DTU discussion by Rufus
[October 09, 2017, 12:46:11 PM]

Willy's Pit by Moon
[October 08, 2017, 06:17:00 AM]

DTU by Kukki
[October 06, 2017, 09:03:43 AM]

mcfrag0815's IKEA IVAR-Pit Project by mcfrag0815
[October 04, 2017, 02:24:37 PM]

Author Topic: Faan's pit  (Read 99931 times)

Offline Focaldesign

• General
  • VP Awards : King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
Re: Faan's pit
« Reply #270 on: December 24, 2016, 12:21:23 PM »
There's only 1 correct way to play a Wii game of Disney's Planes...

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #271 on: December 24, 2016, 02:34:18 PM »
That' very cool Faan!

Offline mrwell

• General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #272 on: December 25, 2016, 06:20:06 AM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: Top gun kid!

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Awards
« Reply #273 on: December 25, 2016, 12:35:21 PM »
 :harhar:

Many, many, many years from now you will be remembered as a great fantastic father  :clap:

Offline mcfrag0815

• Major
  • Rookie
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #274 on: December 25, 2016, 08:10:19 PM »
There's only 1 correct way to play a Wii game of Disney's Planes...

This is AWESOME  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #275 on: December 26, 2016, 05:02:28 AM »
SUPER COOL, new little fighter pilot  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Focaldesign

• General
  • VP Awards : King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #276 on: December 26, 2016, 01:25:44 PM »
Prototype of the throttle.
The pinky lever is the version of @Rabbit, which I bought from @henkie. The throttle arm is 3D printed by @chnil71.

It's just a tryout with my spare throttle to see if and how we'll make it work.

The potmeter isn't attached but there's a hole drilled into the side so the wire can go through into the original base. When we make the final version I will use my main throttle that has a hall sensor instead.

We've attached a small plastic piece on top to hold the pinky lever mechanism in place. Normally it works fine as it came, but the possible upward motion needed for the AB detent was annoying without a rail guide and I kept lifting unintentionally when moving forward & backwards. So for now the extra piece makes it unable to move upwards without depressing the pinky lever.

To our surprise the original wiring of the throttle was long enough to go through the arm and to reattach to the original PCB.

I'll need to add some counterweight on the bottom because without a rail guide the heavy metal pinky lever and the throttle itself way too much so when leaving it forward at mil power, it drops into full AB by gravity.

The side part is bolted onto it but can be moved up or down. Depending on how my final left console will be built, we can still decide how low/high the base will be so we can adjust later on. Once the final turn circle is known, we can attempt to make a draft of a rail guide too and attach my correct throttle with MLU comm switch & cursor spider.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 03:35:57 PM by Focaldesign »

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #277 on: December 26, 2016, 02:16:05 PM »
That is rather a surprise on the cable length... :notes: ...hope mine is similar..!
- Rufus

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #278 on: February 17, 2017, 10:55:33 AM »
The guy who makes my collection of parts into assembled panels has now taken on the challenge of the Aces seat.

The seat was purchased from @87th Blade a few months back. You've seen it pass by with my son on it wearing the HGU-55 playing Wii Planes game :)
After collecting some real parts like an ejection seat (no idea anymore where I got that one), oxygen bottle and harness lock handle (@Greyfox); and the decal set (@Aeyes); it's now time to see what we can make out of it.

First preliminary progress: made a combo of wood & metal for the FDR, and now attaching the oxygen bottle.

Offline spillone104

• 1st.LT
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #279 on: February 20, 2017, 04:59:36 PM »
Hi Faan!

Is the tracker still going strong?

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #280 on: February 20, 2017, 05:43:23 PM »
Hi Faan!

Is the tracker still going strong?

Sure is!

Offline spillone104

• 1st.LT
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #281 on: February 21, 2017, 01:53:51 PM »
Ah cool, good to hear!!

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #282 on: February 24, 2017, 06:33:01 AM »
Update on the seat:
1/ you can't tell on the photo but the needle of the emergency oxygen pressure indicator has been fixed to the full position even though it's empty in reality.
2/ emergency oxygen bottle hoses and fake connector in place
3/ emergency oxygen green ring installed and connected to the emergency oxygen bottle.
4/ seat arming lever in progress

Side project:
Made 2 stickers to upgrade my external hard drives to flight data recorders :)

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #283 on: February 24, 2017, 07:25:26 AM »
Hey Faan I see you "pimped up" your chair a bit  :D

Offline mrwell

• General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #284 on: February 24, 2017, 12:52:02 PM »
the needle of the emergency oxygen pressure indicator has been fixed to the full position even though it's empty in reality.

How did you do that?

Great job, I'll copy about the HDD hehe  :beer2: