Mag switches with DCS by questerymj
[Today at 08:11:05 AM]

USAeroSim DCS F16c CDU Software by snakedoc
[May 10, 2024, 09:10:22 AM]

I am a newbie who took off from Japan sir by questerymj
[May 09, 2024, 09:12:07 AM]

Hello from Canada by RonD
[May 05, 2024, 04:00:22 PM]

Author Topic: Greetings from Norway  (Read 2563 times)

Offline Helidude

• 2nd. LT
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
Greetings from Norway
« on: December 20, 2023, 08:47:32 AM »
Hello there fellow Viper enthusiasts!

Fairly new to military sims. Worked on the F-16, log time ago, during my initial service at the weapons workshop and flight line.
Not new to aviation though, been flying for 25 years.. I’m currently working as a helicopter pilot and also hold PPL-A and owns a Vans RV6.

Been flying some VTOL VR.. great game, but not fan of VR for long sessions. End goal is to build an F-16 pit and join a squadron!

So gonna start reading the build threads and gathering info :) 
Thanks
Ivar

Offline Zeight

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: Greetings from Norway
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 08:54:27 AM »
Welcome to the asylum. Lots of great information in this forum.  :beer:

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 08:59:58 AM »
Welcome to VP, you will find you have a couple of fellow countrymen here, with some great projects.

Looking forward to seeing your build project.

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2023, 09:22:48 AM »
Welcome Ivar!

... owns a Vans RV6 ...

Picture(s) ???

So gonna start reading the build threads and gathering info :) 

Wise decision, enjoy  :reading:

Offline Helidude

• 2nd. LT
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2023, 09:51:31 AM »
Thank you!

Pics of my plane:
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Throwing in a picture from the H145 Level D sim we fly at work:
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

//Ivar

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2023, 10:18:53 AM »
Welcome

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2023, 10:53:04 AM »
very nice !

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2023, 12:30:42 PM »
Welcome aboard!  :vprules:

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2023, 02:45:43 PM »
Alright - someone else that works in the cockpit... :thumbsup: !  Welcome... :yihaw: !
- Rufus

Offline mihi4

• General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • https://f16simulator.net
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2023, 02:51:35 PM »
Welcome!!  :beer2:
Michi "MiHi" Hirczy
https://f16simulator.net

Offline Helidude

• 2nd. LT
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2023, 12:18:08 PM »
Thanks!

Alright - someone else that works in the cockpit... :thumbsup: !  Welcome... :yihaw: !

What do you fly Rufus?

Offline Wolverine

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2023, 01:49:34 PM »
Welcome!

sorry for my english!!                                                Italian journal of my pit!!

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2023, 03:19:59 PM »

Thanks!

What do you fly Rufus?

I have a Private pilot ticket (that in't really current) and I've been a Flight Test Engineer for the past 38 years...I've been in and out of RL fighter/attack cockpits during all that time, plus I've got about 500-600+ hours in various Fleet Trainers...which is a bit unusual even for most of the rest of the other Engineers I work with - I've just been luck enough to have been in the right places at the right times.  Most and most recent of my faux flight time is in these -

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IUTBgL8bawQ/VIMIJLERBBI/AAAAAAAAhVc/P3Z-RiJrBVA/w1200-h630-p-nu/Link_FA18_Australia_2.jpg

This one, in fact - this pic was as it was first being installed, I got to help with the initial standup and checkout...in fact, I think I recall having flown aa full A card FCF on it as part of that:

https://navair-pub-sites.s3.amazonaws.com/IBAR_TOFT_017.jpg

That happened mostly because of my Viper project - now I don't know where work ends and hobby begins!  I've also had the privilege of getting to fly a real Trainer configured Super Hornet from the back seat...NOW it's time for me to retire!
- Rufus

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2023, 03:45:19 PM »

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2023, 12:40:04 AM »
Good morning an welcome in here  :vprules:  :outthewindow:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal