Hello from Canada by tiger-31
[Today at 03:39:31 AM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Customizing Default Point of View in BMS by Sneakpeek
[April 17, 2024, 11:53:20 PM]

Author Topic: SERVER DOWNTIME for VP 11. March  (Read 3434 times)

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
SERVER DOWNTIME for VP 11. March
« on: March 09, 2022, 07:25:05 PM »
Look here gents, just so you dont panic  :harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :beer:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Offline viper26

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
Re: SERVER DOWNTIME for VP 11. March
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 11:29:48 PM »
Too funny!  Thanks for the notification..... I probably would have been panicking.

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 01:13:08 PM »
Hello Gents!

After the Server/host upgrade we ran into some problems with us unable to post.

I updated all the SMF packages so we are now up to date with those + the PHP went from ver. 5.2.xx to 7.4 stable but still the problems was showing up.
I then did a lot of reasearch and found that there was 2 tables in the DB there needed to be set to NULL and now it seems to work.

I hope all other stuff works like it use to, but please chk.

Kukki
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 01:23:12 PM by Kukki »

Offline viper26

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 03:19:20 PM »
Test

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 03:21:34 PM »
All OK , I guess   ;D

I tried twice at different moments during the day to post a response, but got an error.
Just now, it all went as it should  :clap:

Thanks @Kukki  :beer:

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2022, 03:40:17 PM »
...I guess I missed it... :reading: .
- Rufus

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2022, 08:24:55 AM »
I've noticed after the downtime, something that might be a bug? I wanted to browse through past pages of my build thread, and noticed many of the pages reported a database error. E.g. if i pass page 2 and want to see page 3, error report. Same for many of the rest pages, and also if i click on the "All" button.
Attached is a screenshot of the message:

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2022, 08:38:44 AM »
I've noticed after the downtime, something that might be a bug? I wanted to browse through past pages of my build thread, and noticed many of the pages reported a database error. E.g. if i pass page 2 and want to see page 3, error report. Same for many of the rest pages, and also if i click on the "All" button.
Attached is a screenshot of the message:

Try now, needed to set thge awards to NULL too,  might not be the right way to do it, but it seems to work (we might loose some awards options here, dont know)

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2022, 08:50:03 AM »
@Kukki : Yup, seems to be working now, thanks!  :thumbsup:

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2022, 11:26:32 AM »
OK gents, I might have fixed the HTTP to HTTPS now.

it was a paain in the ass every time we got en email from VP and the link url was only in http and not in https.

It might work now, I have made a new SSL key for VP, so i hope it will work now, else I most look into other .htaccess   code.

please chk. if the info email from VP comes into your inbox now with https links.

Kukki
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 03:31:49 PM by Kukki »

Offline Quincy

• Col.
  • Live Free or Die
    • GD ViperWorks
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2022, 12:51:30 PM »
Test

Offline Quincy

• Col.
  • Live Free or Die
    • GD ViperWorks
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2022, 12:53:24 PM »
While my test to post worked here, I cannot post to the new user introductions, or make my own post. It continues to show "database error".

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2022, 12:55:46 PM »
While my test to post worked here, I cannot post to the new user introductions, or make my own post. It continues to show "database error".

I need a screenshot of what error you get

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2022, 01:13:23 PM »
Yes I get the same "spam" error, but dont know what is going on here, @Auke104   can you help

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2022, 10:47:33 AM »
Hello Gents!
Auke104 took also a look at the VP database and solved some problems too, so now from what I have tested it should work now.

Please test/post in different threads to chk. and if no errors then just delete the test post again if you want.

I really hope this will work.

Offline malpaso

• Col.
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2022, 03:10:59 PM »
Thanks, @Kukki!!!
Flying is the second greatest emotion that man knows......Landing is the first!

Offline Auke104

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2022, 02:46:54 AM »
There was also a problem when trying go through registration. I just fixed that issue.

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2022, 03:13:55 AM »
There was also a problem when trying go through registration. I just fixed that issue.

Perfect Auke  :beer2: :thumbsup:

Offline Sandman

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
VP FORUM ERRORS Update
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2022, 10:58:35 AM »
YOU are the man AUKE!

We really appreciate all the work you have been doing to fix errors that developed with the recent upgrades.

:beer2:

:clap: :yihaw: :hail:

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2022, 02:01:00 PM »
Check, one two....testing one two...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal