ACESII - Kneeguards by Kukki
[March 19, 2017, 12:22:52 PM]

Spyder by Red Dog
[March 19, 2017, 08:09:50 AM]

ACESII - Seat rollers by Kukki
[March 18, 2017, 05:51:56 PM]

Faan's pit by Rufus
[March 18, 2017, 05:19:26 PM]

Author Topic: Red Dog's pit - I finally started  (Read 670848 times)

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Re: Red Dog's pit - I finally started
« Reply #690 on: October 10, 2007, 04:18:27 PM »
Olivier has ALWAYS good REASONS
to visit his page !

As ALWAYS ... my HAT is OFF to You !

Good Job

Davide
Strale (Skype: Strale_64)

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #691 on: October 10, 2007, 05:38:30 PM »
Thanks for the nice words guys  :lol:

I was just informed by a famous french pit builder (Goupil not to name him) that the TFT might develop som heat and that proper cooling should be planned, especially around the power wires of the TFT.
i think it's an important piece of advice that I will follow and since we will be a few to use those TFTs, it might be worth to give the same advice here.

I will open up more area in the wood support so the air flows along the back of the TFT and make sure the area around the power wires (pink&white) are not enclosed in a confined area either to avoid heating problems

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline DaveyDave

• 2nd. LT
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #692 on: October 13, 2007, 08:15:32 AM »
Dave,

The easiest for me would be for you to pick some pictures in my thread report and draw some lines on it. Then I can easily measure it up for you.

Hey Olivier, sorry it took so long formetodo a few little lines, hope it's not too much trouble. I'm hoping to build something like a cross between your pit and the "Hellseat" that was around 7 years back. Something prettysimple, no real panels, but with proper dimensions.  Anyway, the red lines would be great to have dimensions of. Also, if not to much trouble too, the approximate angles of the side console slopes to the ground. Thank you so much!!!

Dave

String2054

« Reply #693 on: October 16, 2007, 10:56:44 AM »
Sorry for the delay responding to your question about the HSI screen RD a few post back. Below is a link to the screen I used from Earth LCD. It is only black and white and the contrast is not that of a color VGA screen, but it works well. You can get a good idea of the look from this picture http://webpages.charter.net/clink2054/Sim_Pics/HSI_01.JPG. One thing for sure having the HSI functional is a great SA tool while flying and the "Falcon Gauges HSI" works great.

If you ever find a 4" color VGA screen let me know. :)

http://store.earthlcd.com/MTR-EVUE-4BW-MTREVUE4BW?sc=7&category=58

Chris

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #694 on: October 16, 2007, 11:28:11 AM »
I found a 3.5" color VGA screen and just bought 2 of them...one for HSI and one for ADI.

Jay

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #695 on: October 16, 2007, 11:30:13 AM »
I found a 3.5" color VGA screen and just bought 2 of them...one for HSI and one for ADI.

Jay

LINK Please  ;)
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #696 on: October 16, 2007, 11:31:29 AM »
Actually got the link that Airdance posted up a few days ago in another thread.  Something like flightlcds.com or something like that.

Jay

Offline ultimateautohaus

• 1st.LT
    • Awards
« Reply #697 on: October 16, 2007, 11:58:40 AM »

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #698 on: October 16, 2007, 12:01:43 PM »
Dave

I am abroad for now but will take those dims for you next weekend

olivier

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #699 on: October 16, 2007, 12:08:06 PM »
Avionicslcd is the place.  Pricey little buggers.  I'm still waiting for mine.  Guys said those things sell like hotcakes.

Jay

Offline DaveyDave

• 2nd. LT
    • Awards
« Reply #700 on: October 16, 2007, 12:50:42 PM »
Dave

I am abroad for now but will take those dims for you next weekend

olivier

Olivier, thanks bro. I believe I jumped the gun a little and started building the "pit" early... I hope my measurements work out ok.  I'll be posting some pics soon. VERY simple pit compared to you folks though, :-)

Offline DaveyDave

• 2nd. LT
    • Awards
« Reply #701 on: October 16, 2007, 08:01:31 PM »
Well, here are those pictures from what I've got so far.
http://picasaweb.google.com/davidscottweaver/DavesPit

I posted a little info in the progress reports forum too.  http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=3056.msg40087#msg40087

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #702 on: October 21, 2007, 01:14:50 PM »
Dave,

Here are the dims, all are mm.
Some I couldn't take as the cockpit is dissassembled for now.
But the green values are the height from ground, so you can easily get your dimension by substracting them from the red data

* are from the ground

Hope that makes sense

Also, the end of the arrow wasn't very precise. in the case of the LEFT AUX, I always ended up on the real part edge
Take note for the 540mm lenght, there's a an 5? angle somewhere there, the smaller horizontal side is 165mm, the 5? climbing slope is 375mm
Any question, let me know

Olivier
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 04:01:12 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #703 on: October 21, 2007, 02:11:35 PM »
The new wood CP is out of the paintshop and subassemblies are being placed. The three new screens are integrated.

It's also the first time I have a vent and the pedal adjust handle, both are bogus. As the HSI.

I will have to design a cache for the visible part of the screen, no big deal. plastic will come to the rescue again. The HUD/ICP is dryfit in place

All the TFTs electronics are inside and on the backside of the CP

Still a few night's work placing the instrument bezels and putting the finishing touch here and there, but I start to see the end of it

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 04:01:37 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline AiRdAncE

• Kim - was lost but then found ;)
  • Administrator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • My Foundry for cast metal replica items
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #704 on: October 21, 2007, 02:32:58 PM »
Absolutely f*ck1ng breathtaking ! Super work !!  :beer:
Life is what you make of it.

---------------------------------
Cast aluminum and brass replica cockpit items
www.castcrafter.com