ACESII - Kneeguards by Kukki
[March 19, 2017, 12:22:52 PM]

Spyder by Red Dog
[March 19, 2017, 08:09:50 AM]

ACESII - Seat rollers by Kukki
[March 18, 2017, 05:51:56 PM]

Faan's pit by Rufus
[March 18, 2017, 05:19:26 PM]

Author Topic: Red Dog's pit - I finally started  (Read 670854 times)

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Lightning's Tools
    • Awards
Re: Red Dog's pit - I finally started
« Reply #945 on: January 15, 2009, 11:57:06 AM »
Since having the EHSI, I praise David (for the idea) and Danny (for his software) and ray's (for sharing his bezel info) aloud anytime I sucessfully intercept a radial  :roll:
that's why I'm always a little bit late lowering the gears. Can't lower it while my arms are up in the air
LMAO!   Both solutions look really great.  I am going with the 3.5" approach too, mainly so that I won't have to modify my real CP.  For me, that more than makes up for the higher cost of the screen. 

Also, the resolution is really high on those little 3.5's from AvionicsLCD (higher than on most 5" screens even!), which was another deciding factor for me, since I'm implementing terrain visualization, moving map, and some synthetic vision functionality in addition to the basic navigation display modes. 

Offline AiRdAncE

• Kim - was lost but then found ;)
  • Administrator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • My Foundry for cast metal replica items
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #946 on: January 15, 2009, 02:51:52 PM »
RD,

Are you mad at me now ?  :-[
Life is what you make of it.

---------------------------------
Cast aluminum and brass replica cockpit items
www.castcrafter.com

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #947 on: January 15, 2009, 03:00:54 PM »
 :go:
Yeah I won't talk to you again before 22.00  :harhar:

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline AiRdAncE

• Administrator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #948 on: January 15, 2009, 03:05:27 PM »
:go:
Yeah I won't talk to you again before 22.00  :harhar:
OUCH ! Please let the hurting STOP !!   :hangman: :realsick:

www.castcrafter.com

Offline Tulkas

• General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #949 on: January 16, 2009, 05:40:38 AM »
Red Dog, if you still have the 5" TV-output maybe I am interested in buying one of them for my RWR. I understood they are ok, just problems working with your ridge, right?

By the way, I notice the TFT fit better in my CP if I place it up-side-down, is it possible to turn 180 the  HSI with FalconGauges?

And now, if you allow me a small kidnapping of your thread I have to ask something to Ray:

The 5 " TFT is actualy 1 mm behind the alu frontplate, just enough space for the wires of the encoders.

Raymond

Can you tell me what encoders you used and where to find them? I need something very tiny that fits in the HSI bezzel and doesn't stick out on the back side. Thanks!

Cheers

Tulkas
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 05:49:52 AM by Tulkas »

Offline Rayman

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #950 on: January 16, 2009, 08:36:11 AM »

And now, if you allow me a small kidnapping of your thread I have to ask something to Ray:

Can you tell me what encoders you used and where to find them? I need something very tiny that fits in the HSI bezzel and doesn't stick out on the back side. Thanks!

Cheers

Tulkas

Hi Tulkas, lets stop hijacking Red Dog's thread. You can find my HSI solution here:
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=1062.420
The encoders are from RS (online), the left one: ALPS STEC11B08, the right one ALPS STEC11B04, the right one is with a switch in it, which is used for brightness adjust.

Offline fyreb0t

• Maj. General
  • ...servo ut frequentatio videlicet.....
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #951 on: January 26, 2009, 10:46:53 AM »
hi red dog, i hav only 1 problem wit u; i want your pit!!!   :taz:  arrgh........... sorry about.
u hav a beautiful pit.

fyrb0t
the fire netBot <<-- (brainDead/ _liveFire_/ goodKill) angelHigh banditLow: sea the harrier
"οὐδὲν τοῖς θαρροῦσιν ἀνάλωτον" plutarch

Offline AiRdAncE

• Administrator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #952 on: January 26, 2009, 01:43:38 PM »
hi red dog, i hav only 1 problem wit u; i want your pit!!!   :taz:  arrgh........... sorry about.
u hav a beautiful pit.

fyrb0t

What's up with your keyboard ? It drops a couple of letters each word you type !

www.castcrafter.com

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #953 on: January 26, 2009, 02:48:55 PM »
Really nice RD, but I hate your Mark Becon light.
I might hae a real one, but with the landing gear light head, but the real Mark Becon head you can then wish for :-)

Ill take a look.

Kukki
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #954 on: January 27, 2009, 03:49:26 AM »
It's an epidemy ... Kukki has some letters missing too :)

I'm sorry Kukki, I don't understand what you're saying :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 04:01:19 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Online KK

• General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #955 on: January 27, 2009, 04:40:58 AM »
I'm sorry Kukki, I don't understand what you're saying

Kukki was trying to say something like: I once had a fingerlicking original real deal
spotless MARKER BEACON LIGHT and I accidently sold it to someone
who I can't remember who it was (come on D... ) and now I'm
desperately looking for another top as I still have the base for it .... .....

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #956 on: January 27, 2009, 04:43:17 AM »
Nope, i think he said he might have a real one for me and he's looking if he finds it back  :-P

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #957 on: January 27, 2009, 04:47:19 AM »
I'm sorry Kukki, I don't understand what you're saying

Kukki was trying to say something like: I once had a fingerlicking original real deal
spotless MARKER BEACON LIGHT and I accidently sold it to someone
who I can't remember who it was (come on D... ) and now I'm
desperately looking for another top as I still have the base for it .... .....

Gentlemen I have got the mark Becon head, took me over a year to locate it again, as I accidently sold the 4 I had.

What I want to say to you RD is that if you need the original Light for the mark becon light I have one (its the same as the JFS, EPU run light and the 3 landing gear lights) BUT I have only the head as the run lights have. I have not any spare Mark becon heads.

It was just if you wanted a real light there RD, and someday the head will show up and its just
shifting it then.

Hope you understand.

Kukki
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #958 on: January 27, 2009, 05:18:23 AM »

Ray uses a 5 inch display which is behind the CP and he had to cut through the wood CP. Then he placed his EHSI bezel on top of the opening.
I don't really like that because I feel the difference between the top of the bezel and the screen is too deep.

You're wrong there Olivier, the top of the CP is from 1,5 mm aluminium, so the display is very close to the bezel!
The 5 " TFT is actualy 1 mm behind the alu frontplate, just enough space for the wires of the encoders.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b58/RGPeters/EHSIon.jpg
Red Dog's pit - I finally started

The space between the TFT and the bezel is no problem at all.

The TV-out works perfect with mine and Danny's and is A LOT cheaper than a VGA (paid only $ 50,- for it...)

But i like the 3.5" also a lot !

It's great that we share our ideas and solutions on the forum, so there's always a solution that fits the need.

Raymond
Hey Kukki!
I think you mean Rayman's Marker Beacon, don't you? RD's looks real to me. I have a real lamp with no head so if he doesn't want it, I'll take it.
Warmly lit regards,
Nigel

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #959 on: January 27, 2009, 05:22:19 AM »
Yep I think Nigel's  right

Here's mine actually:

Looks good enough for me so I don't need a replacement, but thanks for the offer Kukki :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 03:32:53 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog