Wolverine's F16 Block 52 by Wolverine
[December 01, 2017, 02:27:16 AM]

Symulate Cockpit Plans by Symulate
[November 30, 2017, 02:05:26 PM]

BMS 4.33 U4 is here. by Icarus
[November 30, 2017, 03:45:45 AM]

Azul's Pit by Azul
[November 29, 2017, 04:07:10 AM]

Author Topic: Karma is a....  (Read 6221 times)

Offline AiRdAncE

• Kim - was lost but then found ;)
  • Administrator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • My Foundry for cast metal replica items
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Karma is a....
« on: December 03, 2014, 07:18:12 PM »
Some of you might just have noticed something new on the forum. Below each users avatar next to a post is something called Viputation.

Back in the days we enabled this and at some time along the line it got disabled. Some of our old-guys have Viputation already.

Viputation is our representation of your reputation as a VP-member, sort of a social experiment. Other users (minimum 40 posts required) may smite or applaud you. An applaud adds +1 to your karma (or Viputation) and a smite deducts 1. The higher your Viputation, the better you are appreciated by the community and you're probably one of the guys contributing more than average to this community.

As said before, this is sort of a social experiment for us, so let us know how you feel about this feature!  :beer:
Life is what you make of it.

---------------------------------
Cast aluminum and brass replica cockpit items
www.castcrafter.com

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: Karma is a....
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 07:26:45 PM »
 8) I guess nowdays we can compare it to a Like button for FB

Click Above For Information

Offline AiRdAncE

• Administrator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 07:29:38 PM »
8) I guess nowdays we can compare it to a Like button for FB
Just applauded you for that comment, Mike!  :clap: :bounce2: :lolsign:

www.castcrafter.com

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 01:08:52 AM »
I would say since Nigel is at 1 and JJ is at 8, it needs a little tweaking.... :whistle:
Those two guys should be among the high reputations in here.
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-keys, Mike's panels, Ribbstick

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 01:16:18 AM »
As much of a smartass as I am, I am surprised that I am at 3 and not -15.... :biggrin:

Mod Edit : 4
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 09:01:56 AM by JJ »

My build thread

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 01:34:23 AM »
Phil you are a really good dude for saying that. Can I smite myself?

Offline KK

• General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 03:06:14 AM »
I'm really glad that I made it to 1 (ONE) after 10 years in this forum with 55 pages of pit progress (10 pages  lost by the crash not even counted) and meanwhile 120'000 views.

In the early days I had 3 PINK DILDOS and a battery drill.
This combination at least gave me some INSPIRATION  :-P
whereas this thingie is totally bullshit.
I vote to deactivate it again because I think its offending people and not doing very much good.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 03:24:24 AM by KK »

Offline AiRdAncE

• Administrator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 04:02:43 AM »
I'm really glad that I made it to 1 (ONE) after 10 years in this forum with 55 pages of pit progress (10 pages  lost by the crash not even counted) and meanwhile 120'000 views.

In the early days I had 3 PINK DILDOS and a battery drill.
This combination at least gave me some INSPIRATION  :-P
whereas this thingie is totally bullshit.
I vote to deactivate it again because I think its offending people and not doing very much good.

What if I told you the pink dildo award is being brought back to life? ;)

www.castcrafter.com

JJ

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 04:15:34 AM »
Duno if this adds some extra's to VP. I think awards are more valuable. People who add something serious for the community get's awards. My suggestion : members can't give awards without first mention it to one moderator or administrator. That keeps the system clean. and indeed those stupid pink dildo's should be no part of VP.

Offline AiRdAncE

• Administrator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 05:02:56 AM »
Duno if this adds some extra's to VP. I think awards are more valuable. People who add something serious for the community get's awards. My suggestion : members can't give awards without first mention it to one moderator or administrator. That keeps the system clean. and indeed those stupid pink dildo's should be no part of VP.

The awards will be moderated. In other words, members cannot assign awards, only mods and admins can. So if anyone is eligible for an award, members should nominate him for an award by contacting a mod or admin. That is how it was before.

www.castcrafter.com

Offline Sandman

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Viputation (Karma) feature
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 12:35:12 PM »
I tend to agree with keeping AWARDS, but letting Viputation (Karma) fade into old history-

The AWARDS tended to be "earned" recognition - everyone tended to agree that these were going to the right people

The Viputation was rather arbitrary - some high profile members got lots of "likes", while others never got many points.  The relative comparisons never made any sense.  We really value ALL of our members, even those that don't post much.  So why alienate anyone?

I recommend that we focus on using the AWARDS to recognize special contributions to the forum, and also use the home page as a way to highlight the latest work done by our members.

Mark (SANDMAN)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 12:44:37 PM by Sandman »

Offline AiRdAncE

• Administrator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Re: Viputation (Karma)....
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 03:52:51 PM »
Thinking about it...

+1 Sandman !

www.castcrafter.com

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 11:41:42 PM »
May I make a suggestion? How about leave the applause, but get rid of the smite. Leave the positive awards, but get rid of the negative ones. The awards are monitored by mods, but anyone can click applaud or smite. The issue is, if you have an argument, or bad experience with someone, then they may "smite" you just because of that. You could have someone that you do not get along with and they could "smite" you every day just because they do not like you. This could put someone in the negative when they may not deserve it. I would say that if you do not like someone, just do not click applaud for them, but do not give someone the opportunity to destroy someone's reputation in here out of shear hatred. Let's keep everything on a positive note.  :beer:

My build thread

Offline Rayman

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2014, 01:13:54 AM »
Just keep the forum as professional as it is, no viputation, no awards.
Use FB for that. Every member contributes  in it's own way.
I like the respect we have for eachother, it's unique for a forum, let's keep it like that!

Offline AiRdAncE

• Administrator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2014, 02:18:32 AM »
I'm seeing a few of our hardcore peeps already with negative Karma (Viputation). That points out to me that indeed... in this case Karma is not good ;)

I've just taken Karma offline.... how many people in this world get to say that ?  :-P :wacko:

www.castcrafter.com