• Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Customizing Default Point of View in BMS by Sneakpeek
[April 17, 2024, 11:53:20 PM]

Author Topic: Customizing Default Point of View in BMS  (Read 453 times)

Offline Tulkas

• General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Customizing Default Point of View in BMS
« on: April 13, 2024, 10:55:25 AM »
Now that I have installed a HUD frame I have to slightly move the view and reduce the zoom every time I start a flight. Also when centering TrackIR is slightly too high.

Is there a way to save the viewpoint so it is spot on everytime I start the sim?

Thanks!

Tulkas

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • Callsign: Vino
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Re: Customizing Default Point of View in BMS
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2024, 11:06:20 AM »
You can set a custom view and use a key command to set it.
Look in the technical manual in section 4.3.1

Offline Atlas

• General
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2024, 11:06:46 AM »
The BMS viewpoint should be the "correct" one at the design eye.  Could you adjust your position instead?

Offline Tulkas

• General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2024, 11:26:57 AM »
The BMS viewpoint should be the "correct" one at the design eye.  Could you adjust your position instead?

Not without rebuilding the complete cockpit  :lol: I'd think is easier to adjust the POV a couple of degrees...

Cannot be clamed that default position is the good one for everybody, the zoom for example is going to depend on the size of your screen/ projection.

Offline Atlas

• General
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2024, 12:40:27 PM »
Why rebuild the cockpit?  Could you not just raise the seat up and then find a way to fix it in place once at the right height?

Offline Tulkas

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2024, 12:47:00 PM »
You can set a custom view and use a key command to set it.
Look in the technical manual in section 4.3.1

Thanks! Will check!

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • Callsign: Vino
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2024, 02:00:46 PM »
In VR it's easier, you just place your head where you want it and re-center VR.

With the screens I setup a custom view and mapped an always on directx button to the custom view key, so when I entered the cockpit, it would always be in my custom view. Worked pretty well.

Offline Tulkas

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2024, 02:53:05 PM »
I don't have VR yet in the pit, I enjoy VR in my "other cockpit" and with another computer.

Not sure yet how am I going to convert the pit to mix reality  :-\ but it will happend eventually

In VR it's easier, you just place your head where you want it and re-center VR.

With the screens I setup a custom view and mapped an always on directx button to the custom view key, so when I entered the cockpit, it would always be in my custom view. Worked pretty well.

Offline ulti

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2024, 02:57:14 PM »
Maybe you can try this

https://www.weapondeliveryplanner.nl/about/hud.html
I use it for years now in my cockpit setup.

Greetings Martin

--> Never fly faster than your guardian angel can <--

FCC-2 Cougar, BMS , EDTrackerPro

My cockpit

Offline Tulkas

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2024, 03:44:53 PM »
Interesting. But this is only for the "HUD only view", right? Because I use the "3D empty shell view", to have the ability tu move the head around if needed.

Maybe you can try this

https://www.weapondeliveryplanner.nl/about/hud.html
I use it for years now in my cockpit setup.

Greetings Martin

Offline Sneakpeek

• Captain
  • Brand new newbie!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2024, 11:53:20 PM »
I have the exact same problem.
Managed to soothen it by raising the seat a bit. Never got it to work perfectly though, as the size of the HUD on my screen setup (214°) is way off the size on my "physical HUD". But it works alright most of the time and the gain in immersion outweighs it big time.

Didn't know the HUD-View only tool. While it seems OK (to look around, you'd have to assign a keybinding then, I think), I suppose that it might break the multiplayer data integrity check of BMS. Same goes for custom views. Not sure about that, though.

I still hope, that BMS will come up with a solution sometime.

Cheers,
SP

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal