magoo's cockpit (Wombat is still teaching) by wralex
[January 19, 2017, 04:50:27 PM]

Salaxi54's pit progress by salaxi54
[January 19, 2017, 07:21:47 AM]

Kukki´s Pit v.5.0 by raptor
[January 18, 2017, 06:47:02 PM]

Albert's F-16 Block 52 pit by Boomer
[January 18, 2017, 04:15:56 PM]

Author Topic: Red Dog's pit - I finally started  (Read 645405 times)

Offline thebeev

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • LT. General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Red Dog's pit - I finally started
« Reply #585 on: May 07, 2007, 01:56:24 AM »
Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :shock: Thats all I have to say  :beer:

Offline Rayman

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #586 on: May 07, 2007, 02:54:54 AM »
i am speechless Olivier, just incredible detail!!! :shock:

congrats!

Raymond

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #587 on: May 07, 2007, 04:43:31 AM »
Thanks guys, It is something I really like to do, it really is like doing an aircraft model and the part really was a challenge.

Quote from: Iceman_JD
Which one is the real one!  How about a hint.   :?:
Great job.
Easy, on the repro, I had to place two screws that aren't on the real one for solidity reasons.

Now I need to make the pivot point to install it in the cockpit, when that geek's feeling is over, I will be able to stop looking at it and start something else  :D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 04:11:11 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline TOR

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #588 on: May 07, 2007, 12:24:48 PM »
Well... that is what I call EXCELLENT modelling!   :twisted:

Same attention to detail as your 1/48 model I?ve seen inhere. Just love that you did that wear/tear/weathering on it...

... I don?t mind your username here at all, but You could - with honour - change it for a few weeks to........ "Spiderman"   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

"GUN"

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #589 on: May 07, 2007, 01:31:12 PM »
Quote from: "Red Dog"

Easy, on the repro, I had to place two screws that aren't on the real one for solidity reasons.

Come on guys, the replica is the one with the two ugly holes in it, even a kid can tell them apart...  :axe:  :lol:

Great work Olivier. Say, you wouldn't mind taking some measurements, know, would you?

Nikolas

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #590 on: May 07, 2007, 02:15:43 PM »
matter of fact, that's exactly what i am doing tonight, Nikolas :)

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Lightning's Tools
    • Awards
« Reply #591 on: May 07, 2007, 02:19:55 PM »
Right on!  Next question is, anyone out there going to make copies for the rest of us? ;)

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #592 on: May 07, 2007, 04:18:12 PM »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Dunk

• Dunk
  • -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • AVIATION SIMULATION GROUP
    • Awards
Spider
« Reply #593 on: May 07, 2007, 11:58:29 PM »
All I can say is SAWEEEEET.
I got the measurements but i realy doubt my willingnes to tackle that project, but if nobody pick it up for production then i will have to try to make one.

Red Dawg You are an artist.

BTW the way I spelled your name is a complement.
In my opinion the greatest Collage Footbal teem is the Georgia Bull Dawgs.
My apoligies to any of you who are not Georgia Fans. :wink:
I love the F-16 Fighting Falcon, the Ferrari F1 of fighter jets.

I love the Viper - a perfect melding of man and machine. 
~Dan Hampton~

http://aviationsimulationgroup.sharepoint.com/Pages/default.aspx

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #594 on: May 14, 2007, 11:56:23 AM »
Since i'm struggling with servo motors, SIOC and FAST to implement some gauges, I decided to take a break and redesign an AOA instrument face.

As you know the VVI is already a needle instrument in the MLU but the AOA remain a tape instrument. That will be too complicated for me to realize so I decided to step away from realism and create my own needle AOA instrument, mirrored from the VVI

Here's the draft:

If you feel there's anything that could be improved, let me know :)

As for the VVI, the needle will be driven by a servo and the red square won't be visible unless the red led behing it comes ON when the instrument is flagged
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 04:11:25 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #595 on: May 14, 2007, 02:06:00 PM »
Hey RD!
Looke really nice. I think i will go for that solution until i get an real AOA.

Keep posting
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #596 on: May 17, 2007, 05:12:03 AM »
Here's my newest part :)

I never really wanted to wear a helmet while simming but it's a nice addition to the pit  :D
I just need now to find a cheap O2mask and more importantly the 2 bayonet receivers that screws on the helmet cheeks and a leather vior cover I would customize - why niot with a Viperpit patch   :P
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 04:11:38 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Flareless

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #597 on: May 17, 2007, 09:51:27 AM »
Actually, I find wearing the helmet isn't too bad at all.  First, your head doesn't rest on the hard seat back in between the grooves of the headrest.  Second, your head is tilted forward a few extra degrees bringing your line of sight a bit more horizontal.  Finally - you look extra cool and the chicks dig it (at least I keep telling myself that).
Blue Skies,

Flareless
Lower West Side Studio

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #598 on: May 17, 2007, 01:19:44 PM »
Nice, I just acquired a Helmet too, from Bubbi" in S.Korea. Nice one, 02 mask,
headsets installed and mic in the mask. The best thing about the helmet is the way the comms sound coming from it. i heard Jay using his on Teamspeak once and I was sold.

Olivier I would send Bubbi a PM and see if he will horse trade with you. GET THE MIC too! :lol:

He sent me a picture of his helmet collection and it was HUGE

Click Above For Information

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #599 on: May 17, 2007, 01:32:19 PM »
If my wife ever sees me with wearing a helmet in my cockpit, I'm done  :shock:

I confess I'm already trying to wire it with computer headphones and mike as well as a gimmick to glue the TIR reflector spheres  :D
But I know that's not going yto happen

Mike, I'll be looking forward to that  8) Just don't tell my wife

Have a bandit day
Red Dog