* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 40
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: HUD Only - Slew View  (Read 1323 times)

Snake323CO

HUD Only - Slew View
« on: August 26, 2014, 05:21:09 PM »
I'm sure this has been talked about, but please allow me to broach the subject again, since I'm new to BMS.
IS there a way to select HUD only (i.e. 1 or 5), and be able to slew your view using the 'coolie' hat?  I realize you can accomplish 'slewing', by using TrackIR, however, that is not an option for this particular situation.
Thanks for all the help!!
-Snake

Offline MrWell

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
Re: HUD Only - Slew View
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 05:28:12 PM »
Hi,
I don't remember the default key, but there is one that allows you to have an empty cockpit with only HUD. It is like a black bathtube you are flighing in without HUD frame of glareshield. This was done to avoid 'god like' vision that will allow to look like the floor of your pit were transparent, that is completely unrealistic. And this is very useful for pit builders ;)
You better look in Benchmarksims.org and search for 'empty cockpit'.

Have fun!

Snake323CO

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 05:55:16 PM »
Thanks MrWell for the info.  However, I need to be able to press '5', and still have slew with the 'coolie' hat.
Is there a config option or something, that allows this?
Thanks again!!!
-Snake

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 06:59:47 PM »
Try the Benchmark forum.

Snake323CO

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 07:12:56 PM »
Thanks Nigel...on my way!

Offline ZoomOut

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • Col.
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 10:04:00 AM »
Hi Snake

Try SHF-CTL-e
I think that is the general key combi. Otherwise look for "empty cockpit shell" as mrwell suggests. It'll give the "bathtub-view" when using 3D cockpit view (3).

Best regards
ZoomOut;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal