Wolverine's F16 Block 52 by Wolverine
[December 01, 2017, 02:27:16 AM]

Symulate Cockpit Plans by Symulate
[November 30, 2017, 02:05:26 PM]

BMS 4.33 U4 is here. by Icarus
[November 30, 2017, 03:45:45 AM]

Azul's Pit by Azul
[November 29, 2017, 04:07:10 AM]

Author Topic: BLACK OPS COVERT MISSION COMPLETE,. PRECIOUS CARGO DELIVERED  (Read 45891 times)

Offline Dunk

• Dunk
  • -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • AVIATION SIMULATION GROUP
    • Awards
BLACK OPS COVERT MISSION COMPLETE,. PRECIOUS CARGO DELIVERED
« on: September 12, 2013, 02:23:26 PM »
The Familiarization trainer that was purchased for our Founding Viperpits Father Mike ~Ka-Bar03~ Williams has been delivered and recieved.
PACKAGE IS SECURED.

ADMIN NOTE- see Reply #3 for the forum Announcement, explaining our "BLACK OPS" mission over the past 3 weeks, and showing some early photos of the trainer (before we bought it for Mike)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 12:23:08 AM by Kneeling Warrior »
I love the F-16 Fighting Falcon, the Ferrari F1 of fighter jets.

I love the Viper - a perfect melding of man and machine. 
~Dan Hampton~

http://aviationsimulationgroup.sharepoint.com/Pages/default.aspx

Offline Tulkas

• General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Re: BLACK OPS COVERT MISSION COMPLETE,. PRECIOUS CARGO DELIVERED
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 02:41:59 PM »
 :bouncegroup:

Never a gift was more deserved! Congrats Mike and thanks for Viperpits!

Cheers

Tulkas

P.D: This thread is worthless without pictures!!!

Offline John Fredrik

• Col.
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 02:42:54 PM »
Really good news :yihaw:

How did he take it? Pictures ?
I personally haven't had to much contact with Mike , but there are not mant topics on this forum that not have his name mentioned. No doubt that his influence and dedication to this hobby , have ment a lot to a lot of people in this forum.
He sure do deserve it.

Congrats Mike  :beer:

Mission accomplished.
Best Regards
John Fredrik

Offline Sandman

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 02:52:14 PM »
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
Viperpits Members collaborate to buy an F-16 Trainer for Mike (K-Bar03)
IN APPRECIATION FOR BRINGING US VIPERPITS OVER THE PAST 10 YRS

Background
Ka-Bar03 is listed as member #002 registered on June 11, 2003.  We have seen some amazing F-16 simulator developments since those early days!  Many of those first members can still remember trying to start pit-building from scratch.  Mike founded Viperpanels, a source of realistic F-16 panels and parts that are laser engraved / etched, and has made high resolution pit building possible for many of us.  The Viperpits forum has had fun times, and difficult times, but Mike has been there for us, serving as the primary administrator, and keeping the forum going.

SO... when we learned that Mike was considering buying an F16 trainer for himself, we thought "why don't we get everybody together and just buy it for him- as a thank-you gift?"  It was the perfect way to send our heart-felt thanks to Mike from all of us on Viperpits!

Viperpits Special OP begins
Mike is NOT one to accept gifts like this, so we had to find a way to keep it secret as long as possible until the deal was DONE.  We sent out discrete emails/PMs to many of our regular members inviting them to contribute $25-$100 towards this project.  We didn't want anyone to feel obligated to contribute, so all donations were considered anonymous- no one would know who contributed, nor how much they may have given.  We did not contact members with low post counts, or members that had not been on the forum recently.  In total, over 100 viperpit members contributed $25-100 each, raising sufficient funds to cover the cost of the trainer and most of the shipping charges.  THANK-YOU GUYS, for keeping it secret, for being so quick to respond, and for being so generous with your gifts.  I really appreciated all your kind remarks that you sent, and will pass these on to Mike as anonymous remarks to him.

Special Thanks to Dunk
Special thanks to Dunk (Kneeling Warrior) for tracking down the details on this trainer, and coming up with the idea of buying it as a gift for Mike.  I served as the main communication and "treasurer" for the money transfers.  We had to act quickly to buy the trainer and keep it from Mike as much as possible.  These past 2-3 weeks have been extremely busy in order to make this happen.

Mike's trainer is scheduled for delivery SEPT 12, 2013
The trainer was picked up by Steve Blevins, a good friend of some Viperpits members, and is scheduled for delivery this afternoon.  (Mike is aware he has a special delivery coming).  Steve is someone who regularly takes his dual seat F-4 Phantom simulator trailer to airshows across the country.  (We had met Steve at the Cockpit fest in held in Wichita- he won several awards for his beautiful mobile simulator trailer)

The trainer looks like an early F16A and will need a little work
Here are a few of the original photos we had obtained.  Mike knows the condition of the trainer and was wanting to buy it for himself.  He will have some work to do, cleaning it up, and furnishing it with better panels, but he knows a guy who makes 'em!

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k578/VPSandman/MikesTrainer00_zps72fc8bad.jpg

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k578/VPSandman/MikesTrainer01_zpsac7d4e69.jpg

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k578/VPSandman/MikesTrainer04_zps7fc9a276.jpg

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k578/VPSandman/MikesTrainer02_zps01941110.jpg

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k578/VPSandman/MikesTrainer03_zpsf10a9b0c.jpg

Members can post personal thanks to Mike here on this topic
Please don't flood him with emails or PMs now-  I know he will be overwhelmed with emotion already.  Instead, post it here.  My only restriction, is NO ONE IS TO MENTION IF THEY GAVE, OR HOW MUCH THEY MAY HAVE GIVEN.  We are considering this a community-wide gift FROM EVERYONE, so feel free to post any special "Thank-you" here, even if you didn't have the opportunity to contribute towards the project...

THANKS AGAIN GUYS!
MIKE IS GOING TO LOVE THIS AND WILL THINK OF ALL OF YOU EVERYTIME HE SITS INSIDE IT

We will have a plaque made that Mike can mount on the rear commemorating this Thank-you Gift
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 04:28:42 PM by Sandman »

Offline Sandman

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 02:55:26 PM »
I tried to get this notice posted before everyone started responding... but missed it by a few minutes...  we hope to have some "reaction" photos from Steve Blevins soon.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 06:41:48 PM by Sandman »

Offline Ski

• -=VP Donor=-
  • LT. General
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 02:55:45 PM »
Congrats Mike and Big Thank you for great website. This will be great pit. Looking fwd to see some pictures.
Ski :taz:
Let the fun begin......

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 02:59:00 PM »
Mike, for all you've done and all you do - BIG thank-you... :thumbsup: !

Enjoy the ride!
- Rufus

Offline ulti

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 03:01:40 PM »
Great to hear that the trainer is at mikes place !
I would love to see his face when it arrives  :biggrin:

Mike you deserve it !

Greetings Martin

--> Never fly faster than your guardian angel can <--

FCC-2 Cougar, BMS , EDTrackerPro

My cockpit

Offline BobSlob

• Brig.General
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 03:02:20 PM »
Dibs on Mike's old stuff! Just kidding...  :biggrin:

I'm all seriousness, my limited time here Mike has been great to deal with, well deserved!

Bravo Zulu Mike!

Offline Lento

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 03:05:08 PM »
Congrats Mike and thank you!  :thumbsup:
I am proud to be part of this community!
Well done guys!  :clap:

Max
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 03:11:24 PM by Sandman »

JJ

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 03:05:43 PM »
 :beer: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED   :beer:

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 03:29:10 PM »
So does this mean that our panels will be put on hold so he can work on his own? :D

seriously, congratulations Mike and everyone that kept it hush hush throughout the process.
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-keys, Mike's panels, Ribbstick

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 03:40:17 PM »
No, this meany now he does not Need to work for himself and he now has more time for us  :stupid:

@Congratulations Mike :) Enjoy it  :vprules:

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 03:41:09 PM »
Guy's I am truly humbled by this gesture from all of you. A heartfelt thanks to each everyone here at the forum. I don't feel deserved of such a gift , the forum is a passion just as the hobby is for all of us and I get as much enjoyment as anyone. A special thanks to Dunk, who only Dunk could come up with such an idea. Trust me when I say that Dunk's very nature is of giving and to such a point that those here that have interacted with Dunk over the years have seen it first hand. A select few have seen his nature as a weakness to exploit sadly, which even more reinforces my respect of his caring nature that he continues to put forth the effort to help others when he sees a need arise. A big thanks to Mark for doing the logistics side of the gift, I don't know the details, but I know he is a meticulous individual and I'm sure he lined things up to the very detail. His help here at the forum is tremendous and gives me great sense of security knowing I can be away a few days and things will tic and tock as usual, Kukki and Romanski , kudos for helping to make life easier around here for sure, the admin duties are thankless I know, so a big thank you!!  :beer2:

It's my nature that I was very, very reluctant when I heard of this, I think Dunk had to let the cat out of the bag because he knows my nature and he needed to test the waters. I think we went around about it a few days and he enlisted Mark to call me. I'm sure Mark was a car salesman in another life, but seriously after the call, I felt I needed to touch with Dunk again, in my bullheadedness I think I lost what it really meant to him and also to Mark and the members here that gave to make it happen. I find in my own life acts of giving are so far between that we might lose the true nature of the thought, so of coarse I needed to some time to really react  to what was taking place. I think everyone here can agree the people on the forum are 99% respectful of each other, even in the wild west of the internet, that's really a testament to the people that frequent here and interact. A big thank you to everyone who comes here, because without all of you it would be ...well empty ,right? Also, thanks to Steve Blevin's who Mark mentions above, He packaged this simulator like it was a newborn baby, it took us a half hour to untarp and strap it :) A very nice guy, a life spent in aviation. I think Steve has some pictures to send Dunk to post. I have one of him in the sim. I'll post those later with pictures of the trainer. I went into work at 0400 today so I could meet Steve here before noon, so I think I'll need to take a short nap before pictures. I spent the last hour looking at every inch of the trainer and climbing in and out. I can honestly say I may have a working simulator in my lifetime now, most of you know what I mean. I've been building and hording parts for years now and have parts in every corner of my 2 sheds and shop. With the trainer as a platform which would have taken 100s of hours to produce, it truly was not only a gift of a trainer but a gift of TIME! :D :vprules:  I feel a bit like a kid on Christmas morning ,,really!! 8)

Click Above For Information

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 03:50:42 PM »
Sometimes Santa Klaus comes earlier ...... glad to be part of this great community ... even if i've been idle for a while .....

Good Done !

Strale (Skype: Strale_64)