* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 36
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by Sandman
[May 04, 2024, 07:54:13 PM]

Author Topic: Kia Ora!  (Read 1072 times)

Tazz

Kia Ora!
« on: May 22, 2017, 10:46:16 PM »
....or... Hello from Middle Earth. Or rather, the Middle of Middle Earth, at least that's what it says outside our airport here in Wellington, New Zealand.

After about 10 years of ground duty, I'm coming back to Falcon 4.0 BMS 4.33. I used to fly with the 87th VFW, which was a hoot, but there's a mighty long journey ahead of me before I am back in the saddle again. However, it's been so long that all my analogue gear is pretty much defunct... e.g. my SWF22 FLCS and TQS, my Master Pilots, etc.

With a Cougar and Warthog not on the financial menu (kids, mortgage, etc.), I have picked up a spare FLCS+TQS set and my first project will be to convert that into a digital stick. The primary idea is to go full Hempstick (SAM4S-XPRO based) and once that is working, add Hall sensors etc. Then the MFDs and ICP are next, with my scope limited at the moment at building a desktop pit first.  (Or I may just toss in a 23" touch screen and go the Helios route though I have this strange preference of actually wanting to press buttons :) )

For the moment, I'm slowly building up my flying time with my SWF22 HOTAS under XP and BMS 4.33.2 (as XP support was dropped from 4.33.3) and it's just great to get back in the virtual skies again. Even though I'm fumbling around like a blind mind a strip club.

In terms of F-16 association - while sadly our own RNZAF F-16 deal down here went bust (Damn you Helen Clark and your Labour weenies) , I've been fortunate enough to be up close and personal with USAF Vipers. Though in sheer aircraft preference, the F-4 will probably remain my all time fav.

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Re: Kia Ora!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 11:29:14 PM »
Welcome aboard Tazz!

Offline hy-fye1

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 02:51:20 AM »
Hi,

welcome.

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 03:58:58 AM »
Hey Tazz!
Very Welcome to VP, this is the place you want to be if you are planning on building a Viper Pit  :thumbsup:

Surf around and see all the great info here, and just ask if there is anything you cant find answers on.

Welcome mate  :vprules: :thumbsup:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal