DTU discussion by Rufus
[October 09, 2017, 12:46:11 PM]

Willy's Pit by Moon
[October 08, 2017, 06:17:00 AM]

DTU by Kukki
[October 06, 2017, 09:03:43 AM]

mcfrag0815's IKEA IVAR-Pit Project by mcfrag0815
[October 04, 2017, 02:24:37 PM]

Author Topic: Faan's pit  (Read 99930 times)

Offline Focaldesign

• General
  • VP Awards : King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
Re: Faan's pit
« Reply #300 on: March 08, 2017, 09:23:43 AM »
you must owe your friend that helps out with the panels a fortune by now :biggrin:
Something like that.
He's retired and likes to work in his garage. He's a senior guy in our virtual sqn but not that good with computers so in return I install & update BMS, theaters and BVT-specific items, and give 1-to-1 instructions for new SOP & TOP. And lots of beers of course :D

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #301 on: March 08, 2017, 09:36:52 AM »
ok good deal for both of you then :thumbsup:

Offline Focaldesign

• General
  • VP Awards : King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #302 on: March 14, 2017, 05:26:07 AM »
With all the building and YAME testing actually flying was getting a bit neglected. So luckily I got to participate in the final Red Flag flight. The Simulated Royal Danish Air Force were holding a Red Flag exercise for about a month and our sqn, the BVT, were tasked as Agressors against them.
Here's a take from inside Eagle-Eye's  virtual pit during the last flight last weekend. I'm Shark11 you occasionally here over the comms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6UlBu1nB3Y

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • http://www.employees.org/~bwilliam
    • Awards
« Reply #303 on: March 14, 2017, 02:22:55 PM »
Nice flying Focaldesign.
Beau "Willy" Williamson

I better go find my monkey!

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #304 on: March 14, 2017, 04:03:06 PM »
Got hold of some goodies this week:

* G-suit, just need to repair one leg zipper.

* Parachute raisers for the aces seat. I mean the large ones coming from underneath the chute container above the shoulders, including the metal parts where the smaller straps go through (those that go through the headrest, which I don't yet have)

* CRU-94/P with the flexible hose part (partly broken but can be glued), to replace my CRU-60/P without the flexibel hose. Difference between the two is that the CRU-94/P has a second connector for the CSU-17/P combat edge vest.

* Part of the life preserver vest. Still need the inner part and the part that zips onto my part, which also zips onto the harnas.

* oxygen hose that comes out of the right aux near the oxygen regulator panel and connects to the CRU-94/P

* real BAF F-16 right front glareshield with the SAI frame.

I'm still in doubt wether to keep that glare shield or put it in the classifieds or for trade. It's cool to have a real one, but as I'm building a BAF M6 the left glare shield will be very hard to find and having one part real and another replicated seems strange.
Always open for an offer or parts to trade, ref my wish list http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php/topic,9379.0.html

Edit: some pics added. G-suit, oxy hose still in the car.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 04:12:37 PM by Focaldesign »

Offline roccio

• 1st.LT
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #305 on: March 15, 2017, 11:22:02 AM »
Nice stuff here Focal!
There's only one way out of here. Piece by piece.

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #306 on: March 15, 2017, 04:13:40 PM »
Guys, I have a possible opportunity to buy some older block stuff. No need myself but looking to see if there's interest enough on VP to buy/swap: http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php/topic,10839.msg158925/topicseen.html#new

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #307 on: March 18, 2017, 02:39:36 PM »
Rollers & seat arm switch installed.

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #308 on: March 18, 2017, 03:13:12 PM »
not bad at all :clap:

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #309 on: March 18, 2017, 05:19:26 PM »
Niceness... :thumbsup: !
- Rufus

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #310 on: March 25, 2017, 11:46:48 AM »
Painted the handle from yellow to more realistic color

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Awards
« Reply #311 on: March 25, 2017, 12:26:44 PM »
Indeed, very nice color now  :thumbsup:

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #312 on: March 25, 2017, 02:34:09 PM »
Some more minor details added.

Painted the copper tubes metallic.
Added the safety wire.
Added the press on button straps to hold the seat cushion.
Added the cranck on the bottom left.
Another picture of the changed color of the chute handle.

Next week I'll start adding the rest of the decal stickers.

Now only where to find chute container, the lap belts, straps of the survival kit etc...

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #313 on: March 27, 2017, 03:30:02 PM »
Some more updates.

The metal tube into the shaft has been replicated (only the top part of it, not al the way to the side). The tube is actually 3 beer cans sanded clean, soldered together and repainted :D
Wooden construction is first attempt of a chute container box.
Some decal stickers applied (not all of them yet).

Anyone know where I can find a decal or a (more realistic) metal replica ID plate for the flight data recorder box?
Also still looking for the lap belts with buckles, belts & buckles of the survival kit, and buckles for the parachute risers.

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #314 on: March 31, 2017, 03:45:38 AM »
Got hold of a lot of older block parts.
Selling most of it (see this topic), or willing to trade for stuff I'm still looking for.

I kept the worst stick & throttle cover for myself as I don't use them very often I think the better looking ones deserve to get to someone here.