* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 28
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by Sandman
[May 04, 2024, 07:54:13 PM]

Author Topic: Howdy!  (Read 13183 times)

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Howdy!
« on: March 25, 2012, 02:16:54 PM »
Hello there fellas! New to this stuff, it took me a while to realize that this is the ultimate place to hang out for F-16 cockpit-building.  :bounce2:
I intend to build a two-seater F-16D rig, but i already know this will be a long trip.. ::)
For the time being i have already started collecting small stuff, but hopefully it'll start shaping up some day. Nice to be here!

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
Re: Howdy!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 12:50:54 AM »
Good luck on the two seater. You have a looong way to go. Welcome, and have fun.

Oh, and make sure you read...... a lot. there is a ton of information in here.
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-key

Baguhan

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 05:05:03 AM »
Oh, and make sure you read...... a lot. there is a ton of information in here.
Y'don't say?  ORLY?  :wacko:

salaxi54, interesting build plans, but I wonder what the guy-in-back will do while you fly?

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 08:17:40 AM »
salaxi54, interesting build plans, but I wonder what the guy-in-back will do while you fly?

Errrhmmm, fly maybe?  :) Back seat will be accompanied by a second computer, for either networked scenarios or independent flight. Actually i would prefer the guy at the back to be a bogie LOL

Baguhan

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 08:19:13 AM »
Ah!  One pit, two computers, two pilots!  Cool!

Offline deltadart

• Captain
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 12:16:47 PM »
Nice, but twice the work!! 2 seats, 2 cockpit,....

It is already quite long with a single seater, I can't imagine doing a twoseater!!! :wacko:

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 12:19:26 PM »
And the second place has some different layout....

JJ

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 05:26:03 PM »
If i'm definitve decide to built the one-seater, i  have the canopy for the 2 seater here. Still can't decide. A 2 seater is a big challenge to built. Show us your progress with pictures. Welcome on VP  :beer:

Offline atsalis_p

• -=VP Donor=-
  • Brig.General
    • 16th Air Command "ARK ANGELS"
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 12:30:23 PM »
Welcome salaxi!
16th sig Atsalis" border="0

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 07:57:11 AM »
Hello there fellas! New to this stuff, it took me a while to realize that this is the ultimate place to hang out for F-16 cockpit-building.  :bounce2:
I intend to build a two-seater F-16D rig, but i already know this will be a long trip.. ::)
For the time being i have already started collecting small stuff, but hopefully it'll start shaping up some day. Nice to be here!

Hey salaxi54,
first a warm welcome man!
And I salute you to take on a twice as difficult task: a two-seater  :whistle:
I am already struggling to get one day a "one-seater" built  ::)
I am looking forward to read all progress and little inventions or bright and simple ideas you come up with!
Also the drawbacks and failures, because we all can learn from each other  :thumbsup:

cheers,
- henkie

Offline salaxi54

• General
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 11:01:02 AM »
Thanks once again to all of you for your warm welcome!  :roll:

Offline avn-tech

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • Aviation, Military & Police Movie Props
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 03:48:20 PM »
Salaxi54,

I am planning on a convertable pit (single seat to two seats). I have a real F-16B rear cockpit, and plan on converting it into a single seat cockpit. Then as time permits, building the front cockpit to add at a later date.

So I am currently collecting parts to build the two cockpits (plus a full scale F-16), which works out to three complete sets. Or I may build the full scale F-16, so I can just add the front cockpit section to make it complete. (the real F-16B cockpit weighs to much)

I have an idea how to build an afterburner for it, just need time to do a proof of concept. I have a fuel ring off a J-57 (F-100, saber engine) to use for the afterburner project. I also have an idea on how to make the Full scale F-16 taxi (electric motors driven by batteries).

Laterrrrrr
Avn-Tech

Offline atsalis_p

• -=VP Donor=-
  • Brig.General
    • 16th Air Command "ARK ANGELS"
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 04:35:55 PM »

O.M.G.

:puterrage: