There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by ChrispyBiscuit99
[Today at 06:49:56 AM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Author Topic: Leo Avitabile  (Read 2946 times)

Spooned

Leo Avitabile
« on: August 04, 2006, 12:12:13 PM »
Hello, thought id introduce myself.
My name is Leo started playing flight sims on the mega drive with MiG29 Fulcrum (and what a game it was too) then LoMAC when it was released currently play FC and have ordered F4AF.

If you dont mind i have a few questions,
Firstly: I plan to start a pit and was going for Beta innovations board for input and Phidgets for output, is this a good combo, I think it should work with F4AF will it? I think the Beta Innovations would be ok, but will falcon A work with AF?
Second: ive heard alot of negativity towards AF for pit builders yet F4 appernely only works on 95/98 is this true?
Finally: What are BMS, C cobra, Free Falcon OpenFalcon etc

Thanks alot

Spooned

Offline idekkers

• General
  • VP Awards Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Leo Avitabile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 12:45:36 PM »
Hey Spooned

well the questions you asked can fill a few pages, but i'll try to sum them up :

falcon A works with AF.
the betainnovation and phidgets are a good combo, but check out with Leo (betainnovation), he now has an output board also!

about AF being less pit builder friendly, that's correct BUT - AF supports most of the stuff that F4 does, the things you loose are the MFD outputs which are a bit complicated to do, but other then that iirc they are the same.

do mind that probably by the time you get to do the MFD outputs (if you build a complete pit) F5 or OF will probably be released :wink: .

about the falcon 4 patches :

the are a lot of articles, but the sum up is -

BMS2 is used by both SP and FF, you can choose either, cobra is an addon to FF only.
the "dance for FF is a bit easyer.

openfalcon - you'll probably never see (unfortunantly), so forget about it for now.

but if you can live without the MFD outputs for now - go for AF.
but do get F4 from outlets if they still have them or form ebay - it's a must have.

Ido

Offline Zandor

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Leo Avitabile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 03:30:37 PM »
welcome aboard Leo,
 Once ya start you'll be a pit-o-hollic like the rest of us!  there are several other interfaces around but Beta Innovations seems to be where its at as far as cost and functionality Plus Leo over there seems to be a really nice fella to work with.  I just ordered the GamaRay V2 and he's already set me up with a LO & PW to read up on the systems.  The new thing hs has out is called I believe, Electron Flux (capacitor JK ) but it's holding a LOT of promise although it's quite pricy.  I'll probably be using it cause of the ease of use....when I get the money saved up :lol:

take it easy!

Z

Spooned

Leo Avitabile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 09:51:37 AM »
Thanks for the kind replys, ill probably go for the Beta Innovations & phidgets because although the Electronflux costs less, should get more I/O's with this combo. Now to start planning :P

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Leo Avitabile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 05:08:42 PM »
Hmmmmm un'altro italiano ??? Non ci posso credere !!!!

Guys ... seems another Italian joyned the Forum .... that's unbeliveable ! ..... Would this be the Year in wich also ITALY gives attention to Flight Sims ???

Ciao

Davide
Strale (Skype: Strale_64)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal