Wolverine's F16 Block 52 by Wolverine
[December 01, 2017, 02:27:16 AM]

Symulate Cockpit Plans by Symulate
[November 30, 2017, 02:05:26 PM]

BMS 4.33 U4 is here. by Icarus
[November 30, 2017, 03:45:45 AM]

Azul's Pit by Azul
[November 29, 2017, 04:07:10 AM]

Author Topic: Red Dog's pit - I finally started  (Read 808234 times)

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
Re: Red Dog's pit - I finally started
« Reply #720 on: November 04, 2007, 02:04:49 PM »
The MFds are just background images for each screen, taken from my stencils.
 :biggrin:

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #721 on: November 05, 2007, 04:01:57 PM »
Some more closups bezel shots for you String, not as good as what Frank can do, but here they are anyway. Some knobs are still attached with bluetack :)

I played further with F4 gauges and I must say that program can do anything ... All it takes is a little calculation to make the application being displayed at a certain location (hence screen) but it can be extended throughout three different screens so the instruments scatters on my different LCDs. I never though it would accept to be treated like that. Big cheers to the F4gauges team.
The only thing I don't have access to is the NVIS option of F4 gauges or the setting of the speed caret through the F4Gauge keystroke since I am on the same computer as running Falcon.
No big deal...
The program surely can use a better configuration utility but after a while, it's becoming really easy to get your hands down and dirty in the .ini file with notepad.
I know have reached the point that was my goal for the past three month redoing the CP:

All this is driven on the same computer - I use only one computer for my cockpit. Since I only have the UCC, F4 gauges and Falcon running, the FPS remain quite fluid although I have 4 screens .... try that with FSX for that matters...

This was really worth doing I strongly believe that at this time, the only real way to go for someone that wants working instrument is to go the LCD route. I would press further to find a decent 4inch for the HSI if I were you :) but then that would make 5 screens iso 4 and that also means a third video card into the computer (we only have two PCIexpress slot anyway), unless a TV output can be used.
The only place where the analogue solution beats the LCD imho is on the right glareshield instruments (OIL, NOZ, RPM & FTIT) where Beta Innovations stuff is certainly much more exciting than the way I implemented my solution.
Although I considered placing OSRAMS displays into the small instruments there and implement only their digital value as String did. Who know I might do that in the future.

CLosup of the Mfds with their displayed information at this time. I will certainly change yet again the right one, but having a working HSI even not at its real place, is a must for me making the falcon charts and flying a lot heads down.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:59:12 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline thebeev

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • LT. General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #722 on: November 07, 2007, 10:37:35 AM »
Awesome work RD!  Glad to see that CP working out for you!   :thumbsup:

tango44

« Reply #723 on: November 07, 2007, 11:42:10 PM »
 8)

Wow looks great Red!!  Chris and I am working on a new version of the gauge program.  Completely new interface that will allow selection of the gauges via the mouse, and moving and sizing them alot more intuitive.  I plan to include the fuel gauges for both the C an D models as is there now, and also include the "euro" versions of the VVI and AOA.  I understand that there is also a digitial HSI that might differ, so I'm investigating that as well.  I want them to be as complete as possible, to include dual gauges for those that want to create something other than the F-16 panels.  I might even look into creating instruments for other aircraft for those who might want them based on the data output by Falcon.  Gotta finish tackling our F-16 first.  I've had a couple of major breakthroughs in the last couple of days in development, particullarly in the windowed version of the gauges, there are now frameless windows.  No more having to oversize the window to get rid of the border.  There's more to come. 

The pit is amazing.  Great work.

Offline Bazooka

• -=VP Donor=-
  • Brig.General
    • Awards
« Reply #724 on: November 08, 2007, 10:43:09 PM »
I would definitely be interested in the dual gauges as the F22 has alot of dual to it. IIRC I read that Falcon supports dual throttle input. Can anyone answer that one for me?

Bazooka
.....High Speed.......Low Drag

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #725 on: November 08, 2007, 10:48:53 PM »
Good news Eric, thanks

Click Above For Information

Offline zypo

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • Col.
    • zypocockpit
    • Awards
« Reply #726 on: November 08, 2007, 11:15:50 PM »
Is there a thread that explains how to use digital display instead of gauges
It is my goal
thanks
another crazy pitbuilder !

101 ECV - DE
Europe 6

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #727 on: November 09, 2007, 05:31:06 AM »
tango,
Good news on the new version. Although I still use version 2 as version 3 gave me some problem. No idea why though
I think the digital HSi is a good idea, I may have some info you might use. I need to check my documentation but let me know if you're interested.
The current HSI is a bit naked and monochrome :) I think it may benefit a lot from being upgraded to the digital HSI with coloured items

The MLU AOA is the same as the regular one, as far as I know only the VVi differs. The needle AOA I made is a view of my mind and nowhere is a real instrument
In case you're thinking about that one.

I'm pretty glad that you are looking at the setup of F4 gauges. Most of my remarks would have pointed there. You see setting the instrument position is a nightmare with AZERTY keyboards. Having the possibility to set them with the mouse will be much better.

There's also the fact that you need to launch Falcon before F4gauge that's a bit annoying. It would be ideal if F4Gauge could be launched before, then put in standby until it can get the info from F4. No showstopper though, quite a minor detail

Zypo, what do you need for information?
I can help if you like, get in touch with me over MSN, as we both speak french, it will be easier

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #728 on: November 11, 2007, 08:49:33 AM »
It's been a while I had the glareshield but couldn't install it because of the lack of support. This week end I worked on that part of the pit by making a new shelf for all the electronic behind the CP that can support the front glareshield as well.

Of course I still need to make the wood plate between the glareshield looking much better than that, trying to replicate the real part.
I am also needing some reals glareshield screws, so if any one of you had some spares, i'd be interested
 :biggrin:

The front glareshield can be lifted to access all the electronics - I have much more place than before so the goal is to make the wires better organised. All electronics from the CP can now be disconnected quite easily which will save me some maintenance time as well as making the dissasembly of the pit.

The support also is a retainer for the simped

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:59:59 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Peten

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #729 on: November 11, 2007, 09:07:09 AM »
RD,

You don't need the glareshield.
you can send it to me  :harhar:

Great work as always.

Asi

Offline AiRdAncE

• Kim - was lost but then found ;)
  • Administrator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • My Foundry for cast metal replica items
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #730 on: November 11, 2007, 10:03:45 AM »
RD,

Do you think it is possible to document the glareshield more in detail (pictures, measures) for those of us (like myself) that dare try recreate this thing in ABS plastic sheet ?
Life is what you make of it.

---------------------------------
Cast aluminum and brass replica cockpit items
www.castcrafter.com

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Lightning's Tools
    • Awards
« Reply #731 on: November 11, 2007, 10:22:50 AM »
I'm sending my set of forward glareshields to Penny for duplication so there should be a nice affordable solution for everyone here in the near future. 

Offline TOR

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #732 on: November 11, 2007, 11:07:23 AM »
I'm sending my set of forward glareshields to Penny for duplication so there should be a nice affordable solution for everyone here in the near future. 

:thumbsup:

Cheers,

"GUN"

Offline Peten

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #733 on: November 11, 2007, 11:30:25 AM »

Excellent !

Offline AiRdAncE

• Kim - was lost but then found ;)
  • Administrator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • My Foundry for cast metal replica items
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #734 on: November 11, 2007, 12:12:42 PM »
Sounds awesome David, although on such items, shipping costs overseas will kill us ;)
Life is what you make of it.

---------------------------------
Cast aluminum and brass replica cockpit items
www.castcrafter.com