Salaxi54's pit progress by salaxi54
[January 19, 2017, 07:21:47 AM]

270 degree Full Aluminium Screen setup by Kukki
[January 19, 2017, 06:45:59 AM]

Kukki´s Pit v.5.0 by raptor
[January 18, 2017, 06:47:02 PM]

Albert's F-16 Block 52 pit by Boomer
[January 18, 2017, 04:15:56 PM]

Author Topic: Red Dog's pit - I finally started  (Read 644709 times)

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
Re: Red Dog's pit - I finally started
« Reply #885 on: September 08, 2008, 09:35:37 AM »
Any idea where I can look Eric to try to solve that one?

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

tango44

« Reply #886 on: September 08, 2008, 12:49:43 PM »
Not sure really given my novice programming skills.  Try the new version I sent you and we'll take it from there.  FalconGauges is the first program I've ever made in opengl so it's a learn as you go type situation.

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #887 on: September 08, 2008, 01:09:24 PM »
Thanks Eric, will try

When I dragged it back on the right of the main screen (on Desktop properties dialog), the problem was solved.

Nope, worth a try but didn't do any good. Falcongauge on the right and I get the same problem

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline sugarmate

• Lt. Col
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Johnnakis Myspace profile
    • Awards
« Reply #888 on: September 08, 2008, 01:35:28 PM »
Sorry to hear that... Let's hope the new Falcongauges version doesn't have this issue...

tango44

« Reply #889 on: September 08, 2008, 01:46:36 PM »
Did ghost write his HSI stuff in openGL?  perhaps he can explain to me what he did and i can add it to FG4.0?  Like I said with my limited programming skills I might not fully understand what he's talking about.

Offline thebeev

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • LT. General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #890 on: September 08, 2008, 02:53:19 PM »
Here I come again :)

Can you guys guess there's some wood cutting ahead
I'm getting ready to plug the 5 inch for the HSI in my CP

No idea if that PCIE1x will be up to the job of driving the HSI, but I'll figure soon enough :)

I'm excited  :D

Hey RD,

Where did you end up finding that PCIE 1X card?

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #891 on: September 09, 2008, 03:57:13 AM »
Well I hunted it on ebay for about 2 months, checking every 4 days. Then I found it in the UK. The seller was www.envizage.com
I had found it also out of ebay in UK, but the companies I sent request to never bothered to answer, same with the Korean company manufacturing them, no answer
So far, except the above problem with Falcongauge (which I don't think at all is coming from the video card) the card has been working fine and giving me excellent result

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Reboot

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #892 on: September 09, 2008, 10:12:11 AM »
Hi RD.

Did you try the 5? screen on another card, maybe an ATI. To se if that is OK
I believe both the card and screen are ok    just a mater of finding the right solution.
I hope this works out for you, after all the hard work finding the right card and screen.

All the best Reboot.

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #893 on: September 09, 2008, 10:27:46 AM »
Thanks Reboot
So far I tried on three cards, but all on the same computer and same driver - probably a waste of time :) but I tried anyway. same results
I do have my older computer which has a ATI in it. I can try it out, but it won't help a lot since I really can't start mixing ATI and Nvidia cards on the same computer  :wacko:
It will prove the TFT is running OK, but I haven't any reason to believe otherwise.

I'm sure this is a driver or Nvidia problem - I read more and more report of buggy TV out on the Nvidia forum. So that may just be my problem - it doesn't detect the TV correctly and remains unable to set the correct mode.

This is scary :)
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1096325/how_to_force_a_tv_out_on_a_laptop_pc/
They force the TV detection by shorting Pin 1&3 of the connector.

Ray also reported that his TV out only started working when the analogue connector of his card (VGA blue) had a screen connected to it.
So far I fooled it by simply plugging an adaptor without a screen, but now I'll try connecting a screen there.
This is turning into sorcellery
  :puterrage:

« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 10:47:48 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Reboot

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #894 on: September 09, 2008, 10:53:46 AM »
After I recommended the overscan thing, I searched the internet and found that lots of people
Had problems with new Nvidia drivers, I read of things as  (Nvidia overscan fix) and (Nvidia resolution fix)    It seams that older drivers has more settings for TV-Out than the new. 

Keep at it.

Reboot.

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #895 on: September 09, 2008, 11:07:41 AM »
Yep, before shorting the connector, I'll try the older NvidiaCP version tonight
Thanks for all the support, I start getting the impression that I'm flooding VP with this issue and I apologies  :-[

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Reboot

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #896 on: September 09, 2008, 11:28:49 AM »
Apologies, don?t be stupid is this not what we wont to read about, this for me is the best time
Hear at VP.   MFD Exporter,  FalconGauges,   10.4? screens,   5? screens,   screens all over the place,      Raymond's pit,  RedDog?s pit, and all the other pit?s,  Apologies, don?t be stupid.

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #897 on: September 09, 2008, 02:34:09 PM »
Well, I'm starting to think it's the 5 inch.

I tried on the ATI after all and it gets recognized right away and ... I get the same messy flashing  displays
So I had a moment of lucidity (sit down and enjoy - it doesn't happen often) and tried to connect the 5inch to a portable DVD player
and guess what, same messy flashing display.

Now that thing has two signal type to be connected to a rearview car camera they say, NTSC or PAL. Maybe that's something I need to find how to set.

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Reboot

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #898 on: September 09, 2008, 02:40:54 PM »
Rd. You don?t happen to use the same cable?????

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #899 on: September 09, 2008, 02:54:45 PM »
lol, no. I switched cable and adaptor a hundred times since last Friday :)

Have a bandit day
Red Dog