Wolverine's F16 Block 52 by Wolverine
[December 01, 2017, 02:27:16 AM]

Symulate Cockpit Plans by Symulate
[November 30, 2017, 02:05:26 PM]

BMS 4.33 U4 is here. by Icarus
[November 30, 2017, 03:45:45 AM]

Azul's Pit by Azul
[November 29, 2017, 04:07:10 AM]

Author Topic: Viper26 pit  (Read 71816 times)

JJ

Re: Viper26 pit
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2013, 01:44:48 PM »
Love to see Alu building...looking forward to next stage..

Offline Thunder

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • callsign[KTF]
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2013, 10:57:24 AM »
Just curious because I have to solve this issue too- how are you going to access the power button for your LCD's after they're mounted? If I'm looking at your pictures right, the button looks like it's on the backside of the display.

Offline viper26

• Col.
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2013, 11:43:47 AM »
Thunder good question.  My build is limited by space.  I'm attempting to place this pit in one of my rooms.  (My wife doesn't know yet) This means my plan is to only have the forward glare shields installed which will give me access to the back of the MFDs or anything else for future trouble shooting.

Offline Firebird

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2013, 12:07:33 PM »
I have my MFD's powered by a seperate computer power supply providing 12 volts.  I have the supply "switched" to an unused switch in the pit and when I power the supply, the MFD's light up.  All of my buttons for the monitor behind the MFD are hidden and not used.  I suppose you could do similar by using a power strip with a switch if you were using the AC adapter, but have not tried that.

Gygabite x99 M/B, Processor: Interl(R) Core (TM)i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz, Memory: 16000MB Corsair DDR5 Ram, DirectX 10, XFX 9820 Eyefinity and 5760x1080 Samsung triple monitors

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2013, 03:08:41 PM »
I want to wire as much of my power support and lighting directly and independent of sim software as I can - what I'll likely do is switch the power for my MFD LCDs through a relay closed by the MFD switch on the Avionics Power panel.  I'll have to insure that the circuit doesn't back-leak power/current into my matrix connections though...I should be able to diode against that, but I haven't totally noodled it all out yet...it will depend on the voltages/currents required.  Using a relay should minimize the requirement though.  I imagine I'll have to modify some power strips to re-route their on/off switches.

I also plan to route all of my power strips on/off through the Main Power switch on the Electrics panel in a similar manner - all will remain off until the switch is in MAIN PWR, and "essential services" only will come up with the switch in BATT.  I'll refer to the Dash 1 to noodle that logic out.  I also want to set up a few directly wired "maintenance" functions - like a lights test.
- Rufus

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2013, 12:29:54 AM »
I want to wire as much of my power support and lighting directly and independent of sim software as I can - what I'll likely do is switch the power for my MFD LCDs through a relay closed by the MFD switch on the Avionics Power panel.  I'll have to insure that the circuit doesn't back-leak power/current into my matrix connections though...I should be able to diode against that, but I haven't totally noodled it all out yet...it will depend on the voltages/currents required.  Using a relay should minimize the requirement though.  I imagine I'll have to modify some power strips to re-route their on/off switches.

I also plan to route all of my power strips on/off through the Main Power switch on the Electrics panel in a similar manner - all will remain off until the switch is in MAIN PWR, and "essential services" only will come up with the switch in BATT.  I'll refer to the Dash 1 to noodle that logic out.  I also want to set up a few directly wired "maintenance" functions - like a lights test.

Couldn't you use a 12TW1-3D instead of an 11TW1-3D for the switch in the Avionics Panel? There are 6 pins on the back that have 2 separate circuits on that switch. I am holding one right now and just tested it. Use one circuit to connect to the matrix for the sim and the other circuit to power up the MFD's through a relay. That way the switch will not have any voltage going through it and can power the relay on through a ground.
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-keys, Mike's panels, Ribbstick

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2013, 03:27:28 AM »
...DPDT...why didn't I think of that?.. :DOH: ...if the two throws are indeed isolated I won't even need a relay - I can just direct wire.
- Rufus

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2013, 03:53:59 AM »
...DPDT...why didn't I think of that?.. :DOH: ...if the two throws are indeed isolated I won't even need a relay - I can just direct wire.
My first thought was direct wiring, but you made me think of using a relay now.. :whistle:
This would keep 12v wiring from being routed around the pit and potential shorting to ground.

I tried a continuity test on the terminals and they seem to be isolated from each other.
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-keys, Mike's panels, Ribbstick

Offline viper26

• Col.
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2013, 01:04:05 PM »
Can anyone tell me what this distance is?  I apologize if the picture isn't clear for what I'm asking.  I'm looking for the height between the top of the Center Pedestal and the part of the MFD panel that starts making the curve.  Don't know who's picture I'm using for this question....I apologize for not asking but I don't remember who I borrowed this from.  I attempted to point out exactly what I'm asking for.  Thanks.

JJ

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2013, 03:54:02 PM »
JJPIT136008...... Guess who built that pit  :harhar:  NP for using the pics, that's why i post them  ;)

Can you be more specific of the points you want to know?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 04:00:02 PM by JJ »

Offline viper26

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2013, 01:43:55 PM »
JJ thanks for letting me use it...hahaha!  Well in the picture I circled the area that I'm wanting deminsions on.  Also I put a line on the right side to show the same area.  Maybe I need to zoom in?

Offline viper26

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2013, 02:02:29 PM »
 Cut out the area for the MFD screens.

JJ

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2013, 02:54:08 PM »
The measurements you are asking for is not clear enough. Please be more precise and i give you the maesurements.

Offline viper26

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2013, 03:50:12 PM »
JJ i'm sorry my friend.  I have croped the area for you.  I need the height within the yellow bracket where the yellow arrow is pointing.

JJ

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2013, 06:37:15 PM »
it looks like there is a height , but there isn't . It should be connected directly to the CP (Flat). The angle of the top of the CP is the angle of the bottem of the HUD.

Hope this helps.