Mag switches with DCS by questerymj
[May 11, 2024, 08:11:05 AM]

USAeroSim DCS F16c CDU Software by snakedoc
[May 10, 2024, 09:10:22 AM]

I am a newbie who took off from Japan sir by questerymj
[May 09, 2024, 09:12:07 AM]

Hello from Canada by RonD
[May 05, 2024, 04:00:22 PM]

Author Topic: Virtual Crew Chief with BMS Demo  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
Virtual Crew Chief with BMS Demo
« on: September 02, 2023, 08:33:23 AM »
Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone of you have seen Bogey Dope's Virtual Crew Chief for DCS, but here is a demo of it modified for BMS.  Bogey Dope did a fantastic job with the voices etc, however I did some changes so it works with BMS timings better and added key strokes so it automatically removes the EPU pin and chalks etc.

If you guys like Ramp starts (which I would think everyone here does) then you are going to want to start using this.  ;)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jnSOZcWPfr" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jnSOZcWPfr</a>

https://youtu.be/ZuNruyT1sJk?si=6jnSOZcWPfr_gIWv
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • Callsign: Vino
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Re: Virtual Crew Chief with BMS Demo
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2023, 12:35:07 PM »
Awesome work! And great job by Bogey Dope as well.

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2023, 09:39:28 AM »
"Hey chief" ... I love it  :clap:

Offline mihi4

• General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • https://f16simulator.net
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2023, 02:02:41 AM »
Fantastic, Jody!

I've seen Bogey Dope's video and was thinking "That would be nice for BMS, too" :-D
Michi "MiHi" Hirczy
https://f16simulator.net

Offline Atlas

• General
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2023, 08:44:47 AM »
Years ago, when Elite was new and Voice Attack was also new, there were a few YT content creators and modders that showed them talking to "Jarvis" in Elite Dangerous.  While impressive, it obviously did not work if the pilot himself did not follow the script so that Jarvis could "respond" correctly.  In other words, after the 2 or 3 times it was used, it got old really quick.  Is this like that?

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2023, 09:34:26 AM »
Years ago, when Elite was new and Voice Attack was also new, there were a few YT content creators and modders that showed them talking to "Jarvis" in Elite Dangerous.  While impressive, it obviously did not work if the pilot himself did not follow the script so that Jarvis could "respond" correctly.  In other words, after the 2 or 3 times it was used, it got old really quick.  Is this like that?

Well not really.   I guess I would ask you if ramp starts get old?  I enjoy doing ramp starts and do them EVERY flight and this is just part of the process.  And the crew chief generally says the same thing in real life.  This does a good job of having a few different ways to say standby for example so it feels a little more random.  But I have used it about 20 times so far it is just part of the Ramp start now and never gets boring to me.

I’ve already made a few changes to make it better and I have a plug-in for it so now it reacts off the shared memory from BMS rather than timing scripts so it is getting better all the time.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2023, 02:40:57 PM »
 :thumbsup:

Definitely want this in my pit (when I am ready for it  :whistle:)

Offline jethomasjr

• Col.
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2024, 10:00:00 PM »
This is pretty cool. As a former F-16 Crew Chief, to me it adds realism to the game. You always need a Crew Chief to pull pins and chocks.  :Thumbs Up:

Offline viper26

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2024, 11:17:57 PM »
Really cool.  My past life was an F-16 Crew Chief before I flew the B-52.  I also taught F-16 Crew Chiefs launch and recover procedures.  I can tell you this is awesome and as accurate as you can get in a game to the real thing.  Great work by these guys.   

Offline Atlas

• General
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2024, 03:13:05 PM »
Well not really.   I guess I would ask you if ramp starts get old?  I enjoy doing ramp starts and do them EVERY flight and this is just part of the process.  And the crew chief generally says the same thing in real life.  This does a good job of having a few different ways to say standby for example so it feels a little more random.  But I have used it about 20 times so far it is just part of the Ramp start now and never gets boring to me.

I’ve already made a few changes to make it better and I have a plug-in for it so now it reacts off the shared memory from BMS rather than timing scripts so it is getting better all the time.

Sorry I missed this reply.  I wasn't referring to ramp starts.  The videos would usually have the player having a "conversation" with the "Jarvis" but downloading their profile, it was just some canned responses so the script got old after a while.  I do use Semler's Voice Attack profile for BMS so that's a different case entirely.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal