COUGAR METAL TAILPART ANGLED by Marvin
[July 17, 2018, 04:13:30 PM]

SHIPPING COSTS FROM CHINA by Kukki
[July 14, 2018, 05:30:06 PM]

ACES II DATA RECORDER BOX by MadDoc
[July 12, 2018, 07:31:35 AM]

ACES II - SEATPAN by Kukki
[July 12, 2018, 05:46:07 AM]

Author Topic: Post Inline Attachments  (Read 751 times)

Offline AiRdAncE

• Kim - was lost but then found ;)
  • Administrator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • My Foundry for cast metal replica items
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Post Inline Attachments
« on: April 12, 2018, 12:09:12 PM »
Hi guys!

Long time no see! Just dropping by to fullfill a request that Willy sent me.... INLINE ATTACHMENTS! (And I have updated SMF from 2.09 to 2.13)

What is the deal?

Well... from now on, if you want to insert one or more pictures into your post, just attach them to your post as you would normally do (under the "Attachments and other options" feature in the new post screen.

Then, in the body of your post insert these BBCODES:

o attachment => Show full expanded picture
o attach => Show thumbnail, expandable to full picture
o attachthumb => Show thumbnail ONLY, not expandable
o attachmini => Show thumbnail, expandable to full picture
o attachurl => Shows attachment size, image dimensions, and download count; no picture

Examples:
[attach={id}][/attach]
[attach={id},{width}][/attach]
[attach={id},{width},{height}][/attach]

The {id} part is the index number of your attachments, the first attached image having id number 1, the fifth having number 5 etc. So, If I have added six images as attachments and I want to insert the third image in my post as a thumbnail which reader clicks and expands to full size, I insert the following code into my post:

[nobbc] [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Allowed parameters:
id   {attachment id}   ID number of the attachment to show inline (NOT attachment number!)
width   {width}   Desired width of image to show.  Valid: positive integers.
height   {height}   Desired height of image to show.  Valid: positive integers.
float   {float}   Floats image to relation to everything else.  Valid: left, right, center
margin   {pixels}   Margin around inline attachment.  Valid: positive integers
margin-left   {pixels}   Left margin around inline attachment.  Valid: positive integers
margin-right   {pixels}   Right margin around inline attachment.  Valid: positive integers
margin-top   {pixels}   Top margin around inline attachment.  Valid: positive integers
margin-bottom   {pixels}   Bottom margin around inline attachment.  Valid: positive integers
border-style   {style}   Border style.  Valid: none, dotted, dashed, solid, double, groove, ridge, inset, outset
border-width   {pixels}   Border width around inline attachment.  Valid: positive integers
border-color   {color}   Border color.  Valid formats: plain text, #xxx, #xxxxxx, rbg(d,d,d)
scale   {answer}   Override scaling of image.  Valid: true, false, yes, no
msg   {msg ID}   Message ID number.  Valid: positive integers.
In each case, {id} is the attachment number relative to the topic, {width} is the max desired width, {height} is the max desired height, {pixels} is the number of pixels surrounding the image, and {float} can be either left, right, or center.  All text between the opening and closing attachment tags is discarded.

Have fun :yihaw: and enjoy!!

Cheers,

AiRdAncE

Life is what you make of it.

---------------------------------
Cast aluminum and brass replica cockpit items
www.castcrafter.com

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Re: Post Inline Attachments
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 01:19:42 PM »
Thanks Kim, We will try it  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • http://www.employees.org/~bwilliam
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 04:05:19 PM »
Awesome!  Thanks Kim.
Beau "Willy" Williamson

I better go find my monkey!

Offline mrwell

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 04:31:20 PM »
Great!
Just in time.
Thanks

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 11:01:11 AM »
@AiRdAncE

It's not working.  When I try to put in the attach BBCode and try to preview the post, I get this in place of the attachment

[You are not allowed to view attachments]

Clearly you were able to do that as an administrator but regular forum members don't appear to be able to do that. My guess is that there are still some configuration/privilege changes that need to be made to allow individual members to use this feature. Hopefully you can find what is needed to allow us to use this feature.

Maybe you can pass the Feedback shown below along to the SMF folks for a possible enhancement to a future release.  In the meantime, I have my fingers crossed that it is an easy fix to enable all members to embed images using the "attach" BBCodes.

Feedback to SMF Developers on this feature
While this is an improvement that will allow inline images to be used, the requirement to use the BBCodes (while very flexible) is typically beyond what most forum members want to have to remember and deal with.  I find I have to keep looking up what the syntax of the BBCode is to embed my images inline.  Other competing Forum software provides a much easier approach by adding an Insert In Line option to the Attach menu option. 

Finally, maybe you can pass the Feedback shown below along to the SMF folks for a possible enhancement to a future release.  In the meantime, I have my fingers crossed that it is an easy fix to enable all members to embed images using the "attach" BBCodes.

Feature Request
The suggestion is for SMF to add the Insert In-Line check box that would automatically insert the appropriate BBCode into the text of the post at the current cursor location.  In order to continue to provide the current flexibility of using the of the
  • attachment => Show full expanded picture
  • attach => Show thumbnail, expandable to full picture
  • attachthumb => Show thumbnail ONLY, not expandable
  • attachmini => Show thumbnail, expandable to full picture
  • attachurl => Shows attachment size, image dimensions, and download count; no picture
options, you could have the default action be selected by the administrator via a Radio Button in the Configuration of the software.  For example, the administrator could set the default to be to insert the BBCode for "attach => Show thumbnail, expandable to full picture" as the default.

Beau "Willy" Williamson

Offline AiRdAncE

• Kim - was lost but then found ;)
  • Administrator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • My Foundry for cast metal replica items
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 12:43:44 PM »
Willy,

Click on (1) to select your file. Click on (2) to insert the selected file into your post.
Click "more attachments" and repeat for every file.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

In Preview, the files will NOT show as they are not yet uploaded. After you hit Post, the files will show inline. As easy as that ;)
Life is what you make of it.

---------------------------------
Cast aluminum and brass replica cockpit items
www.castcrafter.com

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 01:15:29 PM »
Trying the new feature.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Yep. It's working now.   :yihaw:

Thank you Kim.  This will really help out.   :thumbsup:

Beau "Willy" Williamson