INBOUND's PIT by Nigel
[August 16, 2017, 02:08:57 AM]

Thunder's Trainer by Thunder
[August 13, 2017, 07:41:27 PM]

Henkie's pit by Kukki
[August 12, 2017, 12:08:54 PM]

Upcoming parts by henkie
[August 11, 2017, 12:06:17 PM]

Author Topic: Red Dog's pit - I finally started  (Read 746995 times)

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Lightning's Tools
    • Awards
Re: Red Dog's pit - I finally started
« Reply #765 on: December 11, 2007, 11:56:20 AM »
Dude I just downloaded from that link yesterday and it's not a paid download...there are 3 different links for the same download; the first one is like some site where you *can pay if you want more bandwidth but you can still d/l even w/o paying, just wait for the timer to complete and then click the free download button.  The other links pointed to ftp sites and such which allowed my download accelerator to work; I got 1Mbps d/l rates on the files from the ftp site link. 

Offline eagle_wen

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #766 on: December 11, 2007, 12:04:17 PM »
Hi Olivier...

same here...I have a lot of plastic models still in there box. Just looking at the parts while still in the box is the only thing I do with it, in the meanwhile dreaming of a completed model  :'(

But hey...we are building a 1 to 1 cockpit now...when it will be finisched (within some 150 years  ;) ) we always can start again with our models. Probably our hands will shiver so much then that the only paintsheme we can paint is camouflage.  :hangman:

Keep up the good work
Seeya

Werner

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #767 on: December 11, 2007, 12:16:55 PM »
Eagle Wen,
And our eyes won't see correctly either :)

Lightning,
It was as I said for a few weeks after release, the ftp links only came after.
And the free download after the counter was not valid for such large files.. you had to pay to get it

Anyway I got 4.4.1 installed, so I just upgraded with other methods, so all is great, except that I am rusty, that's all :)

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Valcor

• -=VP Donor=-
  • LT. General
    • Awards
« Reply #768 on: December 13, 2007, 12:41:15 PM »

I am also needing some reals glareshield screws, so if any one of you had some spares, i'd be interested
 :biggrin:

Hello Red Dog

I believe the screws that you are looking for are C7985-3-3 (ct. each side 29, 58 total) and C7985-3-2 (ct. each side 1, 2 total). If you run across a source please let me know and I will do the same for you.

link source:
http://www.wbparts.com/rfq/5305-01-064-4692.html

Notice that the drive style is D8 TORQUE SET. You will need a torq tip to secure these screws. A Phillips head screwdriver will destroy the screw. These screw are designed to take a little more torque than a regular Phillips head screw.

Thanks
Valcor
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 12:51:00 PM by Valcor »

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #769 on: December 15, 2007, 02:52:52 PM »
Thanks Valcor, at this time I'm waiting to see if Mil can play Santa Claus for me  :biggrin:
As for the torque, yep, i concur - the ones I have are so and nothing can resist my proxxon toolbox  ;)
If I find anything I'll post it here anyway

Here's something else for a change...

My CMDS is now 100% operational with switches, leds and OSrams driven by the UCC
I know I need to change those two knobs but for today, that will be it.
I also took some liberty from realism by placing the DEGR stencil with a red led instead of the dispense ready in green as the sharedmemory needs an overhaul for that one
Normally, the DEGR message displays on the Osrams but that's not possible today. So instead of not having the msg used until the sharedmem can, I will interface it with a red led

There go the 4 osrams in test mode by the UCC
Still needs to paint the retaining assy in black for better discretion but I feel they came out allright.

It's been a long time I have used the osrams proto board below the older chaff and flares panel. Tomorrow that one goes to storage and will be replaced in the pit with the new 100% functionnal CMDS and the HMD panel right below it

« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 05:28:01 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline GunMan

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Aerodream
    • Awards
« Reply #770 on: December 15, 2007, 03:03:09 PM »
OMG, Excellent work mate !

o_O !

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Lightning's Tools
    • Awards
« Reply #771 on: December 15, 2007, 04:00:27 PM »
Rockin'!

Offline badboy31

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #772 on: December 16, 2007, 06:12:34 AM »
nice work Olivier :thumbsup:

grtz,
Tom

Offline ~Guardian?~

• Brig.General
    • Awards
« Reply #773 on: December 16, 2007, 12:58:39 PM »
Excellent work as usual Oliver.... i`ve sent you my home address so just make sure you wrap up that CMDS panel in tissue and bubble wrap before shipping it off to me for christmas.Thanks I really will enjoy that present and everytime I look at it I`ll remember my pal Oliver...hehehhe :yihaw: :lol: j/k I think I was just dreaming there for a minute  :thumbsup: bro.
Rob

"THE SKY IS NO LONGER THE LIMIT...THE SPACE THE WIFE ALLOWS FOR YOUR PIT IS."
 My Pit Progress :-

Offline Jarrod66

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #774 on: December 16, 2007, 01:59:50 PM »
That's just really awesome Red..

Mil

« Reply #775 on: December 16, 2007, 03:31:26 PM »
Thanks Valcor, at this time I'm waiting to see if Mil can play Santa Claus for me 
the C7985-3-3 and -2 i dont think i can get... but i'm working on the alternate number ... NAS 1581 A? - ?

Bucks

« Reply #776 on: December 17, 2007, 07:54:09 AM »
Hi RD !!! Good Job in the CMDS panel and the reposicioning DEGR stencil it`s a brillant idea

Cheers
Bucks
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 11:16:07 AM by Bucks »

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #777 on: December 17, 2007, 10:11:06 AM »
Thanks guys

Mil, you have all my trust ;D

Rob, I could, but you know it really is not the time to pull a stunt like that. Xmas season is the worst season for the postal services. We might make them a favor by not overloading their burden...

Bucks, can't take credit for that one, I think someone else made that before (sorry I don't recall who it was ... Skorp, was that you? or Michi maybe?) At the time, I thought it was a stupid idea :-[ and made the CMDS looks like a Xmas tree (which is nice for this period of the year) but now I feel it was a great idea, so I used it as well

Here's the CMDS and the HMC installed into the cockpit
Note to Mike: both panels backplate are just a tad too large and don't fit together the real AUX Dzus hole
Check the alignement on holes on the CMDS backplate
Just a heads up for the following one, I will file the top of the CMDS backplate and all will be well

altough I placed new knobs, I am not sure they are 100% realistic - which I don't really care anyway.
The good thing is that I can feel the difference and that will be the case. So all is great

I'll try to post a video of the unit in function later tonight, that is if I master those embedded video links

« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 05:28:17 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #778 on: December 17, 2007, 12:22:24 PM »
Noted------------- and as usual, looks remarkable. :beer:

Click Above For Information

Offline thebeev

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • LT. General
    • Awards
« Reply #779 on: December 18, 2007, 11:57:49 AM »