Customizing Default Point of View in BMS by Tulkas
[April 13, 2024, 03:44:53 PM]

Hello from the UK! by ChrispyBiscuit99
[April 09, 2024, 01:19:26 PM]

Hi! From Turkiye by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:23 PM]

Hello from Greece by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:06 PM]

Author Topic: Hi South Wales UK  (Read 2607 times)

TREDSTEVE

Hi South Wales UK
« on: January 19, 2021, 06:20:16 AM »
Hi all

I have always had a love for jets, I have spent many hours on the Mach Loop .

literally I'm just starting. I cant believe the standard of the work you people have put in, I just hope i can do it justice.

I'm in the middle of creating the centre pedestal, could someone point me in the right direction for the correct measurement's .

once I get the console half decent I will post some pictures  :thumbsup: 

just added a few photos i have taken at the loop hope you like 

anyway thanks for having me and stay safe you lot

Steve
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 08:54:00 AM by TREDSTEVE »

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • Callsign: Vino
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Re: Hi South Wales UK
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 09:50:48 AM »
Great pictures!

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 10:34:47 AM »
Yep, awesome pictures!

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 11:04:12 AM »
Welcome to the nut place Tredsteve,

The centre pedestal dimensions are really depending on what you want to feature in there.
For instance if you want to embed a 10.4 screen to emulate some instruments you have to enlarge the real dimensions a bit (in width)
if you want to go CPD, you may stick to real dimensions and you'll soon realise why that CPD casing is wider :)
If you want to stick to real instrument (complicated and expensive) or some of Martin's instruments AOA, EHSI, ..., you may stick to real dims.
Are you compromising real look for less building hassle? One of the main issue of the centre pedestal is the angle between the ADI and HSI. that angles prevents you to use a single screen to implement all centre pedestal instruments => 2 screens min = more hassle
You can either decide to compromise the real shape and suppress that angle but then it's not looking like a F-16 again
or you can go CPD to overcome the issue...

That's why a lot of careful planning is required before starting to build IMHO

Whatever you decide, you're in the right place to get help, advice and support :)
Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 02:36:00 PM »
Nicer place to stand than over our own Star Wars Canyon!  Welcome aboard... :thumbsup: !
- Rufus

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 02:09:17 PM »
Welcome aboard @TREDSTEVE ! Nice pics there. You live at a nice area, I just love the countryside in S. Wales.

Offline Fhyndoh

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2021, 02:34:34 PM »
hello, i'm in the north west of england.

i can speak highly of Symulate's plans, which are available from him via the forums.

M
Gentlemen, it is time, don your cider visors and follow me!"

Cougar FCC#19 (01533), Homemade ICP, 2 masterpilots, CH pro pedals...empty wallet, BIG smile

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 05:08:16 AM »
Welcome to VP TREDSTEVE, nice to have you aboard.

Looking forward to see your plans and build.

Welcome mate  :thumbsup:

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2021, 11:32:50 AM »
YAGFE - Yet Another Guy From Europe   ;D   :thumbsup:
Welcome !!   Looking forward to see pictures (we like that  :D)
 :vprules:

Offline Sandman

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2021, 06:44:22 PM »
Welcome TREDSTEVE

When it comes to starting, you will need to decide how much you want to spend, how much time you have, and your goals ("simply flying" vs "extreme realism").

There are plenty of examples of simple pits (even portable "break-down" pits) that are more simple, intended to get you flying quickly.

There are also examples of modifying real F-16 components or careful DIY modeling to create the most realistic F-16 cockpit possible. These often take many years to build (and sometimes never seem to be "finished")

AND, there is everything in between.  We are here to assist you along your journey.  Welcome to the madness.

TREDSTEVE

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2021, 07:20:22 AM »
Thanks all for making me welcome.

I don't think I could ever afford to built a completely authentic cockpit  :lol:, I would love to. Mine is going to be a bit of make do, I will  try to get it as close as possible in my budget.

thanks all and stay safe fellas and ladies if there is any  :yihaw:

I got millions of Questions  The flight sim I'm using is DCS, I will post what I have done so far later
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 12:52:36 PM by TREDSTEVE »

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2021, 03:11:47 PM »
That's what we all said...at first...I think I sense the beginnings of a wonderful relationship... :whistle: .
- Rufus

TREDSTEVE

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2021, 03:57:31 AM »
That's what we all said...at first...I think I sense the beginnings of a wonderful relationship... :whistle: .

thanks mate

Offline Foghorn

• Col.
  • Old F-16 Guy
  • VP Awards Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2021, 12:13:09 PM »
Hiya!  Welcome to the asylum.
FOGHORN

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal