Hi! From Turkiye by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:23 PM]

Hello from Greece by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:06 PM]

Recent Posts

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
Falcon BMS / Re: Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER
« Last post by henkie on April 16, 2024, 04:04:11 PM »
The "roller switch" is atually used in BMS. It is the detection that the canopy is closed.
The other switch that you can manually toggle, and is pushed back when the spider is "closed" is only needed if you want to implement a "real" moving canopy  :whistle:
« Last post by Atlas on April 16, 2024, 11:36:57 AM »
Are there any plans or measurements for the bits where the switches are mounted?  Would be nice if I can 3D print these and get them working.  I believe I already have a copy of the spider switch and the hinge assembly to connect it to the cockpit, but that's it.
DCS / Re: DCStoF4 (Standalone version)
« Last post by Red Dog on April 16, 2024, 09:27:52 AM »
I don't know about DCSBios, but I run Helios and DCStoF4 with no problem as long as DCStoF4 is above the helios declaration
I do also use simshaker, but that one is not working when DCStoF4 is declared above it. And if I declare simshaker first, then DCStoF4 doesn't work anymore

For now, my pit has no Simshaker anymore... choices and pitbuilding compromises unfortunately
« Last post by questerymj on April 16, 2024, 06:08:39 AM »
I've just tried it with version V0.10.0 and no problems.
The DCS-BIOS WEB page displays the DCS F-16 instrument values in real time. And DCStoF4 too.

The .lua export file looks like this:

-- Data export script for DCS, version 1.2.
-- Copyright (C) 2006-2014, Eagle Dynamics.
-- See http://www.lua.org for Lua script system info
-- We recommend to use the LuaSocket addon (http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/luasocket)
-- to use standard network protocols in Lua scripts.
-- LuaSocket 2.0 files (*.dll and *.lua) are supplied in the Scripts/LuaSocket folder
-- and in the installation folder of the DCS.

-- Expand the functionality of following functions for your external application needs.
-- Look into Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log for this script errors, please.

--dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\WitchcraftExport.lua]])

-- DCStoF4
local xflight=require('lfs');dofile(xflight.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-XFLIGHT\Util-Dial.lua]])
-- WinWing
local wwtlfs=require('lfs');dofile(wwtlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua')
-- TacView
local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')
-- Helios
--dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\Helios\HeliosExport16.lua]])

--dofile(lfs.writedir() .. [[Scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])
--[[DCS-BIOS Automatic Setup]]
BIOS = {}; BIOS.LuaScriptDir = [[C:\Program Files\DCS-BIOS\dcs-lua\]];
BIOS.PluginDir = [[C:\Users\Sharknoir\AppData\Roaming/DCS-BIOS/Plugins\]];
if lfs.attributes(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[BIOS.lua]]) ~= nil then dofile(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[BIOS.lua]]) end

I'd notived you had disable helios lines, do you ever run it together successully? (I mean run DCStF4、DCSbios、Helios at same time)
« Last post by Rufus on April 15, 2024, 08:35:23 PM »
Also don't forget that there are quite a few things you can hard-wire your pit to do to emulate the RL jet that BMS doesn't think about, or implement correctly.  I'm already thinking about such with regard to my lighting power management...just plain bypass BMS and hard-wire.
« Last post by Jakkuh-15 on April 15, 2024, 11:53:55 AM »
Thanks for sharing the lua file.

I did as suggested and cleared my lua file out and just had DCStoF4 export script in there. I ran the CPD as suggested below (worked out how to get YAME64 2.0.0.44 exporting seperate to BMS, so i can start BMS first then run export through YAME).

I'm doing same thing like you. I'd make a CPD for BMS and wish to use it on DCS, the only way is use DCStF4 and I'd make part successful.

My way is

1.start BMS and let it stop in UI
2.start DCStoF4
3.start YAME64
4.Start DCS and make sure DCStoF4 is connect

This way DCStoF4 will copy the data from DCS and convert them to shared memories, so YAME64 can display flight data of DCS.

Welcome to ask more if these helps.:D

Still have no luck with getting it to work with DCS, DCStoF4 prints output with correct values every time but CPD is just stuck saying "Waiting for Falcon". Falcon is running in the background. I wondered, do you have your YAME set to "Get Data From Falcon BMS" or set to "Get Data from Server", with 127.0.0.1 as address and ports 53000 & 53001 for flight data and textures respectively? I have mine set to the former (get data from BMS), but i wondered if it needs to be set to server instead? I have tried it from the server, but with the default ports the CPD is just stuck on "Waiting for Server".

I can confirm YAME/CPD works perfectly in BMS every time so far. No luck with DCS, so not sure whats going wrong. I dont have any BMS hardware though to test out to see if it is a YAME only issue or a config issue.

I think I've got the hang of the YAME display setup though, takes a minute to get your head around lol :stupid:
« Last post by questerymj on April 15, 2024, 10:54:49 AM »
The DCS-BIOS WEB page displays the DCS F-16 instrument values in real time. And DCStoF4 too.

-- We recommend to use the LuaSocket addon (http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/luasocket)
-- LuaSocket 2.0 files (*.dll and *.lua) are supplied in the Scripts/LuaSocket folder

-- Expand the functionality of following functions for your external application needs.

-- DCStoF4
local xflight=require('lfs');dofile(xflight.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-XFLIGHT\Util-Dial.lua]])
-- WinWing
local wwtlfs=require('lfs');dofile(wwtlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua')
-- TacView
local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')
-- Helios

if lfs.attributes(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[BIOS.lua]]) ~= nil then dofile(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[BIOS.lua]]) end

Thanks for sharing the lua file! I will make a test when I have time!
« Last post by SharkNoir on April 15, 2024, 09:59:23 AM »

-- DCStoF4
-- WinWing
-- TacView
-- Helios

« Last post by Cupra on April 15, 2024, 09:32:25 AM »
Yeah.. since 2 years.. maybe 3.. Something like that. Already implemented in my pit :D

Don`t make just what your sim does, make all that is available, no matter if actual used or not :D
Falcon BMS / Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER
« Last post by Tulkas on April 15, 2024, 08:42:21 AM »
For the time being I only have the canopy motor switch (canopy up and down), I have heard that newer BMS versions have a more complete implementation.

I have been doing a search in the forums about the different spider switches, the best explanation I have found is this one from Blaze:

Which ones are now in BMS, the rolling switch or the funny one, canopy sealing?

Cheers

Tulkas
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal