* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 52
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: BMS 4.34 Trojan detected  (Read 2231 times)

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
Re: BMS 4.34 Trojan detected
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2019, 06:07:51 PM »
If you launch Windows update in Windows 10 and watch you'll see that the Malware Definitions for Windows Defender also get updated.  I think you can also launch Windows Security and do a straight update from there too.  Anyway, I always run Windows Update at boot up first thing before I do anything else.  In general I find the Malware Definitions are updated near to daily.

Windows Defender had originally Quarantined the offending "malware" as a trojan.  From there I had the option to delete or restore - I deleted it yesterday...then I went back today and performed the below and didn't get any further indication of an issue from Windows Defender.
- Rufus

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • Callsign: Vino
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2019, 07:30:57 PM »
Maybe they listened to you?.. :thumbsup: .

I think they did, check out the status of the case. :)

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2019, 12:29:30 PM »
Bravo, JJ... :thumbsup: !
- Rufus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal