HUDBLOCK FLOODLIGHT BRACKET by Kukki
[June 23, 2017, 10:31:30 AM]

CANOPY SPYDER by Kukki
[June 23, 2017, 10:29:35 AM]

HUD GLASS by Kukki
[June 23, 2017, 10:27:01 AM]

IR-SENSOR - NATO ICP BACKPLATE by Kukki
[June 23, 2017, 10:23:09 AM]

Author Topic: Red Dog's pit - I finally started  (Read 717710 times)

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
Re: Red Dog's pit - I finally started
« Reply #795 on: December 31, 2007, 11:21:38 AM »
Here's another one specially for the guys working on F4gauge :) If you read this Eric, i am not sure if the cause is your application or the shared memory, I just realized this one and will need to further study it
One thing is for sure, the NOZ gauges from Falcon gauges is giving the opposite value as the 2D and 3D cockpit of OF:

#Invalid YouTube Link#

Normally during SEC operation, the nozzle closes. Which is what happen in falcon (external view) and the NOZ gage in the 2D and 3D pit
But as you see in the abaove video, the Falcon gauge is telling me the Nozzle is opening and is still variable throughout SEC operations which shouldn't be the case

More on this later if I can

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Nutty

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • LT. General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • FlyFoxy.com
    • Awards
« Reply #796 on: December 31, 2007, 11:56:29 AM »
Olivier ?RED DOG?,

I just wanted to say,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

ON YOUR 100,000th THREAD HIT

I also want to thank RD. Paying me 1c for each time I've hit his thread has helped me with my finances ;)

Roll on 200,000 ;)

Nutty (it's in the name)

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #797 on: January 02, 2008, 09:41:47 PM »
Because of the remarkable achievement of 100,000 views and all the effort and contributions Olivier has made to the VP and Falcon community, I have made his pit progress thread a sticky.

Congrats and well done Olivier.

Jay
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 08:06:14 PM by Crease-Guard »

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Lightning's Tools
    • Awards
« Reply #798 on: January 02, 2008, 09:46:14 PM »
Gosh, with 100K+ views on this thread, you'd think we could all start spelling Olivier's name correctly by now?  :) 

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #799 on: January 03, 2008, 11:20:53 AM »
Not a problem - I'm used to it and I don't mind at all
Although I do give high mark to an english speaking guy when he spells it right  :-P

Thanks Jai :) Don't let is sticky for too long as we all know mouvement catch the eye 
:biggrin:

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline white-eagle

• General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Awards
« Reply #800 on: January 03, 2008, 05:22:49 PM »
Congrats pal.
And we must soon have some  :beer:

String2054

« Reply #801 on: January 03, 2008, 10:44:33 PM »
Your Falcon Gauge videos look great  :beer:

Eric and I had problems with the NOZ data from the flightdata.h. It is on the list to fix in the next update. I hope we find the time first quarter of 2008.

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #802 on: January 14, 2008, 04:40:00 AM »
To fight my frustration back with my TFT problems, I decided to actually build something easy
So I installed the canopy jettison handle resin copy made by Dunk above the FUEL panel.
It's only eye candy, but it's a nice touch. I had to lower all the panels and install a specific plate to mount the support.
The handle comes in yellow resin and the black was airbrushed  on the handle. I also weathered the handle as I would do wiuth any aircraft model. Here is was easy since the molding process kept the mark of the paint chipping :)

I also needed a place to connect the headphones in the cockpit, preferably on the left console as the wires are on the left side. So I decided to embed the 2 extension cords for the mike and the headphones.
I will route the wires so they don't interefere with the panels & knobs.
A good idea is also to have a master volume control somewhere in the cockpit (Audio panel) :)

While working in this area I decided to replace the EPU guard that was a single action to a more realist double action guard.

After that I took a long flight without instrument displayed on any TFT. I realized how fast you get accustomed to having the instruments functionnal and how bad you miss them when flying the 3Dpit with the TIR  :-P
At least the flight was good and I'm pretty motivated again. End of this week I will have instruments again, even if that means connecting a second computer to make it work  :fight:

« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 05:26:32 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline AiRdAncE

• Kim - was lost but then found ;)
  • Administrator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • My Foundry for cast metal replica items
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #803 on: January 14, 2008, 04:52:16 AM »
Now THAT is some excellent progress, Olivier :D

Glad to see you got your motivation back ;) Keep it up !
Life is what you make of it.

---------------------------------
Cast aluminum and brass replica cockpit items
www.castcrafter.com

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #804 on: January 16, 2008, 05:01:53 AM »
Here's a new item installed: Dunk's ALT GEAR
this one is functionnal (except for the white button) but it was a simple plug and play for me as Dunk made all the worf for me. Thanks Dunk.

If I can do a small comment, the holes don't match the LEFT AUX. I could only put one screw in there.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 05:26:44 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline badboy31

• Col.
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #805 on: January 16, 2008, 05:09:09 AM »
your pit is coming along very nice Olivier :thumbsup:
its nice to see the MLU pit working,great job RD

grtz,

Offline Dunk

• Dunk
  • -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • AVIATION SIMULATION GROUP
    • Awards
Re: Red Dog's pit - ALT GEAR Handle
« Reply #806 on: January 16, 2008, 10:56:05 PM »
Olivier,
Turn the base around so that the larger hump is away from the CMDS Panel.
Then I believe that screw will go in.
If not Blame Mike he gave me the stencil. :whistle:
Dunk
I love the F-16 Fighting Falcon, the Ferrari F1 of fighter jets.

I love the Viper - a perfect melding of man and machine. 
~Dan Hampton~

http://aviationsimulationgroup.sharepoint.com/Pages/default.aspx

Offline Rayman

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
« Reply #807 on: January 17, 2008, 01:56:47 AM »
Great progress on the canopy release and alt gear, i just love those details, they add a lot of realism to the pit!

Raymond

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #808 on: January 17, 2008, 03:45:14 AM »
Lol Dunk; doesn't work
As you imagined I tried - but it's a no go. The distance between the screws is longer on the AUX frame than what it is with the resin.
Probably a model difference betrween AUX for the F-16A & other models
This really won't be a problem to fix :)

Ray, you're right - it's all those details that make a cockpit authentic - this is the part I prefer, like an plastic model - the finishing part

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline 101-Douxx

• You shall never fail... If you do! Try harder.
  • -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • You shall never fail... If you do! Try harder!!!!!
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • 101-Douxx's squadron Website
    • Awards
« Reply #809 on: January 17, 2008, 07:04:39 PM »
- this is the part I prefer, like an plastic model - the finishing part

What??? ??? ??? ???
Olivier's pit is finished! :yeah:

Is this true, are WE really able to finish our pit???
Or is it just another bad joke! :lolsign:

:hail: :hail: :hail:
You shall never fail... If you do... Try harder!!! ;)

Stephane "Douxx" Bourdouxhe
101ECV-QAF
Owner of Cougar#5795 ?2NXT#197
Cougar#4276 RibbStick#29
Cougar#11527 Stock
Simped F-16+
Cockpit site