Henkie's pit by Kukki
[August 12, 2017, 12:08:54 PM]

Upcoming parts by henkie
[August 11, 2017, 12:06:17 PM]

F-16 fuselage by simpit
[August 07, 2017, 06:57:34 AM]

Wralex's F16 pit v2.0 by henkie
[August 07, 2017, 03:30:32 AM]

Author Topic: Red Dog's pit - I finally started  (Read 746587 times)

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
Re: Red Dog's pit - I finally started
« Reply #900 on: September 21, 2008, 01:32:27 PM »
Not sure I had a chance to post a picture of the latest work on the left console extension.
It's now complete. TRim panel was relocated, FLCS panel added, TEST panel added but not at the real place (instead of the ECM panel) and Defog handle added as well
I just forgot to paint the aluminium fail Dzus rail in black
All switches there are regular electronic switches with painted resin caps.
The FLCS reset is a real one and the FLCS bit is a magnetic switch functionnal thanks to the UCC

The Dzus are fakes one from Dunk. For you European having bought a few, you'll need to find M3.5 conical screw to go in there
M4 are too large and don't go in, M3 are too small. M3.5 is perfect but harder to get  :(

I also added some stickers. Those are normally found on the canopy sills but I found some other places
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 03:34:14 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline AiRdAncE

• Kim - was lost but then found ;)
  • Administrator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • My Foundry for cast metal replica items
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #901 on: September 21, 2008, 02:54:47 PM »
Excellent progress ! Your pit is always a joy to look at... inspirational and the kind of level I aspire for my own ;)
Life is what you make of it.

---------------------------------
Cast aluminum and brass replica cockpit items
www.castcrafter.com

Offline heines

• aviation collector
  • -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #902 on: September 21, 2008, 04:18:54 PM »
very nice RD  :thumbsup:
and yes , a joy to watch

keep it up ;D

Offline 101-Douxx

• You shall never fail... If you do! Try harder.
  • -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • You shall never fail... If you do! Try harder!!!!!
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • 101-Douxx's squadron Website
    • Awards
« Reply #903 on: September 21, 2008, 07:43:58 PM »

... and the FLCS bit is a magnetic switch functionnal thanks to the UCC ...

What is the bit in the Falcon mem?
I have some mag switch I don't know what to do with!
I guess one just found it's rightfull place....  :cheerleader:

Great pit as usual, very inspirationnal.
Mine is getting closer and closer but not with the same worksmanship!

Great job! :thumbsup:
You shall never fail... If you do... Try harder!!! ;)

Stephane "Douxx" Bourdouxhe
101ECV-QAF
Owner of Cougar#5795 ?2NXT#197
Cougar#4276 RibbStick#29
Cougar#11527 Stock
Simped F-16+
Cockpit site

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #904 on: September 22, 2008, 06:18:16 AM »
no bits, mate
Homemade (ucc) programming to make it work just for the fun of having it included in the ramp start procedure
It's bogus but I am addicted to the sound of those magswitches flipping back into position  :wacko:

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline mihi4

• General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • http://www.f16simulator.net
    • Awards
« Reply #905 on: September 23, 2008, 03:43:41 AM »
I am addicted to the sound of those magswitches flipping back into position  :wacko:
:) Who isn't? ;)
Michi "MiHi" Hirczy
www.f16simulator.net

Offline Peten

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #906 on: September 23, 2008, 09:09:49 AM »
Thanks Squid,

Fighting on two fronts, installing and configuring the video card and the new screen and making it fit.
Piece of advice: Do it when you build your CP, no after like this very fool  :wacko:

It's too tight. I'm not sure I can place it behind the woodwork. Can't dig into the wodd from the surface either (the main screen eats to much place)
So I think I'll have to make a casing in plastic for both the HSI bezel and the blank left plate. Lots of low points doing this but I'm not sure I have the choice

RD,

I am about to build my CP from aluminum. I have the same LCD as yours but I still don't have the 5" LCD.
Any good tips how to build the CP so everything will fit? Can you summaries all the changes you did back from Jason's originals plan?

Thanks,
Asi

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #907 on: September 23, 2008, 09:24:28 AM »
sure Asi,

Wait till you have your 5'' is the best advice I can give you. It's much easier to do the CP around the two screens than trying to fit the 5" after the CP is built.

- Add 3mm on the left and 3mm on the right side (from Jason's plans)
- delete the small 3mm wide plates that go between the top of the CP and the MFD support (that will give back your 6mm)
- Leave the HSI & vent centred
- Make sure you 10.4 don't go too low so it doesn't conflict with the 5" room you need

I had to thin the innards of the CP on the whole length where the screen touches, that's obvious is the picture above. You probably won't need to do that with aluminium though. Just make a rail of some sort for the screen to rest in.
I also had to cut some aluminium frame of the 10.4, but that was mainly to fit te real HSI which is now histrory

I hope that helps

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #908 on: September 23, 2008, 05:58:08 PM »
Olivier, did you sort out the 5" problem, does it fire up ok?

Click Above For Information

Offline Peten

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #909 on: September 30, 2008, 07:40:08 PM »
Thanks Olivier.
Since the 5" will not be arriving soon  :D, can you post the dimensions,
so I can build a mock up to try it on.

Asi

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #910 on: October 01, 2008, 08:58:41 AM »
Nope Mike, the 5inch is not operational yet... still having problems
But I get the EL sheets today  :clap:

Asi, the dims of the 5 inch are 94.1 x 117.1 x 7.6 all in mm

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #911 on: October 01, 2008, 12:42:51 PM »
Do you guys know what is the best way to vent frustration ?

Spend an awful lot of pit money :outof:

EL sheets and a new rudder the same day.. some work ahead
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 03:34:31 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline GunMan

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Aerodream
    • Awards
« Reply #912 on: October 01, 2008, 03:03:31 PM »
Holy s*** ! WOW !

That's an awesome part you got here. Hope it will find a good place in your pit :)

Offline AiRdAncE

• Kim - was lost but then found ;)
  • Administrator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • My Foundry for cast metal replica items
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #913 on: October 01, 2008, 03:56:18 PM »
Did you rob the Credit Lyonnais ??

Man RD, that's one awesome purchase ! Aren't you glad you got yourself some PHCC boards now ? Those are relatively easy to hook up with PHCC (http://forums.varxec.net/index.php?t=msg&goto=1060&rid=0&srch=lvdt#msg_1060) :D
Life is what you make of it.

---------------------------------
Cast aluminum and brass replica cockpit items
www.castcrafter.com

Offline Rayman

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #914 on: October 01, 2008, 05:08:17 PM »
 :o Congrats RD, those are absolutely beautiful!!

And Kim, i think it was Fortis.....