* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 15
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: Craig's dumb F4 questions  (Read 2772 times)

Offline Bricklayer

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • http://www.simhardware.org
    • Awards
Craig's dumb F4 questions
« on: September 21, 2003, 03:07:57 PM »
Dumb questions:[list=1]
  • Where can I find a an "Idiot's Guide to Falcon4 Politics"?  I lost track of what was going on after the UT vs. RPG war.  I would like to understand why all the "gnashing of teeth" around the new exe release.
  • Why aren't we whinning to the exe coders to code networking of one flight(same plane) to more than one PC?  Seems to me this would allow tons of stuff like; 2 seater cockpit, MFD --> pit displays, multi-monitor/projector....[/list:o]

More to follow. :)
Craig "Bricklayer" Rochester

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2003, 04:21:12 PM »
:)

I just usually ignore it, its hard to get the info from the threads with out skimming over the pissing contest, but I try!
If your interested, do a search of Frugals on VO, VIperOps, FreeFalcon ect..

I am just happy the EXE edits are on again, what we will gain remains to be seen. I would like to know what was in VO.exe and if it will be included in this EXE editing, maybe the MFD data was worked on. If anyone knows, fill us in. If there are any forum members that can explain how hard of a job getting MFD data exported to another machine, fill us in on that also.

Offline Bricklayer

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2003, 07:29:23 PM »
I think we should shoot for a more general solution if MFD coding is a huge effort.

Why not aim high?  Ask for code that would allow distributing the same flight(one pilot's session) to multiple PC's. I.e. network the same plane to more than one PC and manipulate the views seperately.

I can dream, right? ;)

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2003, 09:47:36 PM »
I think thats solution, I was thinking,why not call it an instructors station  :)
Maybe the non pitbuilders could see merits in that also. :D

Offline Crease-Guard

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2003, 06:04:13 AM »
Holy Smokes!!  When did the .exe edits start up again??  I missed that.  Erwin is definitly the person to ask about this.  He knows for sure, I have talked him about it before.

Jay

Offline Bricklayer

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2003, 07:24:54 AM »
Where you been Jay?  Spelunking? ;-)

Offline Crease-Guard

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2003, 07:59:51 AM »
Actually yes!  But you don't really want to know the details, I just got off work.  8)

Jay

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal