• Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Customizing Default Point of View in BMS by Sneakpeek
[April 17, 2024, 11:53:20 PM]

Author Topic: Hello from France  (Read 2453 times)

Myoda

Hello from France
« on: April 01, 2015, 11:24:46 PM »
Hi guys !
I'm from France. I love Falcon BMS but the only one problem is that i catch the sickness like you all.
If i'm here today it's for get an maximum information about how to build an Block-52 cockpit .
For this reason, all your help is welcome.
thank you for all.
Regards,
Alex

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
Re: Hello from France
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 01:07:08 AM »
Welcome Alex. you can learn a lot in here but be warned. you can NEVER leave.  :whistle:
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-key

Offline Taipan

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 01:41:17 AM »
Welcome Alex
Please make sure you read everything here at least once - and preferably twice. You have many decisions to make so you are best to equip your self with as much knowledge as possible before you spend money on things you end up changing later...

I can also recommend www.xflight.de - Martin's site has lots of great information too
thanks
t
"If the heat don't get you........"

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 01:53:44 AM »
Bienvenu Alex! (Welcome)

Offline Wolverine

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 03:03:51 AM »
Hi Alex... Welcome aboard.

sorry for my english!!                                                Italian journal of my pit!!

Offline Lightning101

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 06:17:16 AM »
Bienvenue Alex

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 06:50:18 AM »
Welcome to heaven for big boys Myoda.

Use some time to looka around and read, it will benefit you  :thumbsup:

Great easter mate

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 03:46:27 PM »
Welcome Alex. you can learn a lot in here but be warned. you can NEVER leave.  :whistle:

Yeah Myoda, "Welcome to the hotel "Viperpits" (Eagles song). @sagrzmnky added the words that follow (a little later)  :harhar:

For building an F-16 pit, this is the place to be!

Enjoy your new hobby ... it will take a lot of time (among others  :whistle:)
- Henk

Offline uri_ba

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills
    • My Pit blog
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 05:46:06 PM »
 :outthewindow: :outthewindow: :outthewindow:
Welcome to the nut-house :)

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 08:34:27 PM »
Welcome, welcome...we're all nutz in here... :wacko: ...so feel free to mix it up!  Looking forward to seeing your work... :thumbsup: !
- Rufus

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 11:25:21 PM »

Yeah Myoda, "Welcome to the hotel "Viperpits" (Eagles song). @sagrzmnky added the words that follow (a little later)  :harhar:

For building an F-16 pit, this is the place to be!

Enjoy your new hobby ... it will take a lot of time (among others  :whistle:)
- Henk

You can check out any time you like..... :o :biggrin:

My build thread
 Pokeys, x-key

Offline Dive

• -=VP Donor=-
  • Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 05:07:38 PM »

Ever.  Welcome.  Dig around in the forum and you'll find more information than you can absorb this year.  ;)
INTEL i-5 4690K 3.5GHZ, Radeon R9 270X 2GB PCI-EXPRESS, ASUS Z97-A, AC 97 DIRECT 3D SOUND INTEGRATED, 8GB PC17000/2133Hz, Corsair Vengeance C70 Military Green, SAMSUNG 850 PRO, CORSAIR 750W SLI, Sony KDL-60W800B

GammaRayV2, ElectonFlux, Plasma MM2

Myoda

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 06:44:49 PM »
Hi guys,
Thank you all for that big welcome !
Don't worry about reading this forum. I have read a lots of topics here !
For a little precision (which had his importance) i'm not exactly from France.
I'm from French Guiana, which is an French department  ;)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Guyane+fran%C3%A7aise/@4.7331926,-58.7620127,5z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x8d12155785f7d753:0xde27f7e90f0af446

If i talking yo about this, it's because due to the distance to europe, i think i must change the approach of building my cockpit.

initially, i taken contact with http://viperwing.com/ to get the cockpit frame. But the delivery price is an wall really high ! :brickwall:

Price for the cockpit and seat frame is : 2500 $ (1800 $ + 700 $).
Transport to french guiana 1450 $   :grumbl:
Total paid : 3950 $
with adding about 20% of taxes when package will delivered. :mad:

i read o lot's of topics about time to build the frames, and price of materials, and tools.
2500 $ was an excellent solution initially but now i'm thiknig about an other solution.  :-\

But the question is : Did i'm able to build the frame ?

I looking for contact Killn for buy his plan, but i read he did not connect since long time.  :reading:

So i tried to build the frame on Google SketchUp with many informations taken from everywhere in the forum and particulary on this topic :

http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=q1rf743v630ikf4oe5pvdc6s51&topic=170.msg3489#msg3489
and from

http://xflight.de/

But the result is really really .... surprising !  :harhar:

So, maybe i mistake myself, about the best approach.
This is why i'm here to take your conseils.

Sorry for my poor english !  learned at school !  :whistle:

Regards, at all guys !

Offline MrWell

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 06:10:34 AM »
For sure the best option is buying Killn's plans but that is not possible anymore so you could try with this: http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=9422.0

I was lucky and a friend of mine sold me the basic estructure he did for a client and wasn't finished but I had to figure out the rest. I build from that base and sometimes things are difficult when you are limited with given measures.

Nowadays I realize that with basic measures you can find in that community threat, mainly the ones taken from a real trainer, it is enough  to create your own side consoles and begin creating over them.
If you want to save a lot of time it is better if you go for Pegasus' center consoles, center pedestal and side consoles support. It is not cheap but it is perfect measures and very high quality. With that you could build a support like in Henkie's http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6506.900 with simple aluminum profiles.

It is your call which way to take. There are many and no one is a bad one. Some take more time and others more money...
In my experience, I began making a lot of components on my own (Jay-Els, panels...) and I've seen that some are better if you buy them: nice look and perfect fit. So I have to rebuild several things.
Cheers

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2015, 12:00:23 PM »
It is perfectly possible to make your own plans. Get a good book for model scale builders on the f-16, one that includes cross-sections of the hull. Then using the scale of the plans calculate the real dimensions in the different sections you need and copy the shape of the sections on a large paper or cardboard. Once you made several of these cardboard sections line then up and check whether these dimensions appear correct. When correct use the cardboard as a template and transfer the shape to plywood board. That's how I did it.   

No need to buy plans, or pay for expensive shipping fees... just my 2 cents...

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2015, 01:32:12 PM »
It is perfectly possible to make your own plans. Get a good book for model scale builders on the f-16, one that includes cross-sections of the hull. Then using the scale of the plans calculate the real dimensions in the different sections you need and copy the shape of the sections on a large paper or cardboard. Once you made several of these cardboard sections line then up and check whether these dimensions appear correct. When correct use the cardboard as a template and transfer the shape to plywood board. That's how I did it.   

I would say, yes this can be done if you do not screw up everything you touch. Some people are just not good with this type of craftsmanship. I had actually considered just saving up the money and buying a prebuilt cockpit. When I realized the cost, my thin wallet said that wasn't happening so I had to find other ways.... :D :biggrin:

My build thread
 Pokeys, x-key

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 02:29:25 PM »

Better yet, buy a good commercially available 3D model of an F-16 and scale that up - that will get you a very good, ready made drawing set of the exterior of the jet.  How you mount your gear inside is totally up to you and what you have to work with, so you will need to dimension the interior for yourself anyway...but going this route gets you quite the head start.
- Rufus

Offline tiger-31

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2015, 02:34:12 PM »
Agreed

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2015, 05:13:48 PM »
Go and look through Red Dog's build thread. He did not have Jason's plans to go with and his cockpit is a benchmark for a lot of guys in here.

My build thread
 Pokeys, x-key

Myoda

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2015, 08:24:52 AM »
Thank for all your help guys ! I really impressed by this community and the fervour with that you help a newbie.;)

I feel that home cockpit building may be more an pleasure than fly inside it.  :harhar:

Go and look through Red Dog's build thread. He did not have Jason's plans to go with and his cockpit is a benchmark for a lot of guys in here.

That is exactly what i'm thinking about. i will craft an plan on scale with some benchmark from everywhere.
Please stop me if i mistaken.

1 - First i will try to get all sizes and make an 3D model.
2 - Make an plan on cardboard.
3 - Cut all pieces on wood.
4 - tighten my ass and hope everything can be assembled.

I'm not sure i want to build the external part. i prefer have the interior frame.
This is exatly the frame result i want.

With that order, do you think i'm on the way ?

Offline MrWell

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2015, 10:00:14 AM »
Yes, you are!
Remember to match some measures with that trainer ones, if you plan to use some real components.
Now... time to work!

:digger:

Myoda

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2015, 12:08:04 AM »
Hi guys,
I'm hard working to build the 3D model on sketchup. But i'm on the right way !

Now i'm desperate to find a front flat plan of the glareshield. :wacko:
I found a lot of dimensions but they all are different sizes, depending of who is the builder.

Initially i based my work on xflight.de work.

My result is approximative, but if someone have something like this in high resolution, he will make myself happy !

Offline MrWell

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2015, 11:41:00 AM »

Myoda

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2015, 03:55:43 PM »
Thai Flight Simulator.

http://www.thaiflight.com/mach/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=34061

Oh fu... !! thank you mrwell !!! You are the best ! and don't lets anybody tell you the oposite !!!  :yihaw:

Offline MrWell

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 03:48:35 PM »
 :-[ ;) Thanks!
I don't know if that measures are the real ones or not but it is a beginning. That help me a lot when I began.
Have fun!

Myoda

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2015, 07:08:58 PM »
Hello guys,
one little question.
Where can i found the exterior parts and structure dimensions ?
Like that with dimensions ?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal