Hello from Canada by tiger-31
[Today at 03:39:31 AM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Customizing Default Point of View in BMS by Sneakpeek
[April 17, 2024, 11:53:20 PM]

Author Topic: What happened to the ACES II parachute boxes???  (Read 2189 times)

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
What happened to the ACES II parachute boxes???
« on: January 07, 2017, 08:21:01 PM »
Hey guys,

I started collecting F-16 parts in 1999 and I remember buying ACES II parachute boxes on Ebay for about 40 bucks and they were a dime a dozen.  Around the time I left this group in 2007 unfortunately we were screwing each other with our supply and demand and they were averaging about 400-500; but at least they were still available.

I have been checking for at least the last six months and have not seen them ANYWHERE???  I find it hard to believe they are not being removed from the jets, so what am I missing??  Are they export restriction laws controlled or something?

Jody
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

mg102279

Re: What happened to the ACES II parachute boxes???
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 08:38:42 PM »
I am 100% for everyone having fun and also happy to get their hands on stuff. Yes there has been issues with U.S. customs with certain military items leaving the U.S. after talking to a friend. They are getting more stringent and now have zero tolerance for this.

Short version: Yes there are more regulations and laws due to theft or NATSEC.

Long Version: This is why some items are not found so easily and also the DOD has a Condition code of D and a controlled item code of U. This means that it shouldn't be in the hands of Civilians and also that it needs to be destroyed if coded D.

Most of the items that are apart of the weapon system of the F-16 and others are prohibited by U.S. Federal law from leaving the United States. If caught it can mean imprisonment and or a fine.

There have been others (unnamed) in the past that have circumvented the system and have gotten lucky (shame on you once....next time will not be so lucky).

I hope everyone can understand that U.S. laws are real and that I ask and I am sure that I speak from other Americans that the laws are respected due to NATSEC. If someone gets in trouble and we have knowledge, we will not go down for someone else. I took an oath and stand by it.

Please understand my concern. I am happy to help others with donating my models and also provide items but I will not lose my retirement over someone's ignorance and lack of respect for U.S. laws...period.

This is a sour subject for me because I was military supply and know the rules and regulations of these type of items. Yes there are other parts that have been properly DEMIL'd and that is fine but, eventhough DEMIL'd they are to stay in the U.S. no question about it.

I care about everyone on this website and don't want to see anyone get in trouble for something that may ruin their life or career. We are here to have fun most of the time and some of the time we have to be serious.

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 09:30:04 PM »
...have to second what 44 has to say, unfortunately. 

I've been hoping for a glut of DEMIL'd F-16 parts to come available now that there is a QF-16 Program, but that hasn't...er...materialized...to date.  And I'm not gonna hold my breath.
- Rufus

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 06:50:31 AM »
Maybe you should look outside the US. They have new laws that are so complicated that they are afraid even to sell a normal screw. Also with switches, helmets and so on.. because nearly no one knowns what is allowed and what not. A option is to buy not private , buy at companies. I still get items that is military stuff and switches with MS labeling without a problem. And it is sometimes much cheaper than auctions here in VP  :beer2: ok, it is better than years before where a single used and old switch started at same price that Honeywell calls out for a new one..

But there is still a lotof stuff to get. Those chute containers and other parts like this always come in waves... a year nohing, 6 times then a month...

Offline Marvin

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 10:15:52 AM »
Holy Christ guys take it easy!!!   ;D

I wasn't asking for someone to break the laws.  I was merely asking has there been a change recently (as I have been away for 10 years) and notice these boxes have not been on EBay since I started searching for one months ago.  And to think I tossed 3 of them in the garbage when I sold my pit makes me hate myself right now!  Lol

Anyway don't get me wrong I am a ex special forces member who had level IV NATO Secret security clearance and a current police officer.  Trust me I abide by the laws and respect them.

I was just asking if there was a change recently!

Thanks for explaining that to me!
Jody
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Biggles

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 10:25:41 AM »
And to think I tossed 3 of them in the garbage when I sold my pit makes me hate myself right now!  Lol

Jody

You did what ?????????

Now you know why they are hard to find..someone threw them in the bin....

Biggles.

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 10:31:12 AM »
Then ask KK.. normally he is building his pit out of the bin...

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 11:12:51 AM »
Well in my defence I did post them on EBay for two weeks with zero interest.  So I just tossed them when I was moving.

And I only paid about 40 bucks for them so was no real loss to me.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

mg102279

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 02:49:08 PM »
Holy Christ guys take it easy!!!   ;D

I wasn't asking for someone to break the laws.  I was merely asking has there been a change recently (as I have been away for 10 years) and notice these boxes have not been on EBay since I started searching for one months ago.  And to think I tossed 3 of them in the garbage when I sold my pit makes me hate myself right now!  Lol

Anyway don't get me wrong I am a ex special forces member who had level IV NATO Secret security clearance and a current police officer.  Trust me I abide by the laws and respect them.

I was just asking if there was a change recently!

Thanks for explaining that to me!
Jody
  No harm no foul. Just a speed-up of what has changed in the years.

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 03:03:01 PM »
On that note those I have never understood ITARs at all.  I mean they restrict some do the strangest things and even things that are already available in Canada.  But it is what it is I guess.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

mg102279

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 04:02:10 PM »
On that note those I have never understood ITARs at all.  I mean they restrict some do the strangest things and even things that are already available in Canada.  But it is what it is I guess.

It sucks, I know. This is why we all come together. To be innovative and learn ways of making replicas. I am making a transition to make more of my stuff free open source as long as others don't use this stuff for personal/commercial financial gain. I have spent countless hours on 3d models as well as others. I am just glad some so far respect intellectual property of others. (Lockheed owns everything! We can't forget)

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 04:38:02 PM »
Yes very true.  I will be buying a lot of your stuff once I get to that part.  And I though Obama was trying to sell the F-16 to India or Pakistan or something?  ;)
" Where's the KABOOM! "

mg102279

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 11:43:36 PM »
Yes from what I remember Pakistan and India. We usually give older upgrades and whatnot. We should not be providing newer models to them.

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 10:09:38 PM »

...unfortunately, I have to understand the part(s) I have to understand... :reading: ...so I understand.  Some.
- Rufus

Offline MrWell

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2017, 03:38:34 AM »
...unfortunately, I have to understand the part(s) I have to understand... :reading: ...so I understand.  Some.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :lolsign:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal