DTU discussion by Rufus
[October 09, 2017, 12:46:11 PM]

Willy's Pit by Moon
[October 08, 2017, 06:17:00 AM]

DTU by Kukki
[October 06, 2017, 09:03:43 AM]

mcfrag0815's IKEA IVAR-Pit Project by mcfrag0815
[October 04, 2017, 02:24:37 PM]

Author Topic: Faan's pit  (Read 99933 times)

Offline Blaze

• Col.
    • Awards
Re: Faan's pit
« Reply #330 on: May 10, 2017, 12:13:52 PM »
That is one great looking seat!  I really enjoyed looking at the pics.  Your helmet art is fantastic too.  Nice job. :thumbsup:

Blaze

Offline mrwell

• General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #331 on: May 10, 2017, 03:45:58 PM »
Great job, it looks amazing!

Offline Romanski

• Administrator
  • General
  • www.31st.nl
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community
    • Awards
« Reply #332 on: May 11, 2017, 07:07:34 AM »
Very nice Seat Replica , lots of small details which I never saw before in an Replica Seat. Well done.

Romanski
"...Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die!
Won't you run, live to fly, fly to live, Aces high!"

Offline simpit

• Brig.General
  • f16fighter.de
  • VP Awards : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • f16fighter.de
    • Awards
« Reply #333 on: May 11, 2017, 11:12:04 AM »
Great ACES II - very close to the real part  :thumbsup:
Have a nice day

Hans Dieter

Offline Biohazard

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #334 on: May 18, 2017, 07:58:43 AM »
Good looking seat ... but green cushions and flip-up chute container are not "BE MLU compatible"   :whocares:

Bio

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #335 on: May 18, 2017, 08:33:45 AM »
Also in the mail today is my custom painted vizor cover with out virtual sqn logo and my sqn number & nickname.
That is SLICK !!
is it really painted? Does the paint adhere fine to the leather? Is there a commercial company doing this or did you had to pull favours from the real guys source :) ?

If anyone has a source for reasonable priced koch fittings (lap belt, harness & shoulder straps), let me know, it feels a bit unfinished without them.
don't feel bad about that one, they hurt your back when they are on the seat but you don't connect them (i put mine under the cushion) but they hurt anyway. Ideally they would need to be connected, but that means the harness too and i'm not ready to go that far :)

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Focaldesign

• General
  • VP Awards : King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #336 on: May 18, 2017, 08:34:49 AM »
Good looking seat ... but green cushions and flip-up chute container are not "BE MLU compatible"   :whocares:

Bio

I've seen the flip up environmental sensors on active BE MLU's in KeeBee since at least 2014.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 09:57:47 AM by Focaldesign »

Offline Focaldesign

• General
  • VP Awards : King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #337 on: May 18, 2017, 08:40:51 AM »
Also in the mail today is my custom painted vizor cover with out virtual sqn logo and my sqn number & nickname.
That is SLICK !!
is it really painted? Does the paint adhere fine to the leather? Is there a commercial company doing this or did you had to pull favours from the real guys source :) ?

So far yes, it adhere's good. It's a one guy artists but he's available for work yes. Let me know if you want his contact info.

If anyone has a source for reasonable priced koch fittings (lap belt, harness & shoulder straps), let me know, it feels a bit unfinished without them.
don't feel bad about that one, they hurt your back when they are on the seat but you don't connect them (i put mine under the cushion) but they hurt anyway. Ideally they would need to be connected, but that means the harness too and i'm not ready to go that far :)
I am :D
I found a PCU15 with both male & female fittings online, but the price is still too high for me, certainly because I already own a harness.

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #338 on: May 19, 2017, 02:12:11 AM »
I knew you would say that :)

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #339 on: June 16, 2017, 06:40:46 AM »
Spotters day at Tactical Weapon Meet @ EBFS yesterday, organised for the 100 years 1sqn Stingers.
Quick edit I made last night, so not all images available yet (forgot Polish & Greek C-130 for example), but you already get the idea :)

Facebook-album with 50 shots

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Awards
« Reply #340 on: June 16, 2017, 07:58:02 AM »
Hi Faan,

is it possible to have those pictures on another site as well?
I cannot view them, and I will *not* create a FB account, no way that's gonna happen  :taz:

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #341 on: June 16, 2017, 08:04:15 AM »
Hi Faan,

is it possible to have those pictures on another site as well?
I cannot view them, and I will *not* create a FB account, no way that's gonna happen  :taz:

When I find some spare time I'll proces all my pocs and will place a larger Selection on Flickr And my blog.

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Awards
« Reply #342 on: June 16, 2017, 11:21:48 AM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #343 on: June 17, 2017, 02:29:48 PM »
Here you go henkie (and others). All pics at once, some not that special but too tired now to make a good selection :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/focaldesign/albums/72157682191220594

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #344 on: June 17, 2017, 03:05:33 PM »
Really nice photos, Focaldesign... :thumbsup: !
- Rufus