Nope, I never took picture of the case before installing it in my pit.
Here are the best ones I've got - let me know if you want me to dim it up.
As for the MLU question, here's the deal:
The MLU is great but it has no support in falcon. I do use the MLU layout, but I'm sticking with what's supported in Falcon. So that means I have a hybrid between a MLU and a block 52 (CMDS, FLCS, TWA, TWP, ...)
I would vote against doing a MLU unless you can live with the fact that yout pit isn't realist but follows Falcon and not the real bird.
quick summary of the main differences:
- keep the b52 TWA and TWP
- Keep the b52 FLCS panel
- Keep the CMDS instead of the EWMS
- Keep the B52 Misc panel for a minor detail: the Chute. The MLU doesn't have the SILENT/NORM QUIET switch since it's on the HMCS panel so you still can install that one (I did)
- No ECM on the MLU, that's a problem with Falcon. I avoided spending some cash on an ECM panel where only one switch would be used. (the OPR one) I instead chosed to place the ECM OPR switch on the CMDS panel (MSL switch) because if you miss flipping that switch at ramp start, the CMDS will remain DEGR
- No AVTR panel on the MLU either, don't need that one myself so I scrapped that.
- the absence of both ECM and AVTR makes room for the Trackball panel on which I placed the NVIS switch and a Pot for FOV which I don't use anymore thanks to the TIR
- ICP is slightly different, but we don't care as far as functionalities are concerned.
- Jay may say that MLU doen't have the INSTR MODE panel left of the HSI, but that's only from the Tape M3/M4 introducoing the EHSI and lots of MLU in the Belgian AF still have that panel
- Arranging of the caution lights is slightly different... (stay with falcon there)
- labelling on the AV power is different as well, but even Block 52 have it differenty depending on the mod
Basically, I could say I have a black B52 cockpit
Must I be banned for my lack of realism