DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by Jakkuh-15
[April 17, 2024, 09:36:07 AM]

Hello from the UK! by ChrispyBiscuit99
[April 09, 2024, 01:19:26 PM]

Hi! From Turkiye by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:23 PM]

Hello from Greece by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:06 PM]

Author Topic: Who's the new cat on the block...  (Read 6837 times)

Panther

Who's the new cat on the block...
« on: June 29, 2008, 01:06:07 PM »
It is time to introduce myself, as I am sure some are wondering who I am when I request information or want to buy something.  I have been a long time lurker here and I finally registered in December.  I am slowing putting together plans on building a viper pit, getting pieces here and there.  Right now I only have an un-assemblied ACES II kit, and few other goodies.

Here is a shot of my current setup, which is a generic setup:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/ICE2424/Cockpit/DSC04195e.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/ICE2424/Cockpit/DSC04204e.jpg

My plans are to get me a lot closer to the real thing.  Which of course I have spent some time in.  :yihaw:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/ICE2424/Military/IPslot1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/ICE2424/Military/letsroll1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/ICE2424/Military/Gettinghyped.jpg

I am Enlisted in the United States Air Force and I'm currently stationed at Nellis AFB, Nevada.  I am a Fuel System Repair Craftsman on the A-10, F-15, F-16, F-22 and the HH-60 and I will soon be adding the MQ-1 Predator and MQ-9 Reaper to my list of aircraft.  Previous assignments were Luke AFB, Arizona and Kunsan AB, South Korea.

My virtual hobbies consist of Falcon 4 AF, OF and LockOn.  I was just recently selected as #11 on The Virtual Thunderbirds.  Other hobbies are playing Paintball (speedball), shooting firearms, camping and just being lazy :DOH:

Now it is time to let the fun begin.

Oh before I forget
 :vprules:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 01:10:16 PM by Panther »

Offline AiRdAncE

• Kim - was lost but then found ;)
  • Global Moderator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • My Foundry for cast metal replica items
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Re: Who's the new cat on the block...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 01:52:05 PM »
Excellent setup you got there ! And you're soo lucky to have actually been flying that amazing bird :D

Too few girls on here; the ones that once were, are no longer so I'm glad to see some new blood. Keep us posted on every kind of progress ;) And keep the pictures coming - you are in a fortunate position at Nellis AFB :)
Life is what you make of it.

---------------------------------
Cast aluminum and brass replica cockpit items
www.castcrafter.com

Offline Squid

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Presentation Thread
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 02:56:19 PM »
Welcome to the pit !
As you are in the USAF, maybe you can cut down a cockpit for your house, I m pretty sure nobody will notice  :whistle:

Wish you luck in your project

Skid
Still in search of something to say ...

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 03:49:26 PM »
Hi Panther, nice Bio. I suppose your pit will be built so it's ultr-portable for moves? Thanks for your service and congrats on being #11 :thumbsup:

Offline Killratio

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 09:26:40 PM »
Welcome, good to be able to show my wife that it isn't just guys who are crazy about this stuff....good luck with the pit.

101-douxx

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 11:18:47 PM »
Well Stephanie,
Welcome in this "boyz" craziness! :cheerleader:

Nice to see another girl in this hobby and congrats on being on this incredible thunderbirds team.

Take care,
Stephane.

Panther

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 11:39:22 PM »
I thought I would share this short video from my last flight.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/ICE2424/Military/MOV02142.jpg

Jarrod66

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 12:33:33 AM »
THAT VIDEO IS SWEET!!!!

I am quite jeaulous...

Welcome aboard....great to have you Stephanie!!

Offline Valcor

• -=VP Donor=-
  • Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 12:50:31 AM »
Hello Panther

Welcome to the group. Nice hardware setup! I really enjoyed your images and video. It looks like you have had more than one incentive ride. Earning that privilege in the Air Force is hard to do. Good luck with your pit project.

Valcor

Offline Muddog

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 10:39:26 AM »
Welcome Panther,
             I too am building a pit(low budget)It seemed to be a quick project at first and I keep adding things to the list.......Keep a couple years on the side for time :lol:
I am jealous you get to touch these birds everyday :'(
Mud :beer2:

Offline Valcor

• -=VP Donor=-
  • Maj. General
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 11:02:32 AM »
Hello Panther

I noticed that you said that you are a Fuel System Repair Craftsman for F-16s. One of my many jobs at Lockheed was sealing and testing the F1 fuel tank for single and two seat F-16s. I can't tell you how many time I cracked my head entering a two seat F1 fuel tank. And, I always seemed to hit my head on the spot with the least amount of hair...less padding. I whacked my head one time so hard I actually saw stars. Haha! By the way FYI, the stars don't circle around your head like in the cartoons...they just appear everywhere.

The F1 tank on a single seat was much larger and had enough room to stretch out and get comfortable. It was about the size of a large dog house. After the tank was sealed I ran a 2-3 pound air pressure test to confirm that there were no leaks. The bladders were installed later by people that were even smaller than me.

The bulkhead that separated the fuel cell from the cabin area was very thin and contained many seams and rivets that had to be sealed. I was always terrified of the idea that a single leak into the oxygen rich cabin area during flight could spell disaster with a single spark.

Did you ever work on or know of a F1 fuel tank leak where fuel or fumes leaked into the cabin area?

Thanks
Valcor

Panther

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 01:38:41 PM »
Did you ever work on or know of a F1 fuel tank leak where fuel or fumes leaked into the cabin area?

I have had many leak :brickwall: but none were mentioned with fuel fumes in the cockpit.

Gunner

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 02:09:58 PM »
Hey Panther!
Shows how much I've been checking in here lately - just saw your post. You already know it's a great bunch over here, you'll get all the help you need. Let's see now, we have you, STRIKER, Whack and myself participating over here...I'd say the team is becoming pretty well represented! ;)

Panther

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 02:13:48 PM »
I can see it, in a few years v1-12 having a fully functional cockpit, lol.

Offline TOR

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 02:37:12 PM »
Hi "Panther"

Welcome love... you?re gonna have a ball in here - we hope  ;)

Trying to find words congratulating you with the TB-thing.....  :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Your current "pit" looks like it does the job. Very impressive I?d say!

Haven?t used the word for years - so corrections are fine..... but you have got to be the Tomboy of 2008  ;D

Now... we just wanna see some carpentry-skills - and a lot of pictures  :bounce2:

... and Steph..... there has got to be a longer version of that video. Unless there?s footage you?d rather not show us... as in vomit-bag  :whistle:

Cheers,

GUN

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal