Symulate 02 Platform by Symulate
[February 19, 2017, 12:16:19 PM]

Salaxi54's pit progress by NOCS
[February 19, 2017, 11:26:34 AM]

Rebel's Cockpit Progress by Rebel
[February 12, 2017, 11:11:58 PM]

Smith's Pit by Smith
[February 12, 2017, 04:34:24 PM]

Author Topic: Red Dog's pit - I finally started  (Read 654911 times)

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Red Dog's pit - I finally started
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2004, 04:43:21 PM »
thanks for sharing those RD, nice drawings

Click Above For Information

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2004, 07:45:59 AM »
I want to say that the dimensions are not from real seats. So I'm responsible for all errors.

The main sources used were the drawings on the verlinden book and some measures were simply decided according to pictures on the web.

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline J.A.K.

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2004, 11:12:32 AM »
Cool, that will go in the library :D
J.A.K.

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2004, 09:19:58 PM »
Would you like a better source?  Here's the real deal, I can take whatever measurements you like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/jfagner/ACES%20II/DCP_4305.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/jfagner/ACES%20II/DCP_4304.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/jfagner/ACES%20II/DCP_4302.jpg

I will qualify, if you need any measurements, it may not be for a couple of weeks as I'm going to England and Spain for a couple of weeks beginning next week.

Jay

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2004, 03:04:11 AM »
Interesting pictures, Thanks for sharing Jay  :D
Don't worry about measurements, the part is done anyway and I won't bother redo it since I'm pretty happy with the one I have - but thanks for the offer!

Have a good time in England and Spain - I guess you'll pay a visit to the Realsimulator team i'm sure  :wink:

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2004, 04:18:25 AM »
Can't resist posting some pix of the paintwork.

The seat was primed in white last week-end and I applied a coat of Gull gray Tuesday afternoon.

I applied the paint with a brush and a mini roll. Now I will spray a lighter gray from a can so the recessed details stays darker and the protruding details become lighter (model technique :) )

And I also made a car kit for my cell phone, so my wife can call me when I need to leave the sim for supper  8)

« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 06:09:51 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2004, 06:26:57 AM »
The cell phone is hilarious!!  :lol:

Jay

Offline Hack

• LT. General
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2004, 06:46:12 AM »
Wow, that is simply awesome. I cant wait to see what the rest is going to look like. Have you sat in it and made Vroom Vroom sounds yet?

Justin
Justin[/size][/b]

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2004, 07:35:39 AM »
Justin, you bet I did :)
That got me a weirdo look from the neibourhood. Not to mention that eveybody in the building has been wondering what that wacko from the first floor is doing in the garage for the past 10 weeks  :lol:

They think it's a chair for the baby ...  :roll:

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Feathers

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2004, 10:01:01 AM »
RD,
GREAT work.  The detail on the lower section looks just like the real thing.
Jim

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2004, 01:27:47 PM »
Nice work, post some more pics when you spray over it so we can see it.

looks like a real seat to my eyes :shock:

Click Above For Information

Offline J.A.K.

• Brig.General
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2004, 01:56:22 PM »
O.K. Red Dog when did you buy a real aces :D  :wink:  It looks awesome :shock:  :D  :shock:  :D  :shock:  :D
J.A.K.

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2004, 03:19:16 AM »
Thanks Guys
Jak - Shhht don't tell anybody  8)

The second coat of gray was applied with a can and then, the whole seat was coated in matt varnish - also from a can. That should protect the paintwork a little from my future abuse.

I have an oxygen bottle getting lost between germany and my home - so I couldn't finish the left side - but the right one is about completed :)

The cables are rubber hose for car - the restraint stuff are dummies made of wood and aluminium sheets.  Notice the first placard I placed from Gwen wonderful set  :D
I also cut the back rest below so to give a better stability of the seat and at the same time give a better angle.
Damn, I forgot to get those two tape pieces of the knee protections !

Detail of the rubber hose stuff.
The main part has been machined on the lathe and I used some large spacers to make it look like real - although I believe the main part is a little too big! The special washer with the vertical part on it was done with a small candle for keeping the meal warm. It was cut to size and glued on one of the spacers.

Made some test for the seatbelts and the homemade straps - still need to finish that headrest!
I also found some real cushions, so I'll soon be able to replace the blue ones  -  although I'm getting used to them

And finally a question - Anybody knows what I'm supposed to do with these two pins? I remember from a previous discussion that is was to maintain the belt in place. Where should I make the retention holes for those?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 06:10:12 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2004, 10:12:41 AM »
Those pins hold in little bungee type straps that hold the risers in place.  Here's a picture:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/jfagner/ACES%20II/0004_035.jpg

Those pins hold the bungee in place.

Jay

Marvin

« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2004, 10:41:27 AM »
Red Dog,

Are those real cushions?  I have the real buttom (black fuzzy) cushion but still waiting for the back cushion from Chad..  I am thinking about just replicating the fur.  If yours are fake, they look pretty good!  Where did you score the material?

Jody