" is selected in "General settings", the instruments have the Shared memory variables automatically filled in.
example :

AOA
https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=21/45/1hgr.jpg

VVI
https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=21/45/2two.jpg

eADI

https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=21/45/z59g.jpg

DED

https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=21/45/sz5g.jpg

But when you select "DCS" in "general settings", these same fields are empty. You have to fill them in (Moreover, there is a problem with the eADI for that).

example :

AOA

https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=21/45/rqsv.jpg

VVI

https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=21/45/8nhm.jpg

eADI

https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=21/45/7xvf.jpg

Did you fill them?

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2021, 01:01:32 PM »
Or, much simpler, leave the setting at "F4" and test DCS with DCStoF4.
For me it works.
At least that will make it possible to verify.
The keyboard commands will not be good but for the test.

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2021, 03:23:40 PM »
For me it works.

That is what im doing, all settings is for F4 BMS and I use the DCSt0F4 program, but still no joy.   Martin will look at it here in the weekend.
Im sure im doing something wrong or forget something, but I followed your guide.

I have also tried to install DCS Bios, but dont think that has something to be used for when using your program.

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2021, 09:56:32 AM »
Little bit of an experience return with some weird compatibility issues

Failing to be able to get YAME to display on top of all windows, I decided to give Helios a try to export the CP gauges.
Helios, like DCStoF4 (and others) need their own line in the export.lua files

If you declare DCStoF4 after Helios in the export.lua file, then Helios dos not work. DCStoF4 works
If you declare DCStoF4 before Helios, then Helios and DCStoF4 works

I found the issue testing my setup with stable DCS (which is not using DCStoF4) and when all was working fine with Helios I did the same with DCSbeta (which is using DCStoF4) but Helios never worked until very late Sunday when having tried all the other options, I finally decided to check if by chance it would work if I switched the declaration in the export.lua files.
And of course that worked.

So if you have such issue, make sure you declare first the DCStoF4 dofiles and then the Helios Dofiles lines in the export.lua
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline Knight

• Maj. General
  • 31st Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2021, 04:43:15 PM »
Hi Red Dog,  Can you please sent met your Export.lua so I can compare.  Its not working for DCS  and I can't find it... :stupid:

regards

Knight

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2021, 12:19:55 PM »
It was just sent to you Knight.
Hope it helps
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2021, 06:53:15 AM »
For me it works.

That is what im doing, all settings is for F4 BMS and I use the DCSt0F4 program, but still no joy.   Martin will look at it here in the weekend.
Im sure im doing something wrong or forget something, but I followed your guide.

I have also tried to install DCS Bios, but dont think that has something to be used for when using your program.

Hello Kukki,

I installed version 0.10b, can you test it to see if it works?

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2021, 10:21:55 AM »
Cpy, will test, thanks my friend.  :thumbsup:

EJay

« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2021, 08:05:23 AM »
Hi

Sorry for my forum outage, life priorities Im afraid.

I couldnt get DCS To F4 v10a to work however just came back and installed v10b and it works for me beauitifully :yihaw: :beer:

Many thanks for your continued hardwork Sharknoir

Offline Doc

• Brig.General
    • My pit
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2021, 11:37:09 AM »
I lose my TrackIR in DCS, when using DCStoF4. Any ideas how to solve this?
FCC3, Cougar MFD, Hispapanels-ICP, Pokeys56U, DIY-CPD, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2021, 12:34:06 PM »
good evening,
I'm also using a track-ir (version 5} with DCS and DCStoF4 and no worries.
What software do you use with DCS?

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2021, 03:32:10 AM »

You lose TIR in DCS without DCStoF4 as well :)
Happens quite often and the only way to solve it when it happens as you're in 3D is to open the option screen and go into controls and hit the button rescan devices
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline STRIKER

• Captain
    • 421st Virtual Fighter Squadron
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2021, 08:59:02 AM »
Keep up the great work SharkNoir and thank you so much for the DCStoF4 integration.  I just started implementing it in my pit and so far it's working wonderfully!  Having the option to fly BMS and DCS is amazing now.

Offline Doc

• Brig.General
    • My pit
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2021, 02:58:47 PM »
Rescan devices in DCS did work :thumbsup:

You lose TIR in DCS without DCStoF4 as well :)
Happens quite often and the only way to solve it when it happens as you're in 3D is to open the option screen and go into controls and hit the button rescan devices

Offline viper26

• Maj. General
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2021, 05:23:21 PM »
I've been living in a cave the last few months because I just read through this thread for the first time today and I'm supper excited to try this out!  Many thanks to smarter people out there with bigger brains than mine that make it possible for us with less knowledge to enjoy the love of sim flying.  Many thanks!!

Offline viper26

• Maj. General
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2021, 06:13:40 PM »
WOW!!! JUST WOW!!  I installed DCStoF4010B and it executed!!  This is a great.  Thank you SharkNoir for your time in executing a great application for the sim community. 

1. DED works great!
2. Falcon MFD Extractor worked great for my center console and Standby HSI.
3. Landing gear indication/status lights work fine.  I'm using F4ToPokeys for this.
4. Fuel Flow works great!

Issues I had:

1. RWR screen only displayed the rings and center "green" ticks correctly but no aircraft displayed when they should have.  I'm using MFD Extractor V06.3.0

2. I have two panels with switches and they are running off a Pokeys board configured for Falcon BMS.  Do I need to remap these for DCS?  Thank you again.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 06:36:06 PM by viper26 »

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2022, 05:43:51 AM »
2. I have two panels with switches and they are running off a Pokeys board configured for Falcon BMS.  Do I need to remap these for DCS?  Thank you again.
What I did is the other way around, to maintain backward compatibility with BMS, I reprogrammed DCS to use the same keystroke as my pit.
That way I don't have to reprogram my pit when I jump from one sim to another.
It's more work in the beginning but less hassle in the long run.

Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2022, 06:44:16 AM »
I already made a report to Sharknoir about the following but in case some of you users can reproduce these problems, please feel free to confirm

- This is tested with AIC, ghost DED

1. All gauges and lights are OFF in the beginning of the ramp start. The pit is basically dead. The pit comes to life only upon moving the AV PWR UFC switch to UFC, from that moment, all lights, needles and gimmicks comes to normal life.

2. The parking brake mag switch activates fine but it is not deactivated according to the engine RPM (yeah I know it's rather throttle position but that translates to RPM as well and it's easier to explain) Basically the mag switch coil engages but doesn't release.
if you use the DCS 3D pit switch, the parking brake releases as expected.
I suppose DCStoF4 doesn't get the info from the throttle RPM of DCS?

3. Master caution light doesn't work
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline Thunder

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2022, 01:44:10 AM »
Apologies in advance to @SharkNoir for minorly hijacking the thread, but I modified the horseshoe diagram of the cockpit layout to be specific to DCS and figured it might be useful for this crowd. The full-size PDF is currently pending approval in the downloads section. http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=247

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2022, 04:11:00 AM »
Thunder you miss the MIDS LVT on your avionic panel :)
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline Thunder

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2022, 09:42:47 AM »
Good catch! I'll see if any other eagle eyes catch anything else and I'll update it.

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2022, 05:44:39 PM »
Hello;

I updated to V10d

Added :
- DED MARK page
- DED SEAD page
- OBOGS light

Files in download

javo

« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2022, 03:25:31 PM »
Does this work with Deduino? I just want to have the DED on BMS and DCS, got already working on BMS.

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2022, 03:34:26 PM »
Hello, all softwares who can read BMS, will work with it

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2022, 03:52:17 PM »
Masterpiece of Software  :beer2:

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2022, 08:27:31 AM »
Hello;

I updated to V10e

Added :
- DED DEST page
- DED CRUS page
Fixe on
- DED VIP & VRP pages

Files in download

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2022, 01:41:03 PM »
Merci Oli :)
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2022, 12:50:37 PM »
For those who have real instruments or replicas of Pegasus or Sheppard, help us!
Vote for the DCS developers to provide the info we are missing (they are missing in DCS-BIOS too).

Validate the post from the link below. thank you.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/304324-request-data-lua-to-extract-ehsi-rwr/

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2022, 02:54:44 AM »
Hello;

I updated to V10f

Added :
- DED FIX page
- DED A-CAL page
Fixe on
- DED CRUS pages

Files in download

Offline questerymj

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2022, 08:08:05 AM »
Hello all, I didn't read all of the tread but I would like to ask a question after try DCStoF4:

I use with DCS and YAME64, DCStoF4 works well, but the display of YAME64 will be covered by DCS, I need to Alt-Tab change the focus to bring them to display.

Because I need some certain export from DCS itself so I need do combin DCS and YAME64 to display together. If there are anyway to do this? like force YAME64 to draw in front? Thanks in advanced!

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
Re: DCStoF4 (Standalone version)
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2023, 01:55:51 PM »
Updated the first post with :

« ATTENTION this is the standalone version here. DedCapture (Lan POE project) has a specific PlugIn version. »

Offline fjp

• 1st.LT
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2023, 02:06:36 PM »
Were can I find a link to download your program ? Thanks !

Offline jjbravo

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2023, 02:33:14 PM »
The link it on the first post on this thread.

Offline fjp

• 1st.LT
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2023, 08:16:29 AM »
Thanks ! The version on that link is 5.3 and it is up to 10+ now. Can you assist me ?

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2023, 10:04:40 AM »
there's really nothing special, download the latest stand alone version and test it.
just make sure you have BMS running (in the Ui) before launching DCStoF4, then launch DCS

Works mostly good for me. Few caveats which seems to be on my side
biggest one is that my pit only starts to react after I switch the UFC switch (AVN PWR) to ON at ramp. Before that nothing works.
But once past that it works great and saves a lot of DCS specific programming which is a real hassle when you developed your pit for BMS shared mem.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 11:18:41 AM by Red Dog »
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2023, 01:12:21 PM »
Update :

ATTENTION this is the standalone version here.
DCStoF4 Dll PlugIn is a specific version for all Pegasus’s hardware for DCS.

Offline Foxy

• Major
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2023, 05:27:10 PM »
Does this work under W7?

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2023, 05:49:53 PM »
Does DCS work under Windows 7?  :reading:

Offline Foxy

• Major
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2023, 07:26:57 PM »
Yes there is an older version available that works with W7.

Offline Fullnegi

• 1st.LT
  • Brand new newbie!
  • VP Awards Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2023, 10:46:42 AM »
Thanks a lot Shark !
  :beer2:
Working great on F4TS, VibrationMotorstoF4 (Giovanni, me & Diabolo Software) & MFDe.
I don't need to keep Falcon open, as when you open it, and then close it, Shared Memory is still there.

Is the link on the first post updated ?

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2023, 01:12:16 PM »
Yes

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2023, 01:32:51 PM »
great stuff, still use it everyday.
I'll have a few question to bother you in the coming days :)
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2023, 01:18:33 PM »
I know I may ask the arm ...

What about mag switches?
Obviousy these don't work with DCStoF4 because eventhough the shared memory is active, the state of say the JFS switch does not change in BMS when you activate the DCS mag switch.
Yet a Im using the same keystroke within DCS and BMS.
Is there any way to change the sharedmem state of a bit with a keystroke? (Since that usually comes from BMS after the relevant keystroke as well)?

I know I know.... But maybe there is a way ...
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2023, 03:13:17 AM »
Hello,
So on DCStoF4, I'm simulating the magnetics for :
- JFS "JetfuelStarter".
- Autopilot "AutopilotON".
- Parking brake 'ParkbrakeON".

I need to test for FLCS bit "FLCSbitRun".

So sure, it's not perfect because it's far from BMS extractions and DCS only focuses on VR.
For the moment, magnetics are simulated in relation to light and switch states.
But for me, it works even in external view.
You can keep your arm...

I'm on 1.20 of the script but 1.18 already worked.

Can anyone confirm this?

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2023, 05:17:45 AM »
...my pit only starts to react after I switch the UFC switch (AVN PWR) to ON at ramp. Before that nothing works.
But once past that it works great and saves a lot of DCS specific programming which is a real hassle when you developed your pit for BMS shared mem.

Update on that issue.
Thanks to Sharknoir's help this issue is finally identified.

The way my script.lua file was done, Simshaker was declared after DCStoF4.
Olivier corrected my script.lua and moved my Simshaker declaration below the F4toDCS declaration

Now F4toDCS works great immediately upon entering the pit and I don't have to wait till switching the UFC switch to ON for my pit to come alive in DCS.
Side effect is that SimShaker now doesn't work anymore in DCS.
but we're working on that

I think I had similar issues with Helios before with the order of the declarations of the script file.
Very touchy to make all these external software work alongside each other.

Thanks Sharknoir for your unlimited support with this
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline Deadhead

• 2nd. LT
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2023, 08:55:55 PM »
Exactly what I need.
I was struggling to find a way to use my arduino dcs bios based ded for both dcs and bms.
After finding out deduino and this piece of software existed I immediately switched over to deduino.

Thanks!

Offline questerymj

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2023, 02:43:25 AM »
I have a problem here, I try to use DCS to F4 with F4TS(F4 to serial) , I try to merge the scripts of both export.lua but looks like it didn't work, once I add

local xflight=require('lfs');dofile(xflight.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-XFLIGHT\Util-Dial.lua]])

into the export.lua of F4TS it stop work/communicate with DCS, I change the port from 8081 and 8082 didn't help, does there any way to slove this?

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2023, 04:34:29 AM »
Hello,
Why do you want to merge the 2 export scripts (F4TS & F4ToDCS) for DCS?

Have you tried setting up F4TS for F4 BMS?
Start F4BMS on the menu page.
Start F4TS.
Then start F4ToDCS and DCS.

I can't use F4TS because I don't have the hardware to run the application. It's stuck on the serial port settings.

Offline questerymj

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2023, 01:20:14 PM »
Thanks for reply Shark! I really appreciate your DCS to F4.

The story is I'd build a CPD for bms and I try to use Yame64 with DCS F-16. At the same time I use F4TS to build the warning light sets because it support lightbit matrix to maintain 64 light output for BMS and DCS at same time, it's very handy for me. I had tested and it works well for BMS and DCS both.

But F4TS and DCS to F4 and Helios all need to use export.lua to communicate, so I try to merge them together. So far my test result is:

Helios+F4tS=ok, lightbits export worked
Helios+DCS to F4=ok, I can use CPD from Yame64 with DCS F-16

But if I add the declare line of DCS to F4

local xflight=require('lfs');dofile(xflight.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-XFLIGHT\Util-Dial.lua]]))

into the export.lua, both of F4TS and DCS to F4 won't work. I don't know if the port conflicted (F4tS use 8080, DCS to F4 use 8081 and 82) or other problem and change the order didn't solve the problem. I'd attach the export.lua I use now (it's basiclly export.lua of F4Ts+declare line of DCS to F4 and Helios, F4TS didn't use dofile way), wish you can take a look if possible.

Thanks for your genius work!

Offline questerymj

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2023, 01:49:45 PM »
So far I'd successful to use yame64 with DCS F-16 :) The third TM MFD is installed for F/A-18 and F-15E

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2023, 06:45:41 AM »
Wow, that's quite an export file :)
I'm interested to know more about the why's and the how's ... As I need to reactivate my screen and which to switch back to Yame from Helios for DCS

Glad to see more ppl use this app, it's a real gem for us coming from BMS and flying DCS. or for us flying both.
It saves a lot of pain interfacing a cockpit for multiple sims

once again @SharkNoir : merci beaucoup :)
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline questerymj

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2023, 10:19:56 AM »
I would like to suggest to use Helios for DCS instead YAME or other screen porting software for BMS, there are already enough F-16 cockpit parts in Helios tool box. The unqiue instruments I still wish to export from YAME is CPD and ATD+, unfortunately ATD+ doesen't work with 4.37 so I make a fake one by Helios.XD

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2023, 11:57:01 AM »
yes, the reason I favour Yame is indeed the CPD :)
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline questerymj

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2023, 01:06:32 PM »
BTW I feel the fps of CPD via DCS to F4 is somewhat low(50% when playing BMS) , maybe because my PC is old... or other way to improve this? :)

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2024, 09:05:26 AM »
Hello,
New version of the software available on the share page.
Version 1.22 for scripts.
Version 1.0.1 for the executable.

Corrections :
  • Addition of some DED pages
  • Correction of the LASER page
  • Correction of CMDS for Chaffs and Flares
  • Addition of FLCS indicators A B C & D

Thanks to RedDog for the feedback.

Offline Rambowski

• Col.
  • I feel the need, the need for speed!
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2024, 10:51:48 AM »
Hi @SharkNoir,

I am trying to establish the connection between DCS and Martins DEDCapture. I just have received a manual installation version from Martin of the DEDCapture V3.02.05Beta, including manual installation of DCStoF4.

Inside the DCStoF4 V1.22 folder 2 files. What do I have exactly to do with those files? Where do I have to copy them? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Robert

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2024, 12:39:14 PM »
Hello, on this forum it's the DCStoF4 version that works without Martin's software.

The version for Martin with the explanation to install it is here :

https://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=12597.0

2/ copy the content ("Export.lua" and "DCS-XFLIGHT" subfolder) of the "DCStoF4\DCS" folder to : %YourUseraccount%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts for DCS Open Beta and %YourUseraccount%\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts for the stable version

If it doesn't work, please contact me.

Offline Rambowski

• Col.
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2024, 03:02:39 PM »
Hi @SharkNoir,

Thank you so much for your help.

I have installed those files as advised, however I did't overwrite my *.lua file as my current .lua contains DCS-BIOS and HFS (vibration pad) data.

I have copied the DCStoF4*.lua content into my own .lua file and it seems like my Martin's DED is working perfectly, however no info on RWR and LDG box. Furthermore my DCS-BIOS is also not working anymore. I have tried with only DCStoF4 data but still the same, only DED is working. So can I run simultaneously DCS-BIOS and DCStoF4?

It looks like something brakes my DCS-BIOS. This is currently my Export.lua file:

------------------------------------------------------------

dofile(lfs.writedir() .. [[Scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])

local HFSlfs=require('lfs');dofile(HFSlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/HFSExport.lua')
local xflight=require('lfs');dofile(xflight.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-XFLIGHT\Util-Dial.lua]])

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM »
Hello,
RWR does not currently work on DCS-BIOS or DCStoF4. DCS does not provide data for RWR or eHSI. They have gone to the single export of these 2 screens.
I'll have to test to see if DCS-BIOS is in conflict but in my last tests all worked.
Try placing the line for DCStoF4 before DCS-BIOS.
This week I won't have time.
Can anyone help?

Offline Jakkuh-15

• 1st.LT
  • F16, Venom
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: April 08, 2024, 06:41:34 PM »
Hello,
I have been wanting to build my F16 pit for quite a while now (slowed by work, poor health and indecisiveness), but I have wanted it to work with both DCS and BMS (New-ish to BMS but would like to use it primarily, but used to DCS for MP servers etc).

I’ve only just come across this thread and your software regarding being able to use both simulators with hardware panels (which is AWESOME). But I’m a little confused;

Does this software take BMS outputs (like LED states, DED readouts and such) and convert them to work with DCS BIOS? Or does it take DCS Outputs and convert it to panels that are programmed for BMS (Pokeys, F4TS, etc?).

My aim was to build a pit with a CPD (so YAME64?) but because of USB problems in my current cockpit I wanted to use the DCS-BIOS implementation of RS485 serial with MAX487 modules to connect all of the panels to my PC. I realise I can’t use DCS-BIOS with BMS, or would this software allow that?

BMS is worth it if I have to abandon RS485 and use USB connected Arduino’s, but I just wondered if I could in fact get away with RS485 and BMS using your software?

If not, I’m guessing the alternative is programme my arduinos for BMS first (F4TS?), then use this software to convert the DCS outputs to the BMS programming they are already programmed to?

My apologies if this is a silly question, and thank you for your help  :)
I7-12700K, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060TI, 1TB NVMe, 1TB NVMe (DCS & BMS).

Current cockpit; Generic DH Venom.

Offline questerymj

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2024, 03:42:00 AM »
I'm doing same thing like you. I'd make a CPD for BMS and wish to use it on DCS, the only way is use DCStF4 and I'd make part successful.

My way is

1.start BMS and let it stop in UI
2.start DCStoF4
3.start YAME64
4.Start DCS and make sure DCStoF4 is connect

This way DCStoF4 will copy the data from DCS and convert them to shared memories, so YAME64 can display flight data of DCS.

Welcome to ask more if these helps.:D

Offline Jakkuh-15

• 1st.LT
  • F16, Venom
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2024, 01:02:06 PM »
I'm happy someone else wants to have a hybrid DCS/BMS CPD  :biggrin:

Thank you for the tips! I tried them but I couldnt get it to work on with me. DCStF4 seems to work correctly and prints out all the data it is interposing. However, YAME64/The CPD just sits blank with the text "Waiting for BMS" and doesnt work.

For your YAME setup, what version are you using? I have both the "New(?)" v1.2.1, and also a 2.0.0.44 version. With BMS the only version i could get to work at all was the 2.0.0.44 version, the v1.2.1 i couldnt even get to look for BMS/launch the CPD window (the direct data input option was greyed out, with the only option being "get data from server"). Its likely something I've messed up, i could not completely follow your steps as YAME64 auto-launches BMS or it wont open the CPD for some reason.

My startup sequence was;

1. Start DCStoF4
2. Start YAME64 and (auto)launch BMS + CPD through YAME client.
3. Minimise BMS and Start DCS, load into mission. At this point the DCStoF4 window would begin printing, but CPD would still be inactive.

Do you have your YAME set to pull data direct from BMS or set to a local server at 127.0.0.1? If the server, what port do you use?

Also, does DCStoF4 convert values both ways? I have a DED & arduinos programmed to DCS-BIOS, would i have to reporgramme to BMS and then use DCStoF4 to interpose the values? How do you do it with your panels?

Thank you for all your help, I greatly appreciate it  :)

Offline Rambowski

• Col.
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2024, 03:19:46 PM »
Hello,
RWR does not currently work on DCS-BIOS or DCStoF4. DCS does not provide data for RWR or eHSI. They have gone to the single export of these 2 screens.
I'll have to test to see if DCS-BIOS is in conflict but in my last tests all worked.
Try placing the line for DCStoF4 before DCS-BIOS.
This week I won't have time.
Can anyone help?

I was just wondering if you were able to test the interaction between  DCS BIOS Skunkworks and DCStoF4?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 07:00:53 PM by Rambowski »

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2024, 04:07:35 PM »
For your YAME setup, what version are you using? I have both the "New(?)" v1.2.1, and also a 2.0.0.44 version. With BMS the only version i could get to work at all was the 2.0.0.44 version, the v1.2.1 i couldnt even get to look for BMS/launch the CPD window (the direct data input option was greyed out, with the only option being "get data from server"). Its likely something I've messed up, i could not completely follow your steps as YAME64 auto-launches BMS or it wont open the CPD for some reason.

My experience is that YAME is a bi*** to setup and start.
I did make it work at some point with both BMS and DCS and it was working thus fine in DCS through DCSto F4.
But since then something got changed and I was never able to make it work again.
Still looking for a way as well but today I am convinced that the hard part is to get YAME to work with BMS
Once that is done, most of it (not the moving map) will work with DCS

My startup sequence was;

1. Start DCStoF4
3. Minimise BMS and Start DCS, load into mission. At this point the DCStoF4 window would begin printing, but CPD would still be inactive.
As I said, if it doesn't work with BMS first, there's no point trying in DCS. Fix it in BMS first (something I wasn't able to)

Also, does DCStoF4 convert values both ways? I have a DED & arduinos programmed to DCS-BIOS, would i have to reporgramme to BMS and then use DCStoF4 to interpose the values? How do you do it with your panels?
I have Ghost DED and it works perfectly without any messing around, just start DCSto F4 and the DED is alive in DCS. No ideas about Arduino but if that works with BMS and DCStoF4 is running fine then it will work in DCS

Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline questerymj

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: April 10, 2024, 03:16:43 AM »
I'm happy someone else wants to have a hybrid DCS/BMS CPD  :biggrin:

Thank you for the tips! I tried them but I couldnt get it to work on with me. DCStF4 seems to work correctly and prints out all the data it is interposing. However, YAME64/The CPD just sits blank with the text "Waiting for BMS" and doesnt work.

My startup sequence was;

1. Start DCStoF4

Do you have your YAME set to pull data direct from BMS or set to a local server at 127.0.0.1? If the server, what port do you use?

Thank you for all your help, I greatly appreciate it  :)

The biigest problem is to make DCStF4 connect with DCS, you need to correctly add the lines to export.lua in savegame folder.like this:

-- DCStoF4
local xflight=require('lfs');dofile(xflight.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-XFLIGHT\Util-Dial.lua]])

If you mix this line with other plugin like helios or dcs-bios it's very possible to make one or more of them can't excute.
I think the first thing to do is get a clean export.lua and only paste the line dcstof4 need and test if connect successful. If it connect to DCS and dump data to shared memories, YAME will find it and run.

You can try keep YAME in standby mode, after DCS into flight then run YAME to check if it get the data. If display waiting BMS means the DCStoF4 didn't work correctly. This need a lot of try and error if you don't have other BMS hardware like DED to identify the shared memories works or not.

Offline Jakkuh-15

• 1st.LT
  • F16, Venom
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2024, 01:15:22 PM »
(My apologies i havent worked out how to use the quote feature yet).

I found the same with YAME, its a nightmare to setup, but I have got the CPD and the ATD working perfectly with BMS just for testing. Have been flying around in BMS for the last couple of days with it on my workstation and its been working great (I had to use version 2.0.0.44, version 1.2.1 did not work at all). I have my LCD turning up soon for my CPD so will test it out properly then.

As for DCS, still have had no luck with getting it to work with DCS/DCStoF4, however I will try what questerymj mentioned and get rid of all the other exports and just put in the DCStoF4 and see if that fixes it (thank you for suggesting that  :) ). I also have Tacview and DCS-BIOS so it might be an issue caused by one of them as suggested...

Overall, pretty happy with the CPD/ATD in BMS. Thank you both for your help! :) I will update as to whether I got DCS working
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 02:31:52 PM by Jakkuh-15 »

Offline questerymj

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2024, 09:12:47 AM »
(My apologies i havent worked out how to use the quote feature yet).

I found the same with YAME, its a nightmare to setup, but I have got the CPD and the ATD working perfectly with BMS just for testing. Have been flying around in BMS for the last couple of days with it on my workstation and its been working great (I had to use version 2.0.0.44, version 1.2.1 did not work at all). I have my LCD turning up soon for my CPD so will test it out properly then.

As for DCS, still have had no luck with getting it to work with DCS/DCStoF4, however I will try what questerymj mentioned and get rid of all the other exports and just put in the DCStoF4 and see if that fixes it (thank you for suggesting that  :) ). I also have Tacview and DCS-BIOS so it might be an issue caused by one of them as suggested...

Overall, pretty happy with the CPD/ATD in BMS. Thank you both for your help! :) I will update as to whether I got DCS working

I will suggest you try a clean export.lua when someday you want to test...it's 99% DCS-bios conlict with DCStoF4 because I still not disslove this issue.XD

And aobut YAME64/CPD,it's not so hard do configure if you know the basic idea (define a area for YAME and put instruments inside there). You can use arrow key to trim the instrument location like in Helios. I always keep YAME in my desktop because I love CPD and wish to use it someday withput any issue...I will share the experience when I successful XD

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2024, 04:03:36 AM »
Hello,
Here is my version of "export.lua".
If it helps.

-- Data export script for DCS, version 1.2.
-- Copyright (C) 2006-2014, Eagle Dynamics.
-- See http://www.lua.org for Lua script system info
-- We recommend to use the LuaSocket addon (http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/luasocket)
-- to use standard network protocols in Lua scripts.
-- LuaSocket 2.0 files (*.dll and *.lua) are supplied in the Scripts/LuaSocket folder
-- and in the installation folder of the DCS.

-- Expand the functionality of following functions for your external application needs.
-- Look into Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log for this script errors, please.

-- DCStoF4
-- WinWing
local wwtlfs=require('lfs');dofile(wwtlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua')
-- TacView
local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')
-- Helios
--dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\Helios\HeliosExport16.lua]])

dofile(lfs.writedir() .. [[Scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2024, 09:59:23 AM »
I've just tried it with version V0.10.0 and no problems.
The DCS-BIOS WEB page displays the DCS F-16 instrument values in real time. And DCStoF4 too.

The .lua export file looks like this:

-- We recommend to use the LuaSocket addon (http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/luasocket)
-- LuaSocket 2.0 files (*.dll and *.lua) are supplied in the Scripts/LuaSocket folder

-- Expand the functionality of following functions for your external application needs.

--dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\WitchcraftExport.lua]])

-- DCStoF4
-- WinWing
local wwtlfs=require('lfs');dofile(wwtlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua')
-- TacView
local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')
-- Helios

--dofile(lfs.writedir() .. [[Scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])
--[[DCS-BIOS Automatic Setup]]
BIOS = {}; BIOS.LuaScriptDir = [[C:\Program Files\DCS-BIOS\dcs-lua\]];
BIOS.PluginDir = [[C:\Users\Sharknoir\AppData\Roaming/DCS-BIOS/Plugins\]];
if lfs.attributes(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[BIOS.lua]]) ~= nil then dofile(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[BIOS.lua]]) end

Offline questerymj

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2024, 10:54:49 AM »
The DCS-BIOS WEB page displays the DCS F-16 instrument values in real time. And DCStoF4 too.

-- DCStoF4
-- WinWing
-- TacView
-- Helios

if lfs.attributes(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[BIOS.lua]]) ~= nil then dofile(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[BIOS.lua]]) end

Thanks for sharing the lua file! I will make a test when I have time!

Offline Jakkuh-15

• 1st.LT
  • F16, Venom
    • Awards
« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2024, 11:53:55 AM »
Thanks for sharing the lua file.

I did as suggested and cleared my lua file out and just had DCStoF4 export script in there. I ran the CPD as suggested below (worked out how to get YAME64 2.0.0.44 exporting seperate to BMS, so i can start BMS first then run export through YAME).

I'm doing same thing like you. I'd make a CPD for BMS and wish to use it on DCS, the only way is use DCStF4 and I'd make part successful.

My way is

1.start BMS and let it stop in UI
2.start DCStoF4
3.start YAME64
4.Start DCS and make sure DCStoF4 is connect

This way DCStoF4 will copy the data from DCS and convert them to shared memories, so YAME64 can display flight data of DCS.

Welcome to ask more if these helps.:D

Still have no luck with getting it to work with DCS, DCStoF4 prints output with correct values every time but CPD is just stuck saying "Waiting for Falcon". Falcon is running in the background. I wondered, do you have your YAME set to "Get Data From Falcon BMS" or set to "Get Data from Server", with 127.0.0.1 as address and ports 53000 & 53001 for flight data and textures respectively? I have mine set to the former (get data from BMS), but i wondered if it needs to be set to server instead? I have tried it from the server, but with the default ports the CPD is just stuck on "Waiting for Server".

I can confirm YAME/CPD works perfectly in BMS every time so far. No luck with DCS, so not sure whats going wrong. I dont have any BMS hardware though to test out to see if it is a YAME only issue or a config issue.

I think I've got the hang of the YAME display setup though, takes a minute to get your head around lol :stupid:

Offline questerymj

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2024, 06:08:39 AM »

-- DCStoF4
-- WinWing
-- TacView
-- Helios

I'd notived you had disable helios lines, do you ever run it together successully? (I mean run DCStF4、DCSbios、Helios at same time)

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2024, 09:27:52 AM »
I don't know about DCSBios, but I run Helios and DCStoF4 with no problem as long as DCStoF4 is above the helios declaration
I do also use simshaker, but that one is not working when DCStoF4 is declared above it. And if I declare simshaker first, then DCStoF4 doesn't work anymore

For now, my pit has no Simshaker anymore... choices and pitbuilding compromises unfortunately
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline questerymj

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2024, 02:45:41 AM »
I don't know about DCSBios, but I run Helios and DCStoF4 with no problem as long as DCStoF4 is above the helios declaration
I do also use simshaker, but that one is not working when DCStoF4 is declared above it. And if I declare simshaker first, then DCStoF4 doesn't work anymore

For now, my pit has no Simshaker anymore... choices and pitbuilding compromises unfortunately

Thank you Reddog! I guess Helios need to be last too. I ever successful get DCStoF4 and Helios run together. but I need either F4TS or DCSbios to run the lamps too. It's  pain in ass to endless test how to get all runs well you know...XD

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2024, 03:38:37 AM »
Well, do remember one thing, if your lights work with BMS without DCSbios, then these lights should work on their own with DCStoF4 without DCSbios with DCS

The same was true for my simshaker issue:

- Simshaker has 2 versions depending if you use DCS or BMS
I was using the DCS version that required a declaration in the DCS scrip file which as I said above, does not work
But basically, The simshaker BMS version works with DCS as well through DCStoF4 and that one does not required the script.
So you basically can avoid the declaration in the script file and have the simshaker work through BMS shared mem, like the rest of things

The trick is to have as few as possible declarations in that scrip file of BMS to avoid potential conflicts, pass everything through BMS sharedmem with DCStoF4 and it works much better.
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline Jakkuh-15

• 1st.LT
  • F16, Venom
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2024, 09:36:07 AM »
Well, do remember one thing, if your lights work with BMS without DCSbios, then these lights should work on their own with DCStoF4 without DCSbios with DCS

The same was true for my simshaker issue:

- Simshaker has 2 versions depending if you use DCS or BMS
I was using the DCS version that required a declaration in the DCS scrip file which as I said above, does not work
But basically, The simshaker BMS version works with DCS as well through DCStoF4 and that one does not required the script.
So you basically can avoid the declaration in the script file and have the simshaker work through BMS shared mem, like the rest of things

The trick is to have as few as possible declarations in that scrip file of BMS to avoid potential conflicts, pass everything through BMS sharedmem with DCStoF4 and it works much better.

So basically, setup everything (Arduino driving LED's, Simshaker, etc) for BMS Shared mem, then use DCStoF4 to convert it all back to DCS. Rather than having specific software (simshaker, DCS-BIOS, etc) for DCS, and specific for BMS, to avoid DCS' flaky declarations? Makes sense, things should be much simpler with DCStoF4.

Can you use arduinos other than a mega with F4TS? I understand you couldn't run several OLED's (DED/PFL/FFI) using an uno because of memory constraints, but for simple LED could I get away with Uno's? The documentation seems to say only Mega's can be used (be nice if I could use wired ESP32's as well, but thats another thing entirely)  8)

Offline questerymj

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM »
As far as I know FStS ask for mega2560 only to gain more memories for all codes it need. I don't date test thisXD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal