Grease Monkey's Pit by sagrzmnky
[February 24, 2017, 03:00:16 AM]

Falcon Pit block 52+ from Poland by Ski
[February 23, 2017, 05:53:03 PM]

Henkie's pit by KK
[February 21, 2017, 03:51:04 AM]

F-16 fuselage by simpit
[February 20, 2017, 05:54:18 PM]

Author Topic: Red Dog's pit - I finally started  (Read 658273 times)

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Lightning's Tools
    • Awards
Re: Red Dog's pit - I finally started
« Reply #705 on: October 21, 2007, 02:49:21 PM »
Just goes once again to show, if you want it done right, you gotta be Red Dog. 

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #706 on: October 21, 2007, 02:57:04 PM »
Naa, String was my model here and he did very well showing me the way - i just followed the example  ;)

On the other hand, I must be the first wacko to relegate the wonderful all metal CP from Martin to unused cockpit part

And leftover
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 04:00:19 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

String2054

« Reply #707 on: October 21, 2007, 07:27:04 PM »
RD your work is amazing as usual :thumbsup: When do we get to see the MFDs running and are you going to install a digital HSI?

Offline DaveyDave

• 2nd. LT
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #708 on: October 22, 2007, 07:56:36 PM »
Dave,

Here are the dims, all are mm.
Some I couldn't take as the cockpit is dissassembled for now.
But the green values are the height from ground, so you can easily get your dimension by substracting them from the red data

* are from the ground

Thanks a bunch Olivier!!!

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #709 on: October 23, 2007, 03:49:46 AM »
I wanted to finish the external work before getting the CP in the pit room again where I will connect it to the UCC and interface the 3 screens, I plan a big fight with F4glass and F4 gauges there :)
From my past testings, I think F4gauges will prevail but I wonder how to distribute the instruments from the same F4G applications to three different screens ... unless I extend the office to those three screen... since they don't have the same resolution, might be difficult.
So me too, am looking forward to see those screens come to life.

Regarding the digital HSI, in a way yes I will. It just won't be placed at the correct place that's taken by the real dummy instrument.
I will display the HSI from F4Gauge on the LEFT MFD, and use the Right MFD for various instruments such as OIL, RPM, FTIT, NOZ POS and FUEL - that is until at least I can afford the aircore gauges

Another idea that's crossing my mind is to enable the value of the instrument dials (OIL, NOZZLE, RPM, FTIT & FUEL) as digital values through tiny 7 segments displays placed in the gauges, or even osrams.
Exactly as you did String.
Problem again is that I have no way to interface them. I think you used Epic? Is there another software that makes that possible?

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

String2054

« Reply #710 on: October 23, 2007, 09:31:26 AM »
I am using an EPIC system with a memory reader (OFreader) that works well for seven segments displays and servos. I would like to install the aircore gauges for the oil, rpm, ftit and noz, once I find some time. What will happen to your HSI once you can display real MFD data on the MFDs?

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #711 on: October 23, 2007, 12:40:38 PM »
Well Epic is a no go for me.

I am not sure the MFD will be implemented for this flavour of falcon. so I am not too concerned for the near future. I know some of you go into very heavy tricks to make them work but IMHO that's too restrictive for real serious MP flight. Like the inability to use the views and the inability to use the 3D pit and hence the TIR.
There's no way you can fly formations by stricly looking forward in the 2D pit.

So the day the Graal becomes a reality, I will have two choices:
1. Use the swap function of the MFD to work only one one LCD (highly unlikely as I know me) and thus keep the left one for the HSI
2. Place a 4inch TFT for the HSI and replace the real instrument.

So the current solution buys me time and makes the old adage that the pit work is never totally finished very true  :biggrin:

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #712 on: October 23, 2007, 04:02:31 PM »
RD that pit is going to be fricking awsome.
Keep up the good work my fellow  :wacko: man  :lol: :lol:

Kukki
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

String2054

« Reply #713 on: October 23, 2007, 08:59:03 PM »
RD,

You are so right in some ways reguarding MP flight. My MFD setup only allows you to use the 2D PIT views. Now that is good and bad; I still use a head tracker with snap views for rejoins, formation and while moving mud supporting my wingman. Works GREAT
 :yihaw:

The A/A side is the problem. BVR is ok, but once you are in a tight fight that is where I may as well eject :'( without padlock or the 3D pit.

I know some day we will have a better MFD solution, but until then no ACM for me, but I could never give up MFDs in the PIT.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 09:01:30 PM by String2054 »

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #714 on: October 26, 2007, 04:01:31 AM »
Why not use 3d and padlock in dogfight?  You don't need nor have time to mess with the MFDs when dogfighting, why not switch at that point and then switch back when you're done.

Jay

String2054

« Reply #715 on: October 26, 2007, 08:51:50 AM »
For some reason when switching from 2D into the 3D/Padlock mode with the MFD solution I am using, Falcon will CTD. I think the screen resolution of 1024x1536 may be the cause. I am sure the CTD issue could be fixed, it just needs some more work.

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #716 on: November 03, 2007, 01:27:37 PM »
today, another milestone is added:

THE CP becomes operational, at least for the ADI, VVI, AOA, ASI and Altimeter all driven from the same computer with F4 gauges V2

It's been a long way to get there (I'm pretty slow) but after 3 months without cockpit I'm getting where I wanted to be and I'm greatly motivated to reassemble the pit now.
I still have details to work out, such as to find a way to extend F4gauges to the MFD screens to displays the remaining instruments, and I also need to find a way for F4gauges to start directly on the relevant monitor..

Hope to post a video soon

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 04:00:41 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline 101-Douxx

• You shall never fail... If you do! Try harder.
  • -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • You shall never fail... If you do! Try harder!!!!!
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • 101-Douxx's squadron Website
    • Awards
« Reply #717 on: November 03, 2007, 01:36:02 PM »
One word!

WOW!!!

I wish I was there!
Next time I go see my relative in Belgium, I wish I could go and see this great work of art!

Keep it up!
Stephane.
You shall never fail... If you do... Try harder!!! ;)

Stephane "Douxx" Bourdouxhe
101ECV-QAF
Owner of Cougar#5795 ?2NXT#197
Cougar#4276 RibbStick#29
Cougar#11527 Stock
Simped F-16+
Cockpit site

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #718 on: November 03, 2007, 05:11:04 PM »
Very nice work Olivier

Click Above For Information

String2054

« Reply #719 on: November 03, 2007, 07:05:52 PM »
I love the picture of the VVI looks real with your instrument bezels. GREAT WORK :beer:

How did you temp display the MFDs?