ICP BACKPLATES US AND NATO VERSIONS by Kukki
[June 23, 2017, 10:52:21 AM]

ACES II - SEATBACK IN 1 MM. ALU. by Kukki
[June 23, 2017, 10:43:03 AM]

HUDCAM by Kukki
[June 23, 2017, 10:36:15 AM]

HUDBLOCK FLOODLIGHT BRACKET by Kukki
[June 23, 2017, 10:31:30 AM]

Author Topic: Red Dog's pit - I finally started  (Read 718081 times)

Offline CobaltUK

• Col.
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: Red Dog's pit - I finally started
« Reply #1200 on: July 15, 2013, 03:01:02 PM »
Thanks...  I will look for other sources in that case

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #1201 on: August 31, 2013, 07:01:07 PM »
RD
535 more views to break 200,000 you must have done something right!! I still look at your pit all the time.

JJ

« Reply #1202 on: August 31, 2013, 07:03:58 PM »
And Raymond already 178.000   Top Guns of VP :)  :thumbsup:

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #1203 on: August 31, 2013, 08:35:05 PM »
Someone has to get there first. RD got a plaque for 100k, Ray and I didnt even get noticed. You deserve another one for 200K. Olivier, you are the King! For all the FNG's you should read this thread in it's entirety. There are so many things you can learn that will save you big chunks of time out of your life. I admit that I get frustrated when I read a question from a member that has been answered if they just read the forum. These build threads are one of our best resources. I know I keep saying it but when I joined I literally read every post in every thread. It was drinking from a firehose but I feel I took a big leap ahead on how to approach building a pit by reading this thread, Jay's, Ray's... I could go on and on. Sadly some of the best are now gone due to the lunacy of...well I won't bring it up here.
   I'll say again a big thanks to you, Olivier for sharing the techniques and many pics that were such a HUGE help to me in the beginning and all throughout my build. it really never ends though, does it? I look forward to getting an email notice that you have a new post in your build thread.
   Some of you may not realize that RD is a beta tester for BMS and one of the best contributors to making it what it is today.

JJ

« Reply #1204 on: September 01, 2013, 03:07:39 PM »
Amen

Offline Tulkas

• General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #1205 on: September 01, 2013, 03:49:24 PM »
Back in 2006 I discovered Viperpits looking for information to put together a few buttons to make an ICP to fly Falcon. Then I saw this damned thread.

Shit! This guy is building a F16 cockpit with MDF and it looks totally real!!! I want to do that too!!!! The rest is history  ;D

Not to mention the charts, BMS dash 1, IFR manual, weapons range, etc... all that has really taken Falcon to a absolute new level for many of us! For the 200K a propose not a plaque but a momument  ;D

Cheers

Tulkas

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #1206 on: September 03, 2013, 05:05:46 AM »
Thanks Dave :)
All has been done with real pleasure trying to repay the debt the even older heads offered me when I needed it.
If the new guys take over that philosophy I'll be the happiest builder around :)

I think the view count have been messed up with one of the past forum crash.
I still look at the 100K plaque quite often with a touch of pride. I have been honored  enough with that very nice present a few years ago and I wish that the honour is made to another great builder on this forum for the 200.000 view hit.

So just consider my thread as "display only" and let it go unnoticed like your and Ray's 100.000 hits

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Raider

• Col.
    • VIPER WING
    • Awards
« Reply #1207 on: September 03, 2013, 05:59:20 AM »
[...]

Not to mention the charts, BMS dash 1, IFR manual, weapons range, etc... all that has really taken Falcon to a absolute new level for many of us! For the 200K a propose not a plaque but a momument  ;D

This is awesome. Red Dog, you don't realize the real influence of your work. You are changing people's lifes. I am not sure I'd get where I am with this hobby if not several e-mails exchanged with you years ago. You never ignored any one of them, even though you must receive a LOT of questions :) Thank you for the GREAT, GREAT job, man. You are one of this community's icons.
I agree regarding the monument! :)

Raider
F-16 cockpit simulator frames and full simulators + ACES seat + Viper Curved Screen:  VIPERWING.com   |   www.f-16.EU

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #1208 on: September 03, 2013, 12:42:06 PM »
Thanks Raider, I'll take one of your cockpit kits for demonstration purposes :)
you can sign it :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 01:06:04 PM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

JJ

« Reply #1209 on: September 03, 2013, 12:44:59 PM »
@Red Dog, can you publice a pic of the reward you received for 100.000 views ?

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #1210 on: September 03, 2013, 01:04:37 PM »
Page 55, early 2008:

« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 06:14:41 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

JJ

« Reply #1211 on: September 03, 2013, 01:10:02 PM »
That's realy nice !! You earned it !  Keep up the good work for all of us  :thumbsup:

Offline Raider

• Col.
    • VIPER WING
    • Awards
« Reply #1212 on: September 03, 2013, 04:21:01 PM »
Thanks Raider, I'll take one of your cockpit kits for demonstration purposes :)
you can sign it :)

;D I'll keep that in mind!  :notes:

Raider
F-16 cockpit simulator frames and full simulators + ACES seat + Viper Curved Screen:  VIPERWING.com   |   www.f-16.EU

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #1213 on: September 13, 2013, 10:30:22 PM »
Yea, sorry guys, not unnoticed..lack of time and the forum had long ago outpaced the single admin load.... I have some helpers now and we will do a better job of tracking things and following through. 200k, well..how do we top that one? another plaque? Will a star work?  ;) You're right Olivier, I think the view count is more and the reset screwed it. The admin will review the view counts and award accordingly. We also will discuss if there are other categories etc.. we can recognise. Apologies to all for not getting awards to the deserved guys, we will do better..

Edit:to clarify, this response if for Nigel and Raymond and other also

Someone has to get there first. RD got a plaque for 100k, Ray and I didnt even get noticed. You deserve another one for 200K. Olivier, you are the King! For all the FNG's you should read this thread in it's entirety. There are so many things you can learn that will save you big chunks of time out of your life. I admit that I get frustrated when I read a question from a member that has been answered if they just read the forum. These build threads are one of our best resources. I know I keep saying it but when I joined I literally read every post in every thread. It was drinking from a firehose but I feel I took a big leap ahead on how to approach building a pit by reading this thread, Jay's, Ray's... I could go on and on. Sadly some of the best are now gone due to the lunacy of...well I won't bring it up here.
   I'll say again a big thanks to you, Olivier for sharing the techniques and many pics that were such a HUGE help to me in the beginning and all throughout my build. it really never ends though, does it? I look forward to getting an email notice that you have a new post in your build thread.
   Some of you may not realize that RD is a beta tester for BMS and one of the best contributors to making it what it is today.
Thanks Dave :)
All has been done with real pleasure trying to repay the debt the even older heads offered me when I needed it.
If the new guys take over that philosophy I'll be the happiest builder around :)

I think the view count have been messed up with one of the past forum crash.
I still look at the 100K plaque quite often with a touch of pride. I have been honored  enough with that very nice present a few years ago and I wish that the honour is made to another great builder on this forum for the 200.000 view hit.

So just consider my thread as "display only" and let it go unnoticed like your and Ray's 100.000 hits

Click Above For Information

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #1214 on: November 19, 2013, 05:27:32 AM »
it's been a while i didn't add anything to the pit but lately i got a request from a friend to build a quick and dirty desktop cockpit.
having a couple pairs of TM MFD and the old USB keyboard from Pi Engineering as ICP, i agreed to give it a quick build.

the stuff is really simple and took me no more than a weekend's work. it's all MDF (8 and 3mm)
the idea was to simply provide 2 MFDs (TM), an ICP and by using a Logitech G15, a screen for the DED.
That was all required items for this small desktop pit.

It was nice to be back into building for a week end :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 06:14:54 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog