Blaze's Pit by Kukki
[September 13, 2017, 03:17:33 PM]

Rodsei's Pit by rodsei
[September 13, 2017, 02:09:24 PM]

Azul's Pit by sagrzmnky
[September 12, 2017, 12:55:01 PM]

Pikachu's Home Pit by Hero
[September 12, 2017, 01:00:55 AM]

Author Topic: Red Dog's pit - I finally started  (Read 762694 times)

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
Red Dog's pit - I finally started
« Reply #405 on: May 01, 2006, 04:09:26 PM »
Here's what the displays looks like when installed in Mike's CMDS:

Fits like a glove :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:37:12 PM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #406 on: May 01, 2006, 04:54:55 PM »
NICE!!

Click Above For Information

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #407 on: May 01, 2006, 05:01:48 PM »
AWESOME !

video soon pls !
Strale (Skype: Strale_64)

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #408 on: May 02, 2006, 03:51:19 AM »
Davide,
the videos are there already :)

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Peten

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #409 on: May 02, 2006, 08:49:23 AM »
RD,

As alway ,great work :wink:
How did you do the speedbarke indicator ?

Asi

Offline Killratio

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #410 on: May 08, 2006, 10:09:19 PM »
Hi RD,

Looks great!!!!

Just with the Parking Brake magnetic lock.....when it releases, does it go to "off" or does it snap back to Antiskid? In yours? In the real aircraft??

cheers

Darryl
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:

AND
[url=http://s24.photobucket.com/user/Ki

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #411 on: May 09, 2006, 03:45:50 AM »
Peten,
The speedbrake is interfaced with the UCC. It's a real one.
It's driven by 14v and connected on the third PCB of the UCC

Darryl,
In my cockpit, since the anti skid is not implemented in F4, I used a two position switch. I don't mind the third since it's not used. So it snaps back in the OFF position.
I don't have a clear idea of how it happens in the real jet, I guess it snaps back in AntiSkid position - but again, i don't really know for sure

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #412 on: June 24, 2006, 06:37:39 PM »
Well it's been a while - Real life catched me up and it's been more than a month without work in the pit. Luckily during that time, parts converged to my home and I was finally able to get some work done on the throttle issue.
The first part was to rip off the old side console wall supporting the throttle gate, i didn't like it.

With the wall off, I started to assemble the throttle arm and the homemade support that goes inside the console:

The support was made with aluminium plate cut to the appropriate size fitting the insides of my side console. The spacers are coming from the Chaff and flare panels. They seem just a tad longer than needed but do the trick fine.

The Cougar adaptator was casted by Penny and it fits really nicely on the Cougar handle - The axle and retaining pin are homemade and the springs and cutoff release are real parts.

Cutting the Cougar cables to extend them has been an experience. Please if you do so mark each one of them :) Some colours comes back as many as three times and I had a hard time with the red ones. Making the cables run through the inside of the arm twisted them and in the end it was very difficult to know which red was in which position. The fact that the wires aren't glued all together like on any std IDE flat cable didn't help.
So make sure you mark eack of the 22 wires correctly before cutting  :lol:
The friction wheel works as advertised. I placed two belleville washers each side of the oblong plate. I think the very purpose of the oblong plate is to prevent the washers to get one into another as they would if there was no plane plate between the washers, ruining the friction effect. Now turning the friction wheel compress the washers and makes the throttle arm rotation stiffer.

To interface the Cougar with the arm, i used a Hall sensor originally from a HS kit sold by Cubpilot on the FW forum. The link between the Arm and the HS is std stuff from RC servo. Below left : the part that goes at the bottom of the arm. On the right, the HS kit with the servo wheel extended in plasticard.

The wall was rebuild, inside only for the moment  - I will try to make the outer section in aluminium tomorrow. Here are two shots to illustrate the lift of the handle to go cutoff:

Left: idle, right: cutoff.
Now knowing how much I sweated to get to this part, i'm a very happy guy. But nothing would have been possible without the great help Penny provided for a very long time and by taking the chances and the time to cast the adaptor and sourcing various part for me: Thanks a million Penny  :wink:

Here's the throttle in AB position. he interaction with the gate was not easy to get and I had to lenghten a little bit the throttle frost to ensure a good contact between the gate and the throttle at all points along the gate. Apart from that, it works exactly as the real one. Just lift it a notch without using the lever to go AB and depress the lever to lift the handle and go into the Cutoff position.
The ALT GEAR was done with a spare Pedal adjust handle connected to a microswitch via a spring.

Now all I need to do is to program the throttle course to implement the idle detend in F4 with the throtllerange syntax.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:37:41 PM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline luckiest

• -=VP Donor=-
  • Brig.General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #413 on: June 24, 2006, 08:38:59 PM »
Hi Olivier,
It looks beautiful and I was glad to help. Excellent job on the wiring.
Penny :D
The latest and greatest!
FOR GROUND USE ONLY

Loulou

« Reply #414 on: June 25, 2006, 02:18:22 AM »
Very nice work Red  :)   It's impressive !   :o

Offline J.A.K.

• Brig.General
    • Awards
« Reply #415 on: June 25, 2006, 09:00:32 AM »
Damn Olivier :shock:  Looks great :D

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #416 on: August 24, 2006, 03:15:30 AM »
RD => Test of the UCC's OSRAM prototype on the real CMDS Panel !

Now i will build a pcb who can insert dircetly in the panel (same as the real PCB).

I think we will launch the final test for the first run of UCC, is somebody want it.
Manufacturer of former UCC

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #417 on: August 24, 2006, 08:38:23 AM »
Wow Red Dog that work really looks good, what a great pit you got there.
I wonder if you could help me out on the HW side.
Im looking for the same solution as you on that littel counter messure display you got there.

Is it some thing you sell?
Im just starting on the electronic side my self, and could use all the help/HW solutions out there, so if you have something you make awalible for other pitbuilders the you could PM me.

Looking forward to see more progress pics.

Kukki
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Peten

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #418 on: August 30, 2006, 02:32:10 PM »
RD,

I have a question regards the magnetic switches.
I have noticed that the Auto pilot is not a lever lock switch in your cockpit. but your JFS is.
do you have the part number for the lever lock magnetic switch and a source where to buy it? can you also share with us the cost of this kind of switch?

Thanks,
Asi

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #419 on: August 31, 2006, 07:18:56 AM »
Kukki,
We hope that the UCC will become soon available and I'm sure we will make the proper announcement on VP. At this time we are not ready yet since we still need to final test the RWR and some details in the CMDS implementation.

Peten,
The AP swicthes are regular 3 position switches, not magnetic at this time. reason is that first I haven't found a 3 position magnetic switch and second, there is no room to place a magnetic switch right there because it conflicts with the Left AUX frame.
The one I used for the Start 2 is not a locking type (except that the coil hold it of course) and can be found on ebay.
I have not the part number here, but this auction seem to be of the same type:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Aircraft-Aerospace-Cockpit-Toggle-Switch-Honeywell-OK_W0QQitemZ140023844708QQihZ004QQcategoryZ26439QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I paid mine 40$ if I recall correctly

Have a bandit day
Red Dog