Hello from Canada by Rufus
[April 28, 2024, 04:56:21 PM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Customizing Default Point of View in BMS by Sneakpeek
[April 17, 2024, 11:53:20 PM]

Author Topic: Lakewood,Colorado in the house!  (Read 12381 times)

Warchild

Lakewood,Colorado in the house!
« on: January 10, 2011, 10:02:56 PM »
Hey. I'm David. No stranger to this site. Been lurking around for quite a while. First some background. I'm 55yrs old, married to a great woman, have 6 girls, one boy, 5 grands and 4 dogs.
I can hear the laughter now. "Man...you don't have the time or the money for this project."
We are empty nestters with one boomerang.
 I am an electrician of 30 years and a home theater A\V tech. I like woodworking and remodeling the house. Also I have a 9.2 surround home theater. 5 front drivers, 2 side, 2 rear and 7 subs. All in wall. I have a 10' screen and it is hard to go to a movie theater that has a bad audio setup. I still have some odds and ends to finish, but it will be great to finish. Maybe I'll post pictures one day.

Now to brass tacks. I built a sort of F-16 pit back in '89 I think. My wife said,"It's cute."
Then in '02 I got a Thrustmaster setup and I got the bug. I can't find the pics of those but I have to say after the many years seeing all of you guys and your setups, I'm a little intimidated.
Well I'm thinking this will be different this time. I want to build what is basically, the F-16 viper on the inside, with a different shell on the outside. Not a full mock up, but the cockpit and nose. I have an unused 3 car garage that is going to be my Mancave. My theme will be some kind of sci-fi military rec room, with TVs, pool table, gaming station and...wait for it...a fighter bay. I know, right. Sounds crazy, but this is the nuthouse, or so I've heard.

Well that's all I could type with two fingers. Looking forward to picking everyone's brain. I guess luckiest is the one I have to talk to about kits, is that right?

This is gonna be a long ride.

Warchild

lumper

Re: Lakewood,Colorado in the house!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 12:17:46 AM »
No, Luckiest is out of it now.  You will need to pm Killn's for his plans, but since you want a different shell not sure if that is where youneed to start.  You might look at Martin's site and the pit builds for ideas.  And welcome to the crazy place.

Lumper

101-douxx

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 11:41:12 AM »
You've come to the right place!!!

We love nuts around here! ;)
Great Home theater system... But I would have called it 9.7 surround Home theater system. :wacko:

I personally own a 9.2 BlueRay home theater with 5 front Paradigm speakers, 2 side, 2 back and 2 subs (a front and rear) all those on a 52" LCD Toshiba HDTV hooked on a 7.1 Onkio sound system. Pure sound and image quality.
I believe you when you talked not going to the movie theater... I'm not going either. :D

Good luck on your built and keep lurking everywhere here, you're at the right "nut's" place.

Welcome.

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 09:31:56 PM »
Great on the sound system, I'm really envious of the 3 car garage!

Warchild

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 07:44:28 PM »
Here are two pics from my home theater. The theater front and the av rack is down the hall. this is the third rack revision and I the there will be one more to upgrade for 3D.

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 10:24:13 PM »
Very nice setup!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal