Blaze's Pit by Kukki
[September 13, 2017, 03:17:33 PM]

Rodsei's Pit by rodsei
[September 13, 2017, 02:09:24 PM]

Azul's Pit by sagrzmnky
[September 12, 2017, 12:55:01 PM]

Pikachu's Home Pit by Hero
[September 12, 2017, 01:00:55 AM]

Author Topic: Red Dog's pit - I finally started  (Read 762304 times)

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Red Dog's pit - I finally started
« Reply #600 on: May 17, 2007, 01:41:32 PM »
Jay is making an interface board to connect the MIL mic to the PC, you will need the MIL mic to get he great comm sounds.

wish I had a recording of the great sound of his mic to post

BTW, I think wearing the helmet and flightsuit is much like going out with fat chicks and riding mopeds, it's all great until your friends see you  :lol:
or in our case, the "Boss" wife.

Click Above For Information

Offline maestro209

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • The World Famous Deltahawks
    • Awards
« Reply #601 on: May 17, 2007, 02:31:33 PM »
It's been my experience that any aviation mic has sufficiently reduced bandwidth and "soft clipping" capable of reproducing those "great sounds" if you've got the mic converter/amp it's as simple as plug and play.

Or you could do it the old Deltahawks way.... Buy a CB radio and wire it up in such a way as to get the input/output through your sound card. That was always a "hoot." :lol:

>Maestro
gt;Maestro209

Go, Go, Gadget hot glue gun!

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #602 on: May 17, 2007, 02:50:26 PM »
Did you guys ever tried the IVC from inside Falcon for ingame comms?
I think it's already giving a pretty close "great sounds" as real radio coms - even with a standard computer headphones&mike?

We never use anything else and like it very much

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline AiRdAncE

• Kim - was lost but then found ;)
  • Administrator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • My Foundry for cast metal replica items
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #603 on: May 17, 2007, 03:12:05 PM »
Quote from: "Kabar03"
Nice, I just acquired a Helmet too, from Bubbi" in S.Korea.

Where do we find this Bubbi ? On ebay ?
Life is what you make of it.

---------------------------------
Cast aluminum and brass replica cockpit items
www.castcrafter.com

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #604 on: May 17, 2007, 03:15:52 PM »
sorry, spelled Bubi

He is a member here. Check the member list or email me.

Ill delete these in a few Olivier

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #605 on: May 17, 2007, 03:30:42 PM »
Hey Ad, i was first :)
Mike, don't send him anything before me, Ad is pissed with the switch guy, he might jump on me for the helmet stuff  :D  :shock:

Joking AD  :P

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline AiRdAncE

• Administrator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #606 on: May 17, 2007, 04:01:33 PM »
Quote from: "Red Dog"
Hey Ad, i was first :)
Mike, don't send him anything before me, Ad is pissed with the switch guy, he might jump on me for the helmet stuff  :D  :shock:

Joking AD  :P

Sjeezzz doggy... then stay on top of your thread man, like I do. I already spoke to bubi and just bought his last helmet and oxy mask for just 150 bucks - mint condition... :P :P

{I only wish this were true... :( }

www.castcrafter.com

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #607 on: May 17, 2007, 04:06:16 PM »
150$ ??
that must be one of those 1:8 reproduction then  :P

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline AiRdAncE

• Administrator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #608 on: May 17, 2007, 04:29:15 PM »
Quote from: "Red Dog"
150$ ??
that must be one of those 1:8 reproduction then  :P

Hehehe... can you spell "RIP OFF" ? LOL

www.castcrafter.com

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #609 on: May 20, 2007, 10:43:51 AM »
Here's the trim panel story ...

Mike's panel arrived last week and I put aside the complicated programming of the AOA and VVi gauges servo to concentrate on the trim mechanics.

First, the internal lightplate was modified to accept the larger trim wheels I have, then the backplate wheels were also increase to 5cm lenght.

That way, the wheel is high enough above the panel to my liking.

Next came the small plate around the YAW trim knob made in plastic sheet and supporting the finger guards, here made with hard wires.

The trim wheels have been placed on L shaped plastic supports and I decided to use 2 regular pots to implement them. The three pots will be wired to Leo Bodnar ministick that handle all my extra analog inputs in the cockpit.

Next came to two R/C servoes. It's getting crowded already. I could have used smaller ones, but I bought those because they weren't expensive and wanted to use them in my opencockpit tests in case I messed something. The smaller servoes are more expensive and I wire them only when I'm sure I can't destroy them :)

I decided to go direct from the servo to the needle, without using anykind of gear, whenever possible

Final step was to place the small homemade bezel and the needle made with plastic rod, glue the transparent windows provided by Mike (Brilliant idea Mike to offer two different thickness - well done.
And assemble the panel, ready for connecting.

Now I just have to tweak the programming and those two needles will be moving accordingly  :P

I had to sacrifice to TEST panel to place the trim Panel in my cockpit because of lack of place. I don't mind since most of the stuff from the TEST panel is not implemented in Falcon.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 04:10:49 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Killn

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #610 on: May 20, 2007, 10:51:29 AM »
Sweet!!!  Get that man a frosty and a beer!  :beer:  Great job Olivier!!

Cheers,
Jason
How can I fail when I don't have a purpose?

Offline ~Guardian?~

• Brig.General
    • Awards
« Reply #611 on: May 20, 2007, 11:12:48 AM »
Just one word....... OUTSTANDING!!!
Rob

"THE SKY IS NO LONGER THE LIMIT...THE SPACE THE WIFE ALLOWS FOR YOUR PIT IS."
 My Pit Progress :-

Offline GunMan

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Aerodream
    • Awards
« Reply #612 on: May 20, 2007, 11:35:33 AM »
Nice work Olivier :)

What about these working gauges :) ?

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #613 on: May 20, 2007, 12:56:41 PM »
Yes, defiantly Frosty material there!!!

I also, have that file for the Yaw standoff plate made, I will do a batch of these soon and offer them for free to the guys that bought the Man Trim panel.

I also found that folks will need to mod the back of the panel as Olivier did to accomodat the trim wheels. A little work with dremel and a debur bit will do the trick.

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #614 on: May 20, 2007, 02:26:57 PM »
yep, that was pretty easy to do Mike, no worries.

I think that the backplate might need some modifications though.
Enlarge the trim wheels holes
And also, the semi round holes for the trim gauges shouldn't be there. The backplate is normally the support for the gauge and the dots are directly embossed on the backplate. The needles rotates above all that and actually all we need is a tiny hole for the needle axe to go through.

Now it might be easier for other application to have those semi circular holes as you implemented them, so I don't know for the others.

And finally, there's a screw hole missing on the backplate :) the one just above the YAW knob. There's a screw hole in the lightplate but not in the backplate.

All those minor details and I'm very happy to have such a great Trim panel thanks to you Mike  :D

Have a bandit day
Red Dog