Azul's Pit by Azul
[July 13, 2017, 05:46:49 AM]

HUDBLOCK STICKER SET by Kukki
[July 10, 2017, 05:06:50 PM]

mcfrag0815's IKEA IVAR-Pit Project by Boomer
[July 10, 2017, 03:31:14 AM]

Falcon Pit block 52+ from Poland by mac.pel
[July 09, 2017, 01:38:50 PM]

Author Topic: Red Dog's pit - I finally started  (Read 729647 times)

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
Re: Red Dog's pit - I finally started
« Reply #915 on: October 01, 2008, 05:27:38 PM »
geez AD, Credit lyonnais is french, here it's Belgium for the time being at least :)
And that's not a real rudder, it's a RS rudder and it will plug right through the Cougar

Clement, yeah I have a nice place for it  :harhar: It just doesn't fit but nothing a saw can't fix  :D

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline 101-Douxx

• You shall never fail... If you do! Try harder.
  • -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • You shall never fail... If you do! Try harder!!!!!
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • 101-Douxx's squadron Website
    • Awards
« Reply #916 on: October 01, 2008, 06:20:00 PM »
Where did you get it?
I taught RS was not producing them for the simmer now-a-day!
Is it second hand or directly fom the company?

Me want one too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You shall never fail... If you do... Try harder!!! ;)

Stephane "Douxx" Bourdouxhe
101ECV-QAF
Owner of Cougar#5795 ?2NXT#197
Cougar#4276 RibbStick#29
Cougar#11527 Stock
Simped F-16+
Cockpit site

Offline Killratio

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #917 on: October 01, 2008, 09:59:17 PM »
Do you guys know what is the best way to vent frustration ?

BA$^#&D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lolsign:
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:

AND
[url=http://s24.photobucket.com/user/Ki

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #918 on: October 02, 2008, 03:47:20 AM »
Well, since that rudder has been produced by RS, I have been whipping myself for not buying one initially (not that I had the cash at the time though)
So when a friend of mine wanted to sell his, well I just couldn't resist and got it
That guy was very kind with me regarding the price considering the demand for such a thing.  :-*

BA$^#&D
Agreed  :viking:

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Killratio

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #919 on: October 02, 2008, 03:57:11 AM »
RD,

Seriously, congrats...what a great pickup!!!

D
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:

AND
[url=http://s24.photobucket.com/user/Ki

Offline Nutty

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • LT. General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • FlyFoxy.com
    • Awards
« Reply #920 on: October 02, 2008, 05:01:56 AM »
Well, since that rudder has been produced by RS, I have been whipping myself for not buying one initially (not that I had the cash at the time though)

Yup - I continue to kick myself that I didn't pick up one of these when I had the opportunity. Oh well.

Well done RD ;)

Nutty

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #921 on: October 04, 2008, 07:27:05 AM »
The rudder is placed in the pit and I had the luck to be able to interface the pedal adjust handle. I stored the cable inside the CP and by deploying it, I was kindly surprised that the distance matches and I could easily interconnect the handle and the rudder.
Only problem is that I couldn't locate the imperial bolt to screw on the cable which seem to end with a thread. So I had to use the closest metric I had and triple it. No pretty but it works fine

So if one of you tall guys one to come and try the pit, at least we can adjust the rudder  :harhar:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 03:33:48 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline bnepethomas

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #922 on: October 07, 2008, 08:30:46 AM »
Hi Olivier

Pretty sure during one of your start up videos, it looked like you press a test switch which light up indicators and played a couple of the warning alarms.  Was that some custom code or something I've missed in OF. Thought the Test Panel didn't have any active switches?

Ta

Peter

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #923 on: October 07, 2008, 08:52:21 AM »
It must be the Mal&Ind test. That's the only function implemented on the OF test panel. It's there since SP3 or 4 I don't remember
The callback is called SimMalIndLights
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 08:55:30 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline TOR

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #924 on: October 07, 2008, 01:37:54 PM »
Hey RD!

Congrats on that catch... totally excellent mate - I?m all laughing on you?r behalf  :bounce2:

With regards to the pedal-adjustment-part.... any chance you could find time to elaborate how you made it work - preferrably in another thread of course. Very interesting!!!

Lot?s of words and pictures to do so I?d guess, but would make a nice "article" on the subject.

Cheers,

GUN

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #925 on: October 07, 2008, 04:56:31 PM »
Well Gun, this is really no rocket science
I took the real pedal adjust handle plus cable I had stowed in building the wood CP, I unstowed the cable from the CP and with a huge bit of luck, the distance matched  :D for once
So I just connected the cable to the RS part designed to received it and done. The hardest was to find a way to replace the imperial nut I can't source

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

DeeBee80

« Reply #926 on: November 02, 2008, 05:35:03 AM »
Wow, Red Dog your pit looks ace! I really wanna start on a pit, but im not sure i have the techie knowledge for it.  :-\

IS there anywhere where you can buy them for not stupid bucks?

Also anyone here from UK?

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #927 on: November 05, 2008, 01:46:52 PM »
no bits, mate
Homemade (ucc) programming to make it work just for the fun of having it included in the ramp start procedure
It's bogus but I am addicted to the sound of those magswitches flipping back into position  :wacko:

Mate,
as i have also the great UCC.. you have to explain me how to ! LOL
I do LOVE too the sound of those switches flipping off !
Then ... if i don't have any trouble to light up the FAIL lndicator i need more info on what's the indicator behavior when all is running
i linked the FLCS indicator on the 5module 10Function to the FLCS output on the ELEC Panel and looking also at the real startup video it seem to be ok .... but it's not clear to me how the BIT works does it light up both indicators and then the indicator switches off when the bit procedure is ended ..... and the RUN green light .... is it ON when the FLCS is working ? or it's OFF ?
Thanks for any update on this.
Cheers
Davide
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 01:51:15 PM by Strale »
Strale (Skype: Strale_64)

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #928 on: November 06, 2008, 04:11:34 AM »
Thanks DeeBee, they are some Brit here, not as many as the Dutch guys  :-P
what do you want to buy? full pits for cheap? I don't think you can find one unless you're lucky to get a second hand one (if that was your question)

Davide,
Well, first I have a slighly different UCC than yours with some prototype projects in :)

In the real bird, the green RUN light comes on when the BIT is running. Internally you don't see anything except a specific MFD page which we don't have in F4. Externally, the flight controls moves in a specific sequence.
When the bit is complete (about 45sec) the switch snap OFF and you've got two possibility:
1. the bit was sucessfull and nothing more is required => the RUN light go OFF
2. the bit FAILED and in this case, the RUN LIGHT is OFF and the FAIL light comes ON.

So to answer your question, the RUN light comes ON only when the BIT test is running.
With an external circuit, it may be possible to activate a logic system staying true for 45sec to power the coil and the RUN light for 45 secs. No way to simulate a FAIL bit with OF though.
A bit overkill for something mainly eye candy and used in Ramp start only to pass the time during INS alignement :)

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline MicaGR

• Col.
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #929 on: January 09, 2009, 05:39:11 AM »
Dear Red Dog

I am new in this forum and I have to say that your topic Red Dog's pit is the first i have seen and watching again and again...
It's amazing... perfect...  :clap: :clap: :clap:

I want to ask a favor cause i am not that good...well i DON'T have any IDEA how to make a viper pit... :stupid: and i am looking to buy a ready one... so i can screw it up connect it to my computer and ready...

Is there a link or someone who i can buy a pit? :vprules: