* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 158
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: forum organisation feedback?  (Read 11780 times)

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Re: forum organisation feedback?
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2021, 04:58:00 AM »
@Marvin please stop this, its pointless, we have had our way to comit to VP for many years and its not perfect but we have done what we could, and yes it have taken to long, but that is because people dont read how to do it.

our system have been overloaded with shitty emails, Romanski is doint it by hand, and doing his best. But we are getting that handled now, so please stop flaming on this and change your focus onto something else.

Kukki

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2021, 05:47:23 AM »
Ok, guys some feedback about the registration process.

I just looked at our start page, without logging in.  On top of the page you get the info about how to register. So potential members can see it almost immediately. How clear can you be?

Some remarks/suggestions though. At some point it says hit the registration button, but in order to do that you need to go to the top of the page and click register. A button in the actual text with hyperlink would be easier.

Second, you could explain also in the first text, that as all applications are checked before being approved, it may take some time before a new user is granted access. In this way the candidate knows it is not an automatic process and that he needs to have some patience.

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2021, 06:07:50 AM »
@Marvin please stop this, its pointless, we have had our way to comit to VP for many years and its not perfect but we have done what we could, and yes it have taken to long, but that is because people dont read how to do it.

our system have been overloaded with shitty emails, Romanski is doint it by hand, and doing his best. But we are getting that handled now, so please stop flaming on this and change your focus onto something else.

Kukki

You guys are unbelievable.  Talk about getting butt hurt over trivial posts.  Relax already.  There are points brought up in this thread multiple times.  I brought it up twice.  Take it fucking easy guys.  Get a little thicker skin.  Lol
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2021, 07:40:28 AM »
No Marvin
But having you coming with the same over and over again while we are doing something about it is kind if trivial.
Thats all.

Offline Marvin

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2021, 07:42:08 AM »
No Marvin
But having you coming with the same over and over again while we are doing something about it is kind if trivial.
Thats all.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2021, 07:43:07 AM »
You actually have more repetitive posts complaining about my two posts.  ;)
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2021, 09:03:52 AM »
 ;) lets leave it here and good sunday  :beer:

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2021, 01:36:47 PM »
There’s the spirit!  Lol
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2021, 10:57:38 PM »
I spoke with Mark (Sandman) this evening and we will be expanding the storage, SMF is many versions behind current. Perhaps the security features are available in the new updates for registrations/security. Perhaps there are new tools to help in organizing posts and topics. Oliver is correct, some of the older topics can be archived or even deleted if no activity and or not relevant today. Agree new tree structure for various sims should be made and organized. We discussed perhaps using a tagging system in post so they would show up in search much easier and could be edited in with those with rights to each posts. ie... (#POKEYS) or (#Interfacing) as an example. Let's see what the new updates to SMF offer, It's a very active forum engine that is continually worked on and may have the features needed. We will need a backup before updating so we have a parachute. Also the host will kick the forum offline if they find a vulnerability in older versions of SMF, so the update will need to be done regardless sooner rather than later.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 01:49:30 PM by Sandman »

Offline dkm

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • Col.
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2021, 11:14:19 PM »
Hey Mike,

Good to see you still around.  :thumbsup:

If any  :countingmoney: is required, make a shout out, happy to make a donation to keep this awesome site up to date.

David

Offline Sandman

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2021, 01:15:39 AM »
If any  :countingmoney: is required, make a shout out, happy to make a donation to keep this awesome site up to date.

CONSIDER MAKING A SMALL DONATION TO MAINTAIN VIPERPITS

Mike (Ka-Bar03) has always been reluctant to ask for donations to offset the costs of hosting and maintaining the Viperpits Site.  This site has always been free to members, but we do request donations from time to time to pay for additional storage, more bandwidth, or software upgrades.

Viperpits does not have any paid staff- all Moderators and Administrators freely volunteer their time to make Viperpits an awesome hobby site, but it does cost money to pay for the host server.

Donations are used to cover hosting costs and service upgrades.  To make a donation, click on the DONATE button on the home page (see sample screenshot below).  Even small $5 - $20 donations are appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 01:34:55 AM by Sandman »

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • Callsign: Vino
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2021, 02:28:01 AM »
Thanks for pointing that out Sandman!
I hardly ever actually go on the Home page, so I never saw this.  :beer:

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2021, 08:20:36 AM »
I did a donation , but afterwards PayPal redirects me back to Viperpits, but the URL (www. viperpanels. com or something like that) is invalid  :whistle:

Offline Romanski

• MSC
  • Administrator
  • General
  • www.31st.nl
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2021, 08:43:44 AM »
I did a donation too! I dont think the url has effect on it, just hope that the money goes in the right wallet.
"...Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die!
Won't you run, live to fly, fly to live, Aces high!"

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2021, 08:48:28 AM »
Hi Henkie, the donation came through along with a several others, thank you everyone. That address is my old webstore.. Also there was a donation from a few weeks back that I had missed from Jeffery Bleiweiss.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal