* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 46
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by Sandman
[May 04, 2024, 07:54:13 PM]

Author Topic: Hello from France  (Read 2487 times)

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
Re: Hello from France
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2015, 01:32:12 PM »
It is perfectly possible to make your own plans. Get a good book for model scale builders on the f-16, one that includes cross-sections of the hull. Then using the scale of the plans calculate the real dimensions in the different sections you need and copy the shape of the sections on a large paper or cardboard. Once you made several of these cardboard sections line then up and check whether these dimensions appear correct. When correct use the cardboard as a template and transfer the shape to plywood board. That's how I did it.   

No need to buy plans, or pay for expensive shipping fees... just my 2 cents...

I would say, yes this can be done if you do not screw up everything you touch. Some people are just not good with this type of craftsmanship. I had actually considered just saving up the money and buying a prebuilt cockpit. When I realized the cost, my thin wallet said that wasn't happening so I had to find other ways.... :D :biggrin:
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-key

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 02:29:25 PM »
It is perfectly possible to make your own plans. Get a good book for model scale builders on the f-16, one that includes cross-sections of the hull. Then using the scale of the plans calculate the real dimensions in the different sections you need and copy the shape of the sections on a large paper or cardboard. Once you made several of these cardboard sections line then up and check whether these dimensions appear correct. When correct use the cardboard as a template and transfer the shape to plywood board. That's how I did it.   

No need to buy plans, or pay for expensive shipping fees... just my 2 cents...

Better yet, buy a good commercially available 3D model of an F-16 and scale that up - that will get you a very good, ready made drawing set of the exterior of the jet.  How you mount your gear inside is totally up to you and what you have to work with, so you will need to dimension the interior for yourself anyway...but going this route gets you quite the head start.
- Rufus

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2015, 02:34:12 PM »
Agreed

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2015, 05:13:48 PM »
Go and look through Red Dog's build thread. He did not have Jason's plans to go with and his cockpit is a benchmark for a lot of guys in here.
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-key

Myoda

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2015, 08:24:52 AM »
Thank for all your help guys ! I really impressed by this community and the fervour with that you help a newbie.;)

I feel that home cockpit building may be more an pleasure than fly inside it.  :harhar:

Go and look through Red Dog's build thread. He did not have Jason's plans to go with and his cockpit is a benchmark for a lot of guys in here.

That is exactly what i'm thinking about. i will craft an plan on scale with some benchmark from everywhere.
Please stop me if i mistaken.

1 - First i will try to get all sizes and make an 3D model.
2 - Make an plan on cardboard.
3 - Cut all pieces on wood.
4 - tighten my ass and hope everything can be assembled.

I'm not sure i want to build the external part. i prefer have the interior frame.
This is exatly the frame result i want.

With that order, do you think i'm on the way ?

Offline MrWell

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2015, 10:00:14 AM »
Yes, you are!
Remember to match some measures with that trainer ones, if you plan to use some real components.
Now... time to work!

:digger:

Myoda

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2015, 12:08:04 AM »
Hi guys,
I'm hard working to build the 3D model on sketchup. But i'm on the right way !

Now i'm desperate to find a front flat plan of the glareshield. :wacko:
I found a lot of dimensions but they all are different sizes, depending of who is the builder.

Initially i based my work on xflight.de work.

My result is approximative, but if someone have something like this in high resolution, he will make myself happy !

Offline MrWell

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2015, 11:41:00 AM »

Myoda

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2015, 03:55:43 PM »
Thai Flight Simulator.

http://www.thaiflight.com/mach/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=34061

Oh fu... !! thank you mrwell !!! You are the best ! and don't lets anybody tell you the oposite !!!  :yihaw:

Offline MrWell

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 03:48:35 PM »
 :-[ ;) Thanks!
I don't know if that measures are the real ones or not but it is a beginning. That help me a lot when I began.
Have fun!

Myoda

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2015, 07:08:58 PM »
Hello guys,
one little question.
Where can i found the exterior parts and structure dimensions ?
Like that with dimensions ?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal