ACES II Seat Cushions by Kukki
[April 22, 2017, 01:33:30 AM]

CALIFORNIA BUSINESS TRIP - END OF APRIL by Strale
[April 21, 2017, 05:41:55 PM]

HUDCAM + Sensor by Rufus
[April 21, 2017, 03:20:24 PM]

ATD (Advanced Threat Display) by Rufus
[April 21, 2017, 03:06:46 PM]

Author Topic: Red Dog's pit - I finally started  (Read 686136 times)

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Re: Red Dog's pit - I finally started
« Reply #855 on: May 29, 2008, 10:05:28 PM »
Olivier, nice addition :thumbsup:, a few years and you will have canopy sills on the pit  ;)  got the panel done and will be on the way, not the quick turnaround you expected, RL stuff....been going on....looks like I'm holding up your progress a bit :whistle:

Triggerhappy, took a look at your thread , very nice work!

Click Above For Information

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #856 on: May 30, 2008, 07:08:43 AM »
No need to apologize Mike, I perfectly understand the tight schedule we all have to live with.
Now where's that baseball bat. I'm coming to NY late June and I might hop to Indiana to make you pay  :bat:

triggerhappy,
I really mean it :) You guys really have less tools than we do and I'm really suprised by the level of stuff you get. I have some friends in the french community that builds complete Su-25 cockpits and they get splendid results
(you don't have anything to envy them with your cockpit either :) )
http://www.3rd-wing.net/index.php?s=cddbd828e4da484b2358a7528c1364db&showtopic=5701

As for me, I programmed a layer toggle key for my two Xkeys on an unused cockpit switch (double pole) and I programmed the red Xkey layer for Lomac.
That way, by switching one bat in the cockpit, i toggle between Lomac and Falcon. pretty convenient.
When using Lomac, I also display some gauges through LOVP and/or gauge composer
Utlimately, i may get a crack at Lightning MFD exporter to export the LLTV on the right MFD .... :)

But for now, it's back to Falcon in full swing with some heavy testing, so the SU25T is in the hangar for the moment, but I will get back to it soon....

« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 10:50:47 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

triggerhappy

« Reply #857 on: May 30, 2008, 09:14:52 AM »
I agree with you..

There seems to be a gathering of developers in 3rd Wing? LeCreole with hes brand new version of the LOSIOC software. The LOME project. Razorback's KA-50 Pit (eeenvy). Gillesdrone with the su-25. Specnaz with he's Su-27 pit. Gromlich with he's Su-25 pit.. and the list just goes on and on.. 

But I still look to you guys for both information and more importantly INSPIRATION..! And I will keep looking at your work.

PS. MAN I envy your panel building..!

Offline ShockWave

• -=VP Donor=-
  • Col.
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • http://www.airasys.com
    • Awards
« Reply #858 on: June 09, 2008, 01:18:45 AM »
Hello RD,

I was curious if you made your Hud box from scratch or are these real components?  I am mainly looking at the top of the hud?

Thanks for your time and your Vpit looks great!

David.
Outta Missiles
Outta Bullets
Down to Harsh Language.

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #859 on: June 09, 2008, 04:38:26 AM »
David,

I was lucky to get my hands on a resin copy of the Hud box that was rejected for too many air bubbles :) it was molded on a real MLU part - don't ask how  :wacko:
it's heavy but nothing beats it.

Needless to say, i'll be forever thankful for that guy  :beer:

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #860 on: June 11, 2008, 06:07:19 PM »
Some liking football (soccer) are glued to their TV, I stick with my pit

I spent the last few days making a full ramp start video with Falcon. It's not good but hell, it's a full rampstart from a cockpit. I hope it will motivate you guys to get on with your projects :)
#Invalid YouTube Link#
Again, I'm not very good at video editing, the sound is bad, the camera shakes (no AD you can't stick that beats on your helmet, the FOV isn't wide enough) and I will make it better next time :)
I'll post a better video tomorrow morning (20Megs)

Enjoy

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #861 on: June 11, 2008, 06:56:55 PM »
yep, motivating,  great functionality too!!  thanks

Offline gancio

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #862 on: June 11, 2008, 07:22:22 PM »
more than motivating...Mouth watering....

Cannon

« Reply #863 on: June 11, 2008, 11:19:50 PM »
I think that is the first full ramp start pit I've seen on here! Great job and accomplishment on your project-  can't wait to see more video!

Later, Cannon

Offline Peten

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #864 on: June 12, 2008, 02:54:19 AM »
Very cool  :thumbsup:

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #865 on: June 12, 2008, 03:02:47 AM »
GREAT Ramp start RD, very motivating :-)
GOOD job  :thumbsup:

Kukki
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Rayman

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #866 on: June 12, 2008, 04:11:10 AM »
Fantastic Olivier!!! :beer:

The MFD's and the centerconsole look great!

How do you like the MFD extracting software?

See you next week!

Raymond

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #867 on: June 12, 2008, 04:22:37 AM »
Thanks guys,

Ray, the MFD simply is the cherry on the cake :)
but it sucks because now I miss my HSI  :harhar:

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline mihi4

• General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • http://www.f16simulator.net
    • Awards
« Reply #868 on: June 12, 2008, 07:45:27 AM »
I think that is the first full ramp start pit I've seen on here!
Then you can't be here for so long ;)
here's mine, nevertheless it's not quite as impressive as RedDogs (no working MFDs, very dark), but it's working ;)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=001HPYvO9OE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=001HPYvO9OE</a>

greetings
michi
Michi "MiHi" Hirczy
www.f16simulator.net

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #869 on: June 12, 2008, 08:35:30 AM »
My thought is to swap the ALT and HSI positions and use Leo's ALT in the lower CP , then move the HSI up to the "glass".  Of coarse this would depend if you are running the Beta Innovations stuff....solution for the practical and not the purest :)