Grease Monkey's Pit by sagrzmnky
[February 24, 2017, 03:00:16 AM]

Falcon Pit block 52+ from Poland by Ski
[February 23, 2017, 05:53:03 PM]

Henkie's pit by KK
[February 21, 2017, 03:51:04 AM]

F-16 fuselage by simpit
[February 20, 2017, 05:54:18 PM]

Author Topic: BLACK OPS COVERT MISSION COMPLETE,. PRECIOUS CARGO DELIVERED  (Read 35026 times)

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Awards
Re: BLACK OPS COVERT MISSION COMPLETE,. PRECIOUS CARGO DELIVERED
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 03:53:47 PM »
What can I add ???
Mike, I hope you enjoy building up this beauty just the way you want it.
In several pages on my website I shamelessly plug your panels. But then,
where can you get better panels than yours ???! ! !

So, you have helped many of us to realize our dream with great panels,
and we can only be glad we have been able to make a small gesture of our appreciation.

Now, tell me ... did we see a (small) teardrop in your eyes (of joy of course) ???  8)

You only have one obligation now ... PICTURES as you make progress !  :bat:

- Henk

Offline JCook

• General
  • Callsign: "Anger"
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 04:02:07 PM »
Congratulations Mike.

It is wonderful the ViperPits community could show their appreciation in this way for all of your hard work and support.
Thanks to Dunk and Mark and everyone else involved for making this happen.

Looking forward to all your posts (and pictures) as you work on this simulator.

John
Takeoffs are optional...landings are mandatory

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 04:35:56 PM »
I have to also throw in a big salute to Dunk. He has helped me a number of times in the past and in our texts and chats you can tell that he is an honest and nice guy along with a unique talent for his building skills. Hat's off to you Dunk, Thank you.
  I am only posting this because I think a lot of what Dunk does behind the scene goes unnoticed.
 :vprules:
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-keys, Mike's panels, Ribbstick, TM HOTAS

Offline heines

• aviation collector
  • -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 04:46:02 PM »
Congrats and enjoy it :thumbsup:

:vprules:

Offline Papa

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • Brig.General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 05:00:06 PM »
Your a good guy Mike, I know this from my dealings with you.  If anybody is deserving of such a gift it is you.  This is quite a community you have built and fostered and I know it takes a lot of commitment to do it and keep it going.  Now I believe I speak for a lot of our members here that have not met you personally when I say... How 'bout a shot of your mug in that trainer.  It would be nice to put a face with the name.....  Anyway  Enjoy!!!
Luck' is where preparation meets opportunity

Offline rmunson21

• Lt. Col
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 05:19:57 PM »
  For all you do Mike, this gesture is well deserved. I wish I could have been there to see the shock and surprise on your face. Enjoy it. can't wait to see the pictures.

Dunk, we can't forget about you. Your the best man....

Offline Doc_

• Brig.General
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 05:49:25 PM »
It couldn't have gone to a better guy, enjoy it Mike.   Hey this is really cool  KaBar's  Progress Reports.  Can't wait.

Offline Taipan

• General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 06:43:20 PM »
 :beer:
"If the heat don't get you........"

Offline Moose

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • Brig.General
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2013, 08:30:05 PM »
Congrats Mike. Enjoy !

" Do onto others as you would have them do unto you "

Offline jethomasjr

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2013, 08:46:11 PM »
Mike,

Merry Christmas! Since I won't be home for Thanksgiving or Christmas because I am on deployment here in Afghanistan, I hope you enjoy your gift. I've been checking the forum every other day to see if it has arrived. If anyone deserves this, you do. Looking forward to seeing pictures of you sitting in it.

Take care,
Jack Thomas

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2013, 08:47:44 PM »
The Delivery agent, Steve Blevins. Retired Air Force C-130 Pilot and IIRC, American Airlines. He travels the country to airshows with his F-4 simulator, well until the sequester cuts. Very nice gentleman, would have liked to chatted a few hours with him and squeeze the knowledge and tales from the ole school types such as Steve.. :hail: He told me he flew in Jay's simulator a while back at Jay's house with Chris Woodull. He was born in Southern Indiana and resides in West Virginia, a 10 hour drive for him.

Yes, I have Earl's glareshield to take the place of that aluminum shroud.

Guys, this gal has been neglected for a few years now, so she's dusty and tired. No doubt in her day, many an Airman has gone over her gunwalls. She's solid though, no corrosion, just some small spots of rust on some screws and toggle tops, nothing a brass brush won't knock out. I'll get this gal back to prime time, promise!   :vprules:

Here the SSC, I'm not sure if it's real, it feels real, 2 stage trigger and all. Solid, but Arend's FCC and Cougar grip will occupy this spot.

Caution Panel is real, my Caution Panel and Arend's PCB will occupy this spot.

The Honeywell switches are all real, many many of them. The Flat tops all real... great items there huh? I just bought Ole's last flat top for $50 not 2 weeks ago.
The Switch Guards, all real. Knobs, I need to inspect closer, but think they are all real. Gauges are all simulator, some were made without even having glass in them.
The FCP panel is simulated, all switches seem to be real, nice micro type switches with a nice click action. The Dash brow lights are real, missing some indicators on both sides.

Arm Rest is Trainer, functional as the real one, but not as nice. I have a real one to occupy that spot, same with the arm rest.

Master Caution pusher is real. Sweet!

more pics to come..
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 04:21:29 PM by Ka-Bar03 »

Click Above For Information

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2013, 08:50:10 PM »
Jack, I didn't know you were deployed, stay safe!!!

Everyone, thanks!!

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2013, 08:55:20 PM »
Here, the canopy spider, simulated, i have Dunk's excellent reproduction that puts this to shame, it goes here.

LG Panel, simulated as all the panels, you know what replaces these..

Landing gear handle, solid and feels excellent, Down Lock Rel works, no power to check switch solenoid, will do that soon.

Real Geear Lights, wired up to boot.

Peddle adjust , static, same with Alt gear. TWA switches wired and they push...hmmm Same with TWP

Faux pedestal display

Offline Dunk

• Dunk
  • -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • AVIATION SIMULATION GROUP
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2013, 08:59:29 PM »
I know where mike is sleeping tonight. :lolsign:
I love the F-16 Fighting Falcon, the Ferrari F1 of fighter jets.

I love the Viper - a perfect melding of man and machine. 
~Dan Hampton~

http://aviationsimulationgroup.sharepoint.com/Pages/default.aspx

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2013, 09:02:48 PM »
Panels, all simulated, knobs TBD, switches and guards, all real.

Throttle, feels real, but don't know, need to further investigate. Throttle arm, real, complete with arm light, tension wheel work superb!