• Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Customizing Default Point of View in BMS by Sneakpeek
[April 17, 2024, 11:53:20 PM]

Author Topic: DCStoF4 (Standalone version)  (Read 24500 times)

Offline Rambowski

• Col.
  • I feel the need, the need for speed!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Re: DCStoF4 (Standalone version)
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2024, 10:51:48 AM »
Hi @SharkNoir,

I am trying to establish the connection between DCS and Martins DEDCapture. I just have received a manual installation version from Martin of the DEDCapture V3.02.05Beta, including manual installation of DCStoF4.

Inside the DCStoF4 V1.22 folder 2 files. What do I have exactly to do with those files? Where do I have to copy them? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Robert

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2024, 12:39:14 PM »
Hello, on this forum it's the DCStoF4 version that works without Martin's software.

The version for Martin with the explanation to install it is here :

https://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=12597.0

2/ copy the content ("Export.lua" and "DCS-XFLIGHT" subfolder) of the "DCStoF4\DCS" folder to : %YourUseraccount%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts for DCS Open Beta and %YourUseraccount%\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts for the stable version

If it doesn't work, please contact me.
Manufacturer of former UCC

Offline Rambowski

• Col.
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2024, 03:02:39 PM »
Hi @SharkNoir,

Thank you so much for your help.

I have installed those files as advised, however I did't overwrite my *.lua file as my current .lua contains DCS-BIOS and HFS (vibration pad) data.

I have copied the DCStoF4*.lua content into my own .lua file and it seems like my Martin's DED is working perfectly, however no info on RWR and LDG box. Furthermore my DCS-BIOS is also not working anymore. I have tried with only DCStoF4 data but still the same, only DED is working. So can I run simultaneously DCS-BIOS and DCStoF4?

It looks like something brakes my DCS-BIOS. This is currently my Export.lua file:

------------------------------------------------------------

dofile(lfs.writedir() .. [[Scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])

local HFSlfs=require('lfs');dofile(HFSlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/HFSExport.lua')
local xflight=require('lfs');dofile(xflight.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-XFLIGHT\Util-Dial.lua]])

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM »
Hello,
RWR does not currently work on DCS-BIOS or DCStoF4. DCS does not provide data for RWR or eHSI. They have gone to the single export of these 2 screens.
I'll have to test to see if DCS-BIOS is in conflict but in my last tests all worked.
Try placing the line for DCStoF4 before DCS-BIOS.
This week I won't have time.
Can anyone help?

Offline Jakkuh-15

• 2nd. LT
  • F16, Venom
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: April 08, 2024, 06:41:34 PM »
Hello,
I have been wanting to build my F16 pit for quite a while now (slowed by work, poor health and indecisiveness), but I have wanted it to work with both DCS and BMS (New-ish to BMS but would like to use it primarily, but used to DCS for MP servers etc).

I’ve only just come across this thread and your software regarding being able to use both simulators with hardware panels (which is AWESOME). But I’m a little confused;

Does this software take BMS outputs (like LED states, DED readouts and such) and convert them to work with DCS BIOS? Or does it take DCS Outputs and convert it to panels that are programmed for BMS (Pokeys, F4TS, etc?).

My aim was to build a pit with a CPD (so YAME64?) but because of USB problems in my current cockpit I wanted to use the DCS-BIOS implementation of RS485 serial with MAX487 modules to connect all of the panels to my PC. I realise I can’t use DCS-BIOS with BMS, or would this software allow that?

BMS is worth it if I have to abandon RS485 and use USB connected Arduino’s, but I just wondered if I could in fact get away with RS485 and BMS using your software?

If not, I’m guessing the alternative is programme my arduinos for BMS first (F4TS?), then use this software to convert the DCS outputs to the BMS programming they are already programmed to?

My apologies if this is a silly question, and thank you for your help  :)
I7-12700K, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060TI, 1TB NVMe, 1TB NVMe (DCS & BMS).

Current cockpit; Generic DH Venom.

Offline questerymj

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2024, 03:42:00 AM »
I'm doing same thing like you. I'd make a CPD for BMS and wish to use it on DCS, the only way is use DCStF4 and I'd make part successful.

My way is

1.start BMS and let it stop in UI
2.start DCStoF4
3.start YAME64
4.Start DCS and make sure DCStoF4 is connect

This way DCStoF4 will copy the data from DCS and convert them to shared memories, so YAME64 can display flight data of DCS.

Welcome to ask more if these helps.:D

Offline Jakkuh-15

• 2nd. LT
  • F16, Venom
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2024, 01:02:06 PM »
I'm happy someone else wants to have a hybrid DCS/BMS CPD  :biggrin:

Thank you for the tips! I tried them but I couldnt get it to work on with me. DCStF4 seems to work correctly and prints out all the data it is interposing. However, YAME64/The CPD just sits blank with the text "Waiting for BMS" and doesnt work.

For your YAME setup, what version are you using? I have both the "New(?)" v1.2.1, and also a 2.0.0.44 version. With BMS the only version i could get to work at all was the 2.0.0.44 version, the v1.2.1 i couldnt even get to look for BMS/launch the CPD window (the direct data input option was greyed out, with the only option being "get data from server"). Its likely something I've messed up, i could not completely follow your steps as YAME64 auto-launches BMS or it wont open the CPD for some reason.

My startup sequence was;

1. Start DCStoF4
2. Start YAME64 and (auto)launch BMS + CPD through YAME client.
3. Minimise BMS and Start DCS, load into mission. At this point the DCStoF4 window would begin printing, but CPD would still be inactive.

Do you have your YAME set to pull data direct from BMS or set to a local server at 127.0.0.1? If the server, what port do you use?

Also, does DCStoF4 convert values both ways? I have a DED & arduinos programmed to DCS-BIOS, would i have to reporgramme to BMS and then use DCStoF4 to interpose the values? How do you do it with your panels?

Thank you for all your help, I greatly appreciate it  :)

Offline Rambowski

• Col.
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2024, 03:19:46 PM »
Hello,
RWR does not currently work on DCS-BIOS or DCStoF4. DCS does not provide data for RWR or eHSI. They have gone to the single export of these 2 screens.
I'll have to test to see if DCS-BIOS is in conflict but in my last tests all worked.
Try placing the line for DCStoF4 before DCS-BIOS.
This week I won't have time.
Can anyone help?

I was just wondering if you were able to test the interaction between  DCS BIOS Skunkworks and DCStoF4?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 07:00:53 PM by Rambowski »

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2024, 04:07:35 PM »
For your YAME setup, what version are you using? I have both the "New(?)" v1.2.1, and also a 2.0.0.44 version. With BMS the only version i could get to work at all was the 2.0.0.44 version, the v1.2.1 i couldnt even get to look for BMS/launch the CPD window (the direct data input option was greyed out, with the only option being "get data from server"). Its likely something I've messed up, i could not completely follow your steps as YAME64 auto-launches BMS or it wont open the CPD for some reason.

My experience is that YAME is a bi*** to setup and start.
I did make it work at some point with both BMS and DCS and it was working thus fine in DCS through DCSto F4.
But since then something got changed and I was never able to make it work again.
Still looking for a way as well but today I am convinced that the hard part is to get YAME to work with BMS
Once that is done, most of it (not the moving map) will work with DCS

My startup sequence was;

1. Start DCStoF4
3. Minimise BMS and Start DCS, load into mission. At this point the DCStoF4 window would begin printing, but CPD would still be inactive.
As I said, if it doesn't work with BMS first, there's no point trying in DCS. Fix it in BMS first (something I wasn't able to)

Also, does DCStoF4 convert values both ways? I have a DED & arduinos programmed to DCS-BIOS, would i have to reporgramme to BMS and then use DCStoF4 to interpose the values? How do you do it with your panels?
I have Ghost DED and it works perfectly without any messing around, just start DCSto F4 and the DED is alive in DCS. No ideas about Arduino but if that works with BMS and DCStoF4 is running fine then it will work in DCS

Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

Offline questerymj

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: April 10, 2024, 03:16:43 AM »
I'm happy someone else wants to have a hybrid DCS/BMS CPD  :biggrin:

Thank you for the tips! I tried them but I couldnt get it to work on with me. DCStF4 seems to work correctly and prints out all the data it is interposing. However, YAME64/The CPD just sits blank with the text "Waiting for BMS" and doesnt work.

My startup sequence was;

1. Start DCStoF4

Do you have your YAME set to pull data direct from BMS or set to a local server at 127.0.0.1? If the server, what port do you use?

Thank you for all your help, I greatly appreciate it  :)

The biigest problem is to make DCStF4 connect with DCS, you need to correctly add the lines to export.lua in savegame folder.like this:

-- DCStoF4
local xflight=require('lfs');dofile(xflight.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-XFLIGHT\Util-Dial.lua]])

If you mix this line with other plugin like helios or dcs-bios it's very possible to make one or more of them can't excute.
I think the first thing to do is get a clean export.lua and only paste the line dcstof4 need and test if connect successful. If it connect to DCS and dump data to shared memories, YAME will find it and run.

You can try keep YAME in standby mode, after DCS into flight then run YAME to check if it get the data. If display waiting BMS means the DCStoF4 didn't work correctly. This need a lot of try and error if you don't have other BMS hardware like DED to identify the shared memories works or not.

Offline Jakkuh-15

• 2nd. LT
  • F16, Venom
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2024, 01:15:22 PM »
(My apologies i havent worked out how to use the quote feature yet).

I found the same with YAME, its a nightmare to setup, but I have got the CPD and the ATD working perfectly with BMS just for testing. Have been flying around in BMS for the last couple of days with it on my workstation and its been working great (I had to use version 2.0.0.44, version 1.2.1 did not work at all). I have my LCD turning up soon for my CPD so will test it out properly then.

As for DCS, still have had no luck with getting it to work with DCS/DCStoF4, however I will try what questerymj mentioned and get rid of all the other exports and just put in the DCStoF4 and see if that fixes it (thank you for suggesting that  :) ). I also have Tacview and DCS-BIOS so it might be an issue caused by one of them as suggested...

Overall, pretty happy with the CPD/ATD in BMS. Thank you both for your help! :) I will update as to whether I got DCS working
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 02:31:52 PM by Jakkuh-15 »

Offline questerymj

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2024, 09:12:47 AM »
(My apologies i havent worked out how to use the quote feature yet).

I found the same with YAME, its a nightmare to setup, but I have got the CPD and the ATD working perfectly with BMS just for testing. Have been flying around in BMS for the last couple of days with it on my workstation and its been working great (I had to use version 2.0.0.44, version 1.2.1 did not work at all). I have my LCD turning up soon for my CPD so will test it out properly then.

As for DCS, still have had no luck with getting it to work with DCS/DCStoF4, however I will try what questerymj mentioned and get rid of all the other exports and just put in the DCStoF4 and see if that fixes it (thank you for suggesting that  :) ). I also have Tacview and DCS-BIOS so it might be an issue caused by one of them as suggested...

Overall, pretty happy with the CPD/ATD in BMS. Thank you both for your help! :) I will update as to whether I got DCS working

I will suggest you try a clean export.lua when someday you want to test...it's 99% DCS-bios conlict with DCStoF4 because I still not disslove this issue.XD

And aobut YAME64/CPD,it's not so hard do configure if you know the basic idea (define a area for YAME and put instruments inside there). You can use arrow key to trim the instrument location like in Helios. I always keep YAME in my desktop because I love CPD and wish to use it someday withput any issue...I will share the experience when I successful XD

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2024, 04:03:36 AM »
Hello,
Here is my version of "export.lua".
If it helps.

-- Data export script for DCS, version 1.2.
-- Copyright (C) 2006-2014, Eagle Dynamics.
-- See http://www.lua.org for Lua script system info
-- We recommend to use the LuaSocket addon (http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/luasocket)
-- to use standard network protocols in Lua scripts.
-- LuaSocket 2.0 files (*.dll and *.lua) are supplied in the Scripts/LuaSocket folder
-- and in the installation folder of the DCS.

-- Expand the functionality of following functions for your external application needs.
-- Look into Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log for this script errors, please.

-- DCStoF4
-- WinWing
local wwtlfs=require('lfs');dofile(wwtlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua')
-- TacView
local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')
-- Helios
--dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\Helios\HeliosExport16.lua]])

dofile(lfs.writedir() .. [[Scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2024, 09:59:23 AM »
I've just tried it with version V0.10.0 and no problems.
The DCS-BIOS WEB page displays the DCS F-16 instrument values in real time. And DCStoF4 too.

The .lua export file looks like this:

-- We recommend to use the LuaSocket addon (http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/luasocket)
-- LuaSocket 2.0 files (*.dll and *.lua) are supplied in the Scripts/LuaSocket folder

-- Expand the functionality of following functions for your external application needs.

--dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\WitchcraftExport.lua]])

-- DCStoF4
-- WinWing
local wwtlfs=require('lfs');dofile(wwtlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua')
-- TacView
local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')
-- Helios

--dofile(lfs.writedir() .. [[Scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])
--[[DCS-BIOS Automatic Setup]]
BIOS = {}; BIOS.LuaScriptDir = [[C:\Program Files\DCS-BIOS\dcs-lua\]];
BIOS.PluginDir = [[C:\Users\Sharknoir\AppData\Roaming/DCS-BIOS/Plugins\]];
if lfs.attributes(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[BIOS.lua]]) ~= nil then dofile(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[BIOS.lua]]) end

Offline questerymj

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2024, 10:54:49 AM »
I've just tried it with version V0.10.0 and no problems.
The DCS-BIOS WEB page displays the DCS F-16 instrument values in real time. And DCStoF4 too.

The .lua export file looks like this:

--dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\WitchcraftExport.lua]])

-- DCStoF4
-- WinWing
-- TacView
-- Helios

--dofile(lfs.writedir() .. [[Scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])
--[[DCS-BIOS Automatic Setup]]
BIOS = {}; BIOS.LuaScriptDir = [[C:\Program Files\DCS-BIOS\dcs-lua\]];
BIOS.PluginDir = [[C:\Users\Sharknoir\AppData\Roaming/DCS-BIOS/Plugins\]];
if lfs.attributes(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[BIOS.lua]]) ~= nil then dofile(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[BIOS.lua]]) end

Thanks for sharing the lua file! I will make a test when I have time!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal