* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 18
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by ChrispyBiscuit99
[April 30, 2024, 06:49:56 AM]

Author Topic: Hello from Renton, WA!!!!!  (Read 11133 times)

northwesthornet

Hello from Renton, WA!!!!!
« on: February 05, 2012, 03:32:23 AM »
Hey there Viperpit.org. My name is Trey and I live in Renton, WA. It's close to Seattle for those who are not familiar with the area. A little background of myself. I was in the Navy for 14 years. 6 was as a F/A-18C AO the other 8 was as a Master at Arms. I have always been on the move and had a great idea that I wanted to build my own replica cockpit for computer flight sim. I am truly impressed with the quality of work everyone puts into thier pits. I am currently living in an apartment with my wife and son so I have no room to start building my own. As soon as we buy our house and I have my man cave I would like to start building. When I do start I am going to be on here alot for refrences and tips. As I would like this to be my new project. So if there is anyone in the Pacific Northwest area, I would like to meet you sometime and discuss the best way to tackle this project when I start.

Thank you.

Trey aka Northwesthornet

JJ

Re: Hello from Renton, WA!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 05:45:11 PM »
Hiya,

welcome at VP, are you going to built a F18 sim or F16 ? Most of us built a F16, when you manage to built an exact replica of the F18 i'm sure we all are very interested in your progress.
Post many pics, we all like that  :vprules:

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 06:08:59 PM »
Hi and welcome, please post pics when you get going.
Nigel

Offline Sandman

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 04:55:56 AM »
Hi Trey-

Welcome to the forum.  There are several VP members in the Pacific Northwest...

Bluumax (Kirkland, WA)
F18simbuilder (Oregon)
General56th (Seattle, WA) not active recently
lightning (Portland, OR)
Raptor007 (Seattle, WA) not active recently
Raysot (Seattle, WA)
runfaster (Olympia, WA)
Sandman (Seattle, WA)

You are welcome to send me a PM (personal message) if you would like to meet sometime.

Viperpit forum members are located all over the world.  Our members are usually eager to offer help and encouragement, regardless of how far apart we may be.

Mark (aka "Sandman")
Seattle, WA     

Woogey

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 03:26:20 PM »
Hello Trey,
Nice to meet you.  I am in Kent, but I work in Renton at the Boeing plant.  I too am just getting started building.  I am torn as to whether or not to build an F-18 or a 16.  I already built a Naces seat from scratch out of wood. (not quite complete yet)  Although I would love to complete a F-18, there are just SO many resources for the Viper!  Both aircraft are beautiful.  I am a little more into naval operations.  Now that the Hornet for DCS has been anounced, I think I am leaning that way.  Let me know if this is your route as well.  I have three Suncom F-15E Talon Joysticks that I was going to convert to USB for the F-18, as they are almost Identical.  If you want one let me know.  I work second shift, so I am available in the mornings, and after midnight.  I am sure you have stumbled onto "The Simulator Store," if not check them out.  (Lots of stuff, for lots of money!) He is however fairly close, just down the way in Oregon.  -Preston "Woogey" Martin

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal