Hello from Canada by Rufus
[April 28, 2024, 04:56:21 PM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Customizing Default Point of View in BMS by Sneakpeek
[April 17, 2024, 11:53:20 PM]

Author Topic: Hello from Germany  (Read 2248 times)

PeterP

Hello from Germany
« on: September 28, 2015, 06:30:28 AM »
My name is Peter and fly for many years a Boeing 777 Cockpit Home.

I'm going to build another Sim, F16  for Falcon BMS.
I am 52 years old and I know the good with electronics and programming. Technically I am unfortunately less talented.

After I looked around a bit in the forum I am thrilled by the community here and hope to find good reception. I'm going to bother you with many questions. Promised. ;)

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
Re: Hello from Germany
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 06:47:37 AM »
welcome on board

Offline JCook

• General
  • Callsign: "Anger"
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 07:20:20 AM »
Welcome aboard Peter. You'll find a lot of information and help here at ViperPits.
Takeoffs are optional...landings are mandatory

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 08:39:09 PM »
I like your copilot...welcome to the right place for Viper builders... :thumbsup: !
- Rufus

Revientor

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 02:00:31 AM »
Wellcome from Spain

PeterP

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 02:57:58 AM »
"...I like your copilot..."

Bonnie is the captain! ;)

Thanks for the friendly welcome.  :vprules:

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • http://www.employees.org/~bwilliam
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 04:32:47 PM »
Peter,

Welcome to the group. I guess we are all a bit crazy here about this hobby. :wacko:

I think you will find that if you spend a lot of time reading through Pit Progress Reports as well as many of the other Construction/Electronics, etc threads you will find a wealth of information that will help you make decisions as to exactly how you want to build your personal Viperpit. 

When I started I spent days reading threads, :reading: capturing key links and information and organizing and storing that information on my PC to help me in every area of the build.  If you will do that first, I think you will be able to answer many of your questions. (Also, I found that the Search feature as well as Google was my best friend and helped me avoid asking the same questions that everyone has already discussed in the threads.)

Best of luck and welcome aboard.  Can't wait to see some pictures and posts from you on your progress.

Willy
Beau "Willy" Williamson

I better go find my monkey!

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 12:38:04 AM »
Welcome to the nuthouse PeterP

Super cool to have you aboard, and please surf around inhere and see all the good stuff  :thumbsup:

Offline MailMan

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • 20th VFW
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 07:51:50 AM »
Welcome Peter.  Ask away.  These guys know what they are dong.  I asked many dumb questions and got many smart answers  :)  Good luck, and with a little elbow grease, you will be flying in no time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal